Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

I can wait for the alpha. The longer the better (within reason!) Having the physX3 onboard will be great!

Here some piece of info about, well ... upcoming Alpha, from an Jay and Ivan interview on RockPaperShotgun.com

RPS: When can we expect to see more of the game? Any chances of a hands-on session soon?

Ivan: We are now busy working on the public community alpha which is due for release in this autumn. It will be similar to our E3 hands-on demo, but it will contain the 2D mission editor and allow modifications. I am confident we will be able to showcase many major improvements and new features in this early build and give the community an excellent toy to ease their waiting for the final game.

Autumn ...

so if they would rush it, and release fully buggy and unstable build, you would also say:

Epic fail.

?

You sir, make no sense.

Here is my Old Bear advice :

Trolls.jpg

so if they would rush it, and release fully buggy and unstable build, you would also say:

?

You sir, make no sense.

It's an alpha, dude. It's not supposed to be polished.

It's an alpha, dude. It's not supposed to be polished.

However, they do want to include PhysX 3 in the alpha so we can actually test it.

I was more replying to the guy's implication that he would rather wait and get a bug free release, which is pretty much the opposite of what an alpha is.

That and implying he doesn't want to help make the release bug free. Tsk tsk, some people.

What good is a buggy alpha release where all the bugs that are there are already known to us, and feedback would mostly be about the most obvious ones?

Does everyone get access to the Community Alpha or do I have to apply somewhere?

In addition to what Tonci87 wrote, to be eligible for alpha testing, you have to show the ability to use the forum search function. :)

I believe that the limitations for the alpha are age, height, voice pitch, and there is a very long and tedious registration process. Only to be entered into a lottery and if your name is drawn you may join the alpha.

FPDR

You should have to be registered on the forums for like a week and have 30 posts before you can post in this thread. The amount of people saying "LUL WEN IS TEH ALPHAZ OUT!?1o1ne!?" is getting rediculous.

Fixed it for you :D

That's like carrying water to the ocean.

That's like carrying water to the ocean.

So... Diluting the overall solution? Unless you mean 'carrying brine water to the ocean' but that doesn't flow as well.

a pity there will be not some hot girls, who ask for alpha, we might have a solution, what should they do, to get access to alpha. :)

So... Diluting the overall solution?

Yes. In addition to beer, we are also taking skinny dips in vodka and spirits.

Yes. In addition to beer, we are also taking skinny dips in vodka and spirits.

Bah, ye of little liquor. I have a pool of pure medical-grade ethanol in my basement. Melts ya if you drink it, though.

I have to say, as someone who's seen the contrasting approaches of rocket "versus" Buchta and Crowe's interviews and E3 presentations... I definitely like Buchta and Crowe's words in that RPS interview for the direction for ARMA 3, so sign me up for that community alpha!

Does anyone have any news on when specifically the alpha is going to be released? I know "after e3" could mean anytime beween now and november but i'm so anxious to try it!