Sign in to follow this  
Egodraco

Getting a direction

I guess I am not alone, who sometimes needs help (especially, if here might be other AFV designers). So generally speaking, the purpose of this thread is, if you need an opinion, or asking if someone knows where to find educational matter (for pretty much anything).

Me's first:

Could anyone possibly direct me to how a hatch funcions? Any resources or your own descriptions?

I mean, my hatches are FUBAR, all they really are just chunks off metal, without any other than decorative purpose. In real they couldn't manage to do overpressure, required for CBRNe/NBC systems.

i know on mowag hatches they are on hinges and you just turn the lock, and push it up

But as far as I know, Mowag Piranha, does not include overpressure/NBC systems, does it? Thanks for info anyway. :D

But as far as I know, Mowag Piranha, does not include overpressure/NBC systems, does it? Thanks for info anyway. :D

i *think* you can get them with NBC protection..not 100% sure if Ireland has such variants, but ive seen them used in CRBN training sooo maybe

either way i dont know how NBC hatches would work :)

Egodraco

I believe that you are probably looking for the Addon Research Topic 2. It includes a link to the biki with all of the resources compiled in the Addon Research Topic 1 (compiled by your truly), plus new ones. It is also the thread to ask if anyone knows where to find information on the hatches of the piranha.

Formerly, for getting opinions on models and such would belong in the WIP 2 thread. A new thread for getting opinions on WIP addons is coming to the A&M: D forum very soon (probably tomorrow).

In the future, please use the search function before posting a new topic and make sure you're posting in the right forum. Thank you.

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator.

Closing.