Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Insurgency in Takistan - Missions pack

Hi DAP, Nice mission. I have been playing Takistan and having same problem as some others, killing the commander :( Would it be possible to add interrogation to one or two civilians in case commander is dead?

Hey DAP it seems you are away for some time probably with personal business which is totally cool, do what ya need to bro. but i just had an idea. sense im not a great mission maker. here's my idea. as well as to having the interrogation option, to solve the problem with perhaps killing the commanders, is to get Intel from the HQ you spawn at, to give possible locations of caches. and me personally i think it would be cool to have it where not all towns are Hostile to add to the real aspect of patrolling through non hostile villages to interrogate civilians such as stated by smacker909 above, and this could help to identify caches, and once a cache location has been identified, then have the hostile AI spawn in the known cache location. and maybe have them keep spawning untill the cache is destroyed(just so that it not so easy to bomb the whole town untill everyone is dead so there is no need to destroy the cache. but this is still a great mission. and if possible like i stated before, on how could i disable the dap wounds on the mission so that i can use the SLX wounds to recover corpses, such as in real life situations. thanks again DAP! :)

I am very busy at now, but:

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.39

Changelog:

• IEDs on roads (Only engineers and SpecOps can defuse IED)
  • Disposable launchers (M136, RPG-18)
  • Decreased size of markers on map
  • Increased number of insurgents
  • Added icons (medic, engineer, machinegunner) for squad status window
  • Added map with intel for some field commanders (If you kill him - search his body)
  • Added option "Order mоve away" for civilians (If they block your way or stay in dangerous area)
  • Added interier for hangars on US base (Chairs are usable)
  • Added AH-6J on US Base
  • Minor improvenments and fixes

Here is only two missions. COOP for CO (Takistan and Zargabad). All other will be released as soon as possible.

Edited by DAP

Hey,

first of all: Great work. We are palying that map with about 20 - 30 ppl and it works just fine.

But I have one question: Is there an easy way to make the teams bigger? 5 ppl per team is a little smal. Is there an option in the code/mission/menu to expand the teams?

Hi Trulz Welcome to Bis forums, To answer your question just edit the mission and add more playable units.

well, that was easy. Thanks Günter.

I've got another question: How does one of those field commanders exactly look? We've found a couple of guys with camo vests but we were not able to get intel out of them. Could someone post a pic maybe?

greetings,

Truls

I've got another question: How does one of those field commanders exactly look?

Lieutenant

arma2oa2012072021153857.jpg

Field commander

arma2oa2012072021161431.jpg

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.43

Changelog:

• Improved spawn system for Insurgents
  • Added restrictions on the management of helicopters and planes
  • Added weapon restrictions for pilots
  • Added TvT missions (Takistan, Zargabad)
  • New mission - "Insurgency in Chernarus"
  • Minor fixes

ATTENTION: In Chernarus insurgents can place their camps in forests. Use helicopters for reconnaissance, but be carefull: insurgents have anti-aircraft launchers.

Edited by DAP

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.45

Changelog:

• Added "Bandage" function for specnaz and snipers (you can dress yourself as well as other soldiers)
  • Added a repair area for planes and helicopters in Chernarus
  • BTR-90 in Chernarus replaced by two BMP-2
  • Other minor fixes

ATTENTION: In Chernarus insurgents can place their camps in forests. Use helicopters for reconnaissance, but be carefull: insurgents have anti-aircraft launchers.

Edited by DAP

Hello,

In ArmA Portugal Community, we are funs of insurgency, so even when theres a new version we test it!

The last version 2.43 in takistan is having bugs. In this version only pilots can fly, so if we choice a pilot slot we are ejected from pilot seat with the popup "Only pilots can fly". it happens with all pilots "4".

I hope you will fix that!

Best Regards,

Fred

The last version 2.43 in takistan is having bugs. In this version only pilots can fly, so if we choice a pilot slot we are ejected from pilot seat with the popup "Only pilots can fly". it happens with all pilots "4".

Thanks, for info. Fixed :)

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.50

Changelog:

• Fixed bug with restrictions for pilots in Takistan and Zargabad.
  • Increased number of insurgents in Zargabad.

Edited by DAP

Thanks, for info. Fixed :)

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.50

Changelog:

• Fixed bug with restrictions for pilots in Takistan and Zargabad.
  • Increased number of insurgents in Zargabad.

Hi again,

We played in ZARGABAD with 2.50 and it's very very heavy. server drops from 50fps to 10fps when we enter in the city.

In version 2.30 The drop is from 50fps to 40fps. I think theres something activated (units or something) when we enter the city. It's just unplayable in 2.50 our server is a Xeon W3520 8 processor with 24gb ram.

It's very strange fps drop.

Can you try to see what's going on?

Best Regards,

Fred

Hi again,

We played in ZARGABAD with 2.50 and it's very very heavy. server drops from 50fps to 10fps when we enter in the city.

In version 2.30 The drop is from 50fps to 40fps. I think theres something activated (units or something) when we enter the city. It's just unplayable in 2.50 our server is a Xeon W3520 8 processor with 24gb ram.

It's very strange fps drop.

Can you try to see what's going on?

I found problem, and I trying to solve it (too many insurgents with improved AI). In Chernarus main problem in civilians - Alise module not works properly.

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.55

Changelog:

• Improved perfomance.

Edited by DAP

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.75

Changelog:

• Fixed some bugs with duplicated weapon in armory
  • Improved perfomance in all missions
  • Other minor changes

Edited by DAP

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.85

Changelog:

• Increased number of insurgents in Takistan
  • Increased the number of civilians
  • Added civilian vehicles on the roads in all missions
  • Added SVD in insurgents caches
  • Minor improvements and fixes

All links updated

Edited by DAP

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.95

Changelog:

• Fixed bug in punishment system (respawn in desert)
  • Added squad name in squad status info
  • Improved perfomance
  • Minor improvements

All links updated

Edited by DAP

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.95

Changelog:

• Fixed bug in punishment system (respawn in desert)
  • Added squad name in squad status info
  • Improved perfomance
  • Minor improvements

All links updated

I'd really love if in your next version, recruiting AI would be a parameter. I usually play with only 1 friend and since we can't recruit in MP, we feel a little bit lonely without our fireteam. If anything else, this missions is great!

I'd really love if in your next version, recruiting AI would be a parameter. I usually play with only 1 friend and since we can't recruit in MP, we feel a little bit lonely without our fireteam. If anything else, this missions is great!

I will add this option and more other features in next release :)

UPDATE

Current Version: 3.00

Changelog:

• Fixed broken self-dressing for russian specnaz and snipers in Chernarus mission
  • Improved AI tactic and reaction
  • Improved perfomance
  • Minor fixes

All links updated

Edited by DAP

UPDATE

Current Version: 3.15RC

Changelog:

• Updated wounding system (MP fixes and added "Drag" option. Now players can drag wounded and dead units).
  • Decreased waiting time before UAV.
  • Minor fixes.

+ 2 missions in
:

Recruitment AI in MP still in progress because I have some problems with betas (crashes and lags).

All links updated

Edited by DAP