Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

Someone knows when the alpha will be released?

So far it's "The end of the year", maybe/hopefully from the latest videos. We might hear more in the next coming days but basically "Don't hold your breath" at this point.

Indeed - Jay Crowe said "The end of the year" in one of Gamestar.de videos

That also may mean that ArmA3 got delayed again.

The word from devs (i.e. Rocket) about ARMA 3's release being delayed into 2013 does precede the GameStar video in question (5/7, ground vehicles).

Perhaps the community Alpha is a well disguised boot camp. When you leave Stratis to go to Limnos, if you survive recruit traing, you will be a weapon, a minister of death praying for war!

Perhaps the community Alpha is a well disguised boot camp. When you leave Stratis to go to Limnos, if you survive recruit traing, you will be a weapon, a minister of death praying for war!

Now you just reminded me what Arma 3 needs. A good boot camp and a hard drill instructor to go with it. Because he is hard you will not like him, but the more you hate him, the more you will learn. Now let's not derail this thread too much, alright?

Indeed - Jay Crowe said "The end of the year" in one of Gamestar.de videos

That also may mean that ArmA3 got delayed again.

I've read arma3 delayed with a little sadness, but the good news is standalone dayz (using arma3 engine) will now be coming out before the end of the year. Getting arma3 right is important, guess bis want extra time to polish more. Good idea because it can be epic.

... but the good news is standalone dayz (using arma3 engine)

Do you have a quote on that (standalone dayz == arma3 engine)?

maybe thats why the delay, so people won't get distracted from dayz? *paranoia mode off*

Any delay would be due to physics engine migration from PhysX 2.x to 3.x - they've said that during E3.

From what has been described by Dean so far, DayZ will not be using ArmA 3's engine. Rather it will be using ArmA 2's with some improvements (Ragdoll, lighting etc). But it won't be the full-bull ArmA 3 engine (DX11 etc). AFAIK.

I'm looking forward to any news on the alpha from Gamescom. Surely it's not too far off....

Do you have a quote on that (standalone dayz == arma3 engine)?

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/y9o57/new_arma_3_screens_from_gamescon_the_dayz_stand/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/15/day-z-standalone-instanced-building-more-chernarus/

but looking more closely it seems like a Hybrid of 2 and 3. Sorry. I was quite lookin forward to it

"end of the year" ?

Last time they said after E3 ?

The end of the year IS after E3 :)

Nothing to be sorry about, but it really helps quoting the sources to get things right. Many missinformation comes without sources in which case there was actually no information behind ... I'm not except from this either :)

From what has been described by Dean so far, DayZ will not be using ArmA 3's engine. Rather it will be using ArmA 2's with some improvements (Ragdoll, lighting etc). But it won't be the full-bull ArmA 3 engine (DX11 etc). AFAIK.

I'm looking forward to any news on the alpha from Gamescom. Surely it's not too far off....

This is pretty accurate. Simultaneously developing the engine and two different projects at the same time would be insane.

I'd like to become alpha/beta tester. What do I need to do to apply?

My computer is freshly upgraded and ready for ArmA3.

I'd like to become alpha/beta tester. What do I need to do to apply?

My computer is freshly upgraded and ready for ArmA3.

I have heard that everyone is accessible to the Alpha

who doesn't? Actually i believe, someone with older rig could get a chance for a test, i guess devs want to know, how good it runs on older rigs as well...

As said in the videos, you will be allowed to 'pre-order' the game (as they have done with Carrier Command). This will then allow you in to the Community Alpha. No pay = no alpha.

Why can't people read a bit of the thread or use the damn search button.

ESPECIALLY if you have been on the forums since 2006... come on!