Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Insurgency in Takistan - Missions pack

That great Mission!! I like it. and Thanks up to date!!

I try to call Transport heli at base or another flat place. but allways failed "unable to complay".

How can I use Transpart heli?

That great Mission!! I like it. and Thanks up to date!!

I try to call Transport heli at base or another flat place. but allways failed "unable to complay".

How can I use Transpart heli?

Transport works only for delivering soldiers from base to point on map, or from one point on map to another. Evac works only for delivering soldiers from any point on map to base. If you request transport then distance between you and destination must be more than 500m. If you request transport and distance between you and base less than 500m, then transport will wait you on base. If you request evac, then distance between you and base must be more than 500m.

DAP,

We've been playing Zargabad, it's very hard to locate caches, the map kept showing green-hashed circles after we fought through an area, but no sign of any marks or intel...

and on insurgent team the blue marks overlapping red marks overlapping other marks in the city all so packed close made the map unreadable... couldn't even make out streets due to the markers transparency...

maybe rework these map marks differently or try smaller ones...? just an observation, I'm sure it's different on Takistan (which we have not played much yet) because it's more spread out?

also could you explain the marks to me a bit? i don't understand what getting a green-hash circles even mean. does it mean AI can not spawn in that area anymore?

DAP,

We've been playing Zargabad, it's very hard to locate caches, the map kept showing green-hashed circles after we fought through an area, but no sign of any marks or intel...

and on insurgent team the blue marks overlapping red marks overlapping other marks in the city all so packed close made the map unreadable... couldn't even make out streets due to the markers transparency...

maybe rework these map marks differently or try smaller ones...? just an observation, I'm sure it's different on Takistan (which we have not played much yet) because it's more spread out?

also could you explain the marks to me a bit? i don't understand what getting a green-hash circles even mean. does it mean AI can not spawn in that area anymore?

I will try do something with this. At first this mission was created only for Takistan and seems that it need more rework for Zagrabad. And you right about green markers. This is markers of clear areas.

UPDATE

Current version : 2.29

Changelog:

• Decreased size of markers in Zgrabad.

All links updated

Edited by DAP

I will try do something with this. At first this mission was created only for Takistan and seems that it need more rework for Zagrabad. And you right about green markers. This is markers of clear areas.

Do you mean clear of enemies (or no more enemy spawning?), or clear of ammo caches? As EZJack asks, a bit more info about what/when these marker appear would be brilliant!

Also:

Here is no briefcases with data about caches. The only way to find any cache - interrogate field commander or any other commander of insurgents group. They both wears camo jacket. If you kill them, then you don't get any information about caches. Insurgents can move to defend any attacked cache via special option in any nearest cache.

But I did accidentally kill one, and still found a map (evidence) on the commander, which highlighted a cache location. So do you get both interrogation and map options for commanders, and if so, is the intel provided the same? Or does interrogation provided more detailed info than the map? Hopefully the second option, otherwise there is no point 'capturing' commanders! ;P

Edited by gnarly_rider

Do you mean clear of enemies (or no more enemy spawning?), or clear of ammo caches?

Both :) Green marker mean that here is no hostiles anymore. And they will not spawn at this area :) And here is two conditions for areas with caches:

1. Cache was destroyed.
  2. No alive insurgents in area.

But I did accidentally kill one, and still found a map (evidence) on the commander, which highlighted a cache location. So do you get both interrogation and map options for commanders, and if so, is the intel provided the same? Or does interrogation provided more detailed info than the map? Hopefully the second option, otherwise there is no point 'capturing' commanders! ;P

Wrong :D You can find map on dead field commander only in 30% of cases :) So to be sure, that you get information about cache, you must leave him alive and interrogate him :)

I added this feature after several hours of playing with casual players on public server :) Because of those situations:

- Player: AAAA! I see insurgent!!! Tra-ta-ta-ta-ta! Ha-Ha! He is dead!

- I: Damn you...

