Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

So everybody will be able to download community alpha or there will be special requirements?

So everybody will be able to download community alpha or there will be special requirements?

We don't know yet ;)

We know. Everbody will be able to download and play the Alpha. Atleast thats what Ivan Buchta answered on my question when i send him a mail 3 weeks ago.

That's not right coffecat, there are several restrictions to the community alpha:

a) you'll need a computer to play it

b) you'll need an internet connection to download it

So at least 66.3% of the world cannot play the ArmA3 alpha. That's nearly two thirds of the world!

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

Edited by Mr. Charles

And then the 99% of the 33.3% that can't meet the min specs.

And then the 99% of the 33.3% that can't meet the min specs.

Haha! I've finally made it to 1% status -dream achieved and I have only a world chock full of PC slackers to thank. Cigars for all my 1% brethern!

We know. Everbody will be able to download and play the Alpha. Atleast thats what Ivan Buchta answered on my question when i send him a mail 3 weeks ago.

I didn't know that :)

Thank you for the answer.

Does this mean that the community alpha is actually an open alpha? :D (I already have ARMA 2, OA, BAF, PMC... but not TOH or ACR.)

Does this mean that the community alpha is actually an open alpha? :D (I already have ARMA 2, OA, BAF, PMC... but not TOH or ACR.)

We've been told that everybody is allowed into the alpha, so I'd say it's open.

Because its very comon that betas are MP only.

Those aren't betas, those are MP only demos with the launch bugs explained away.

an alpha needs more developement than a beta. so the gamma verion is the one that is the last version? is it the greeks alphabet or just a coincidence...

lol what ^^? Alpha < Beta < RC < Release version. There is no gamma version in the software/gamming industry whatsoever.

I'm just happy to have stumbled upon ArmA 1 & 2 on Steam in the first place. That was this last Friday, 8/3/12. Played demo and I am now hooked. ArmA 3 is looking mightily sick.

I'm just happy to have stumbled upon ArmA 1 & 2 on Steam in the first place. That was this last Friday, 8/3/12. Played demo and I am now hooked. ArmA 3 is looking mightily sick.
Think of ARMA 3 as *ahem* "an ARMA that's (finally) in the 21st century"!

Think of ARMA 3 as *ahem* "an ARMA that's (finally) in the 21st century"!

expain urself sir, please.

expain urself sir, please.

As his lawyer I strongly advise my client to not "explain" himself.

@Ekko: Welcome to the diabolical world of BI's anti-marketing campaign.

Best!

~Froggy

It works for sure fire arma supporters. But im surprised bis don't get more ambitious. Their recent successes show whats possible, and now that they have momentum and a great sequel coming up theyd be smart to run a strong marketing program for some key segments of their global audience.

Strong marketing is for people who make shit games. Those money are better spent elsewhere.

Strong marketing is for people who make shit games. Those money are better spent elsewhere.

You do have some odd notions :)

I think what he means, and I'm not normally in the business of interpreting metalcraze's ramblings, is that strong marketing is sometimes indicative of a poor game and in that case, the marketing budget would have been better spent making the game better.

I think what he means, and I'm not normally in the business of interpreting metalcraze's ramblings, is that strong marketing is sometimes indicative of a poor game and in that case, the marketing budget would have been better spent making the game better.

Full page OFPDR adverts a month prior to release anyone :D