Sign in to follow this  
TheJumpMaster

Is it worth me buying?

I've downloaded Arma II FREE and even though I cannot play it; I am rubbish -Is it worth me buying Arma II: Combined Operations or should I wait until Arma III comes out?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by TheJumpMaster

It´s not about winning, It´s about having fun, buy it if you like it, if you dont like it, spend your money on something else.

It is hard for someone else to say if the game is worth buying for you or not.

If you like it, buy it form sprocket at the top of the forum.

It´s not about winning, It´s about having fun, buy it if you like it, if you dont like it, spend your money on something else.

It is hard for someone else to say if the game is worth buying for you or not.

If you like it, buy it form sprocket at the top of the forum.

Thanks for your answer but I wanted to know if I should get it or wait until Arma III comes out? - 'Cos I don't wann but iy then like 2-3 months later, Arma III comes out...

Arma 3 will maybe be released in Q4 2012, so you will have alot of time to have fun before you need to buy another game.

I highly recommend you to buy CO. It is by far the most engrossing game I've ever played. There's a huge amount of free content - SP & MP missions/campaigns, mods, addons, etc. Many of these community-developed projects put to shame the commercial output of even the biggest game producers. The quality of the game itself, the extraordinary support and commitment of BIS, and the creativity & competence of the community developers add up to something truly special.

Oh. and I'm rubbish too :)

BR

Orcinus

It is by far the most engrossing game I've ever played. There's a huge amount of free content - SP & MP missions/campaigns, mods, addons, etc. Many of these community-developed projects put to shame the commercial output of even the biggest game producers. The quality of the game itself, the extraordinary support and commitment of BIS, and the creativity & competence of the community developers add up to something truly special.

Orcinus

Well Put.

I played operation flashpoint for years. I played all the rainbow six and rogue spear series before that. I am still playing Arma and have since it came out, on a computer that was below minimum specs...it's that good. Did just build a new computer last week so I am actually playing with no lag on anything and we have made some pretty big missions for MP Coop. My son was so impressed he has ordered the game also and should be playing it by the weekend.

So yes, get it, learn it, enjoy it. :D

You can find good used copies on Amazon.com fairly cheap. Be sure to check ratings of seller compared with how many transactions they have.

Edited by Muerte LOL
almost forgot to add

Yes buy it as cheap as you can and enjoy. Arma3 is going to be a long while off, so you may as well have fun in the meantime.

Be warned though, Arma2 kind of sucks at first... For me at least, it was a mixture of being impressed at the scale of it, and disappointed at how clunky everything is and how much I sucked at it too. But if you keep playing, you start to get the hang of it and then you will quickly become good at it. Getting a feel for moving the mouse is the main thing - it's not like all the other FPS's out there, it just feels a little bit different and that takes some getting used to. I also find that moving my monitor closer to me helps with spotting enemies at very long distances. Also remember that you should never run and gun and try to play it like a typical action game. Instead you should always be looking for the nearest rock, tree, or building, and hide behind it, leaning out and taking shots.

Once you get used to it, you will be able to kill people efficiently and you will die a LOT less :) At that point... you will be hooked forever! But it just takes a bit of patience and time to get there. Good luck.

Hey TheJumpMaster, welcome to our community!

if you liked arma 2 free (with extreme ugly graphics and about 30% of content Arma 2 Combined can offer, you would LOVE combined, paying 1 price for 2 games, with lot's of new content (islands, missions, mods etc).

Why would you wait almost a year for Arma III, if you can enjoy arma 2 Combined now? You like RTS games (warfare missions)? You like PvP or Coop (domination, evolution? You like GTA? (yes there are even GTA like RP missions chernarus life, takistan life, zargabad life). You like WW2, but with realistic setting - 1 shot 1 kill? Get invasion 1944 mod. - simply buy combined and enjoy!

Hi guys

Last Activity 02-21-2012 12:21 AM

Hopefully he's busy playing CO..

BR

Orcinus

Buy it and never look back! I spend most of my free time either playing Arma2CO or mashing missions together!

Just wonderful..... simple as that !