:D

Anyway, here is new update :)

UPDATE

Current Version: 2.30

Changelog:

• Increased "spawn range" for insurgents groups in Takistan (1000m instead 750m).
  • Increased number of insurgents in Zagrabad.
  • Added 4 missions for CO (added weapons from A2)
  • Added French localization for all missions(Thanks, Malah)

All links updated.

Edited by DAP

Amazing :D

I added this feature after several hours of playing with casual players on public server Because of those situations:

:nono:

- Casual Players: AAAA! I see insurgent!!! Tra-ta-ta-ta-ta! He is dead! We don't see the commander!

- Casual Players:We don't see the commander!

- DAP: :)

- Casual Players:dash2.gif DAP, make though something! We kill him, because ...mail1.gif(the long long list of the reasons)!

- DAP: :D

- Casual Players::391:

- DAP: :) :D

- Casual Players: pogoman!! Fireball!! Kol9yN!! Connie_search-the-sky.gif

On behalf of all casual players of a portal otstrel.ru

On behalf of all casual players of a portal otstrel.ru

4 pages and no one asked me "How looks insurgents leader?" ;)

You say added 4 new missions? Is that 4 new islands? If so which?

At work on phone atm so can't check for myself :(

Hmm, DAP, maby have sence to rename mission?! because Insurgency label is already busy! ;)

Thanks for the updated version DAP, we had a ball!

Couple of suggestions:

And here is two conditions for areas with caches:

1. Cache was destroyed.
  2. No alive insurgents in area.

• Markers make much more sense! However: we had red hatched intel marker in a town, so went into it to search for cache. After decent firefight, cleared a fair proportion of town, then a green hatched marker appeared, significantly/mostly overlapping red marker. OK, so we assume that this green area is secure (AI wise) and ammo cache is in remaining red marker; and start searching for ammo cache in the red area not covered by green. No luck, eventually find ammo cache in area covered by both red and green marker. This happened at two different towns. So basically, the green marker appeared and covered a yet un-found cache location, twice (though specifically it overlapped the inital red cache marker at this location).
  • Could do with some random AI patrols in the countryside (eg UPSMON or something 2-3km radius from towns), so that you remove the complete focus on attacking towns by overwatch then advance. ie right now the towns are almost the complete focus, and the rest of the map is 'dead'/secure; so if you set up overwatch 400-800m away from a town, you know you are safe and can pretty safely focus on the town. Be nice to have the occasional patrol come up from behind you if you aren't careful. Ie remove tunnel vision of BLUFOR
  • Further to the global ambience, some random IED's to add spice to the 'transport' sections. Again, map feels empty outside the target towns
  • BMP-2 in southern Rasman didn't move at all (it fired but never moved?)
  • How hard would it be to retrofit R3F Revive onto this? The default wounding system is brutal, and we found made team cohesion difficult; 3/4 of the time you die, and then respawn via Rally point, whereas we'd love all dead people to stay writhing on the ground, until they can be 'revived' in place. But I'm guessing this is difficult, as you've implemented it for AI as well! :o
  • PS love using 'crippled/injured' AI as bait for other AI; wound an AI, then settle down and wait for other AI to try and heal him. Repeat ad nauseum!

Awesome work, we are finding this very enjoyable!

OH BTW, how do you disconnect from a UAV session??:butbut: TAB button doco says, though I'm sure I tried that, but......

Edited by gnarly_rider

Hmm, DAP, maby have sence to rename mission?! because Insurgency label is already busy! ;)

I already changed name of this missions twice :D And "Insurgency" and "Insurgency in Takistan" is different names. "Insurgency in Takistan" is just translation from my native language into English.

Couple of suggestions:

• Markers make much more sense! However: we had red hatched intel marker in a town, so went into it to search for cache. After decent firefight, cleared a fair proportion of town, then a green hatched marker appeared, significantly/mostly overlapping red marker. OK, so we assume that this green area is secure (AI wise) and ammo cache is in remaining red marker; and start searching for ammo cache in the red area not covered by green. No luck, eventually find ammo cache in area covered by both red and green marker. This happened at two different towns. So basically, the green marker appeared and covered a yet un-found cache location, twice (though specifically it overlapped the inital red cache marker at this location).
  • Could do with some random AI patrols in the countryside (eg UPSMON or something 2-3km radius from towns), so that you remove the complete focus on attacking towns by overwatch then advance. ie right now the towns are almost the complete focus, and the rest of the map is 'dead'/secure; so if you set up overwatch 400-800m away from a town, you know you are safe and can pretty safely focus on the town. Be nice to have the occasional patrol come up from behind you if you aren't careful. Ie remove tunnel vision of BLUFOR
  • Further to the global ambience, some random IED's to add spice to the 'transport' sections. Again, map feels empty outside the target towns
  • BMP-2 in southern Rasman didn't move at all (it fired but never moved?)
  • How hard would it be to retrofit R3F Revive onto this? The default wounding system is brutal, and we found made team cohesion difficult; 3/4 of the time you die, and then respawn via Rally point, whereas we'd love all dead people to stay writhing on the ground, until they can be 'revived' in place. But I'm guessing this is difficult, as you've implemented it for AI as well! :o

1. Yes, sometimes red markers covered by green markers. Even in Takistan. I will change it in next version.

2. Actually, patrols works. Cars, BMP-2, infantry patrols. But seems it not enough. Takistan is too big.

3. IED's is in progress :)

4. Revive makes mission more arcade :) But I will add some changes in my wound system, and it will be less hard.

5. About BMP-2. Some vehicles on map stay at one place and guard the nearest area.

OH BTW, how do you disconnect from a UAV session?? TAB button doco says, though I'm sure I tried that, but......

My mistake :) Actually script uses interrupt on pressing "lockTarget" button :) On default setting this button - Tab :)

Transport works only for delivering soldiers from base to point on map, or from one point on map to another. Evac works only for delivering soldiers from any point on map to base. If you request transport then distance between you and destination must be more than 500m. If you request transport and distance between you and base less than 500m, then transport will wait you on base. If you request evac, then distance between you and base must be more than 500m.

thank you so much. I understood how to do that.

your Evac and Transport script is great than other one. I thought.

can I use its another mission?

I exmined your script. but difficult for me.

Hi Dap,

I have both the Takistan and Zargabad versions of Arma2CO on my server, and my friends and I are having a real blast with the missions, pretty intense at times.

We have been finding it very difficult to find a cache, and finding commanders without killing them can be a challenge, so we usually do an identify first and shoot after,

so far we have captured 3 commanders and out of them 3 only 1 we were able to interrogate, which he gave us a red mesh on the map, but we went to that area, and found no caches anywhere.

Either Im doing something wrong or something isn't working.

I'm thinking it may be easier to just have actual ammo caches on the ground, as from what I see in the editor, it looks as if they are all trigger based,

linked to the commanders.

Overall its a fun mission but finding caches has been very hard, is there possibly another way to setup the caches?

I forgot to ask is it possible to respawn on your squad, I thought in the features, or notes somewhere this was an option?

Haha! interrogated a commander, searched the area on the map, and actually found a cache!

also discovered which somehow all that I have read on this thread wasn't clear, that the striker on the map you go to and you can spawn at your placed rally point,

this just made the mission much more enjoyable.

There is however if you look at it the title of the Zargabad version of the missions is spelled incorrectly, it says Zagrabad where as it should say Zargabad, id change

it myself but its in the overview file which I cant figure out how to edit, its all html, which i understand but I cant seem to edit anything.

Thanks DAP,

I was hoping for something like Insurgency that you can easily play in SP mode.

I will play this tonight hopefully.

Ta

Rough knight

There is however if you look at it the title of the Zargabad version of the missions is spelled incorrectly, it says Zagrabad where as it should say Zargabad, id change

it myself but its in the overview file which I cant figure out how to edit, its all html, which i understand but I cant seem to edit anything.

I will fix this mistake soon :) Also markers already changed and no cover each other.

DAP!

welcome back buddy, not that you were gone long, :) but having a great time with your mission.

I will fix this mistake soon Also markers already changed and no cover each other.

Cool, good deal!

Question for you, I'm wondering if it were possible for you to implement like zones or areas in which a player would know roughly where to go, for example,

the original insurgency (not to compare but I like the concept) used the map grid squares, the square were red indicating enemy presence.

When you cleared the square then it would turn green, which gave you some feedback that you were accomplishing something.

Is there a way to do something similar?

Also you had said earlier i believe in th thread that the Zargabad version wasn't as polished or working good as the Takistan as you had spent more time on the Takistan version, i'd like to report something for the Zargabad version, i had noticed, my buddy and I when we played it on our gameserver that some times the AI squads would just stand there and not move, maybe 1 or 2 would.

But even when you had wounded a commander and healed him, he wouldn't stand with his hands over his head like he was captured, he would be ina crouch position with

his gun in his hands but not attack of course, and at the same time no interrogate showed in the action menu.

Other times when the commander did put his hands on his head the interrogate did not come up.

I think these are random bugs, not sure, we played the Zargabad version more, only played the Takistan version once, but not enough, will give it more of a go when i get on next.

Thanks for the great mission though.

Hi DAP,

Firstly, thanks for your Insurgency\Incurgency mission, I can see a lot of work has gone into them and they are heaps of fun. I hope you don't mind if I add some suggestions or considerations for your next version. All my observations are based on singleplayer use.

1). Is it possible to make your recuited squad switchable ie.. if (!ismultiplayer) then {{addswitchableunit _x} foreach units group player}; I am sure it's not that easy however : P

This would add more options to the player who often has to take control of AI who are prone to doing your head in sometimes. For example, the squadleader then would not have to take the UAV terminal if he wishes to use UAV support in singleplayer mode. Which leads to the next question.

2). Is it possilbe or plausible to in singleplayer mode to equip your squad mate with the UAV terminal, but then have the players action for "request UAV" available to the player?. This would be a realistic appoach to RL combat, where the squad leader would not always carry the terminal. With this method, you could forget the above step of having teamswitchable AI because you can still use the UAV without actually carrying the terminal. The system you have in place now is IMO the best situation for MP however and is best to stay that way.

3). I can't work out how to deploy a rally point in SP or if this feature is working. I am assuming my misunderstanding somewhere along the line : )

4). The actions menu for setting gras layer and viewdistance does not appear in SP. This may be the intention as I notice there is still grass present, but I was wondering if there are any other options configurable in that menu that may be usefull in singleplayer mode?

Anyway, thanks again for the mission. I love the fact you have taken the extra time to make this work for us who mostly play SP mode, as many MP missions do not allow us to play without going online.

Cheers

Rough Knight

as many MP missions do not allow us to play without going online.

You can play mp missions in multiplayer without having to go on listed servers in the community,

just hit new at the bottom, and choose your mission and you created your own server.

surely you know this already.

Looking forward to DAP's next update!

You can play mp missions in multiplayer without having to go on listed servers in the community,

just hit new at the bottom, and choose your mission and you created your own server.

surely you know this already.

Yeah, I did realise this, but I guess I am more refering in my comments to add some more singleplayer features like teamswitch ability when the player is playing in a non-multiplayer scenario. As mentioned however, I am not sure how friendly this is for DAP to implement. It would just compliment single player use as it seems he intended the mission to also be able to be used for this purpose.

Anyway, no big one..I am sure he has many other more important matters to look into : )

ten four rubber ducky!

Hey DAP, just first off great Addons you've made. but my question is, how can i add backpacks to recruited units? and how can i disable DAP wounding system so that i may use the SLX wounding system, for loading dead bodies into chopper purposes

Edited by A_Blunt_Rifle