Sign in to follow this  
SkyNet2018

F2F Air Loadout Selector System (A.L.S.S.) by [F2F] SkyNet

Nice! Will try it out when I get home. Where did you get the F/A-18C though? I can only find meatballs super hornet?

The F/A-18C is an "internal-only" mod used by my unit. It is based off of the FDF model, yet modified to our (F2F) standards.

finally got a chance to tinker with the latest update. the only issue ive noticed is with the F-15s. If you choose for example the F-15E (Mk84) and then select the GBU loadout, the loadout that generates on the plane the default that would be on the airframe you selected. So in this case Mk84s would spawn, but no GBUs are there. If you scroll through the weapons, the proper weapons of the selected loadout are there...so i guess its more of a cosmetic issue? Love the update and the work though. Pumped for different loadouts for rotary winged aircraft :-)

Good eye on the F-15's, I was a bit let down when I noticed the same issue you speak of. There isn't much I can do about it unfortunately, it's the way the model was designed. The good news is that the loadouts still function properly... it just doesn't have the look! :mad:

This is an awesome addon! Have you considered making it into a map module? Then you could just place the module on the map, sync it with whatever object you want to run the init on and voila! This is how I'm doing some of my own addons. The nice thing about it is that people don't need to look up the path to enter into the init line of the rearming object. They just drag and drop.

Your module proposal sounds great, and is something I will let rattle in the back of my head for a bit. As of now though, this will most likely remain a script version. I've made the script as easy to install as possible (2 steps), so that shouldn't be much of a problem for the mission makers out there. In my opinion, the benefits of a script version out weigh those of an addon version... at least for something such as this.

Addons are a huge problem in ArmA 2. The community is not very large as is, restricting prospecting users who may wish to play your mission is not something I endorse.

Skynet, posible to set a rearming time and timeout in init scripts or somewhere?

A rearming timer is very possible and is something I've been thinking about implementing into a future release. No guarantee's though, it's still on the drawing board.

hi,

Great job Skynet.

Do you think it's possible to add french plane of OFRP and MAF addons?

Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoy the mod. To answer your question, yes it is possible to add other planes. Can you please PM me the ArmaHolic addon pages for further investigation? Thanks. :cool:

Edited by SkyNet2018

A rearming timer is very possible and is something I've been thinking about implementing into a future release. No guarantee's though, it's still on the drawing board.

Just do it man, its important feature for simulate more realistic reloading, instance its not good, maby implement diferernt timers for each plane type, or calculate it by loadout type

Epic job SkyNet, I really love the A.L.S.S, However I really would love to be able to have more of a choice with the loadout, by this I meant, I want to be able to chose how many bombs, missile, etc.

So is it a possibility?

Hey there Skynet Ive been reading through the Forum topic and I haven't seen anyone mention this. Maybe its not a problem for Others not sure.

Anyhow I cant get this to work on the Carrier Nimitz by JDOG. I copied over the stuff and had the Generator sitting next to the Fuel hoses on the Carrier. I never even get a load out change option not for the F-18 or the F-14SuperTomcat.

Also at first i had the lines to remove the load out in all aircraft. It wasn't working so I removed the Clear load out line form all my aircraft then Saved but for some odd reason its still stripping them naked of their load outs even without the line being in their init.

I noticed However when I move the Generator and F-18 to the Airfield I get the Option to use F2F. I am using this as an Alternative to Mando due to My esc key not working (Bug with Windows 7 and ATI driver or something)I cant exit the screen after my load out is selected so I use this. Not only that but also the F-14 Super tomcat has not been made Compatible with Mando as of yet so It need this script, not to mention having a visual load out change is superb.

I saw that your using the Condition of distance would it be possible to maybe change this script to where it can work with the carrier deck altitude of 18 in game?

Great script i love it but i have one or two issues number one is the most annoying for me as i love Domination maps. ( any help would be greatly accepted )

1) Has anyone had an issue with this using it with a Xeno Domination!2 map(s) I tried it on a Chenarus Revive edit where I put loads more aircraft in it from the off & it seems to have stopped all the lift & Wreck choppers from working. Has anyone seen this or is it just me ?.

2) I'm also using v2.4 & I still get the multiple ALS choice in scroll & sometimes it makes it hard to get out of a plane or chopper, as they fill up the scroll action when stopped in vehicle but maybe I upped the area for load-out to much.

Once again great script would be awesome if I didn't have these issues :(

Need some assistance. So I've downloaded and attempt to get the F2F Air Loadout Selector mod working in my Steam version of Arma 2 OA & CO and I keep getting an error every time I go into preview from the editor that its unable to find the files after putting in the script for the loader object and/or script for removing weapons loadout. The instruction say to copy/paste the "f2f_modules" folder directly into your mission folder. Well I've put a copy of that folder into every "mission" 's folder I can find (This includes the user folder, program folder, etc..) associated to Arma 2 and it still won't work. Obviously I'm doing something wrong here so any help/suggestions would be great appreciated!

Edited by Otahy

Hello there guys. I was wondering if it is possible get the same action like in the yup_uh60q between the ACE_AH6j_DAGR and the AH6j_EP1_mm ??

Hi everyone. Thank you SkyNet2018 for this awesome script :)

I however have a problem. I want to use it on the Nimitz to rearm F-14 Supertomcat and F-18 (from meatball). I know these planes are compatible with the script, it works on the ground. But it doesn't work on the Nimitz.

I wrote this in the loader's init line :

null = [this, 20] execVM "f2f_modules\f2f_alss\f2f_alss_init.sqf"; this setPosASL [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 17.9]

Can anyone help me ?

I am using:

Necro map : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10648

F-14 Supertomcat

F-14 Tomcat

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Nimitz

GLT Missilebox

2K12 SA6

Ace and ACRE

Hi everyone. Thank you SkyNet2018 for this awesome script :)

I however have a problem. I want to use it on the Nimitz to rearm F-14 Supertomcat and F-18 (from meatball).

The actionbase always spawns on ground level for some reason. Even if the object is on top of the nimitz, the scripts 'origin' (the radius in wich you can adjust loadouts) spawns somewhere on the sea ground udnerneath it. You still can use the script on the nimitz, but you have to set the radius so high that it overlaps. So, basically you check for how deep the ocean is (e.g. by spawning a car there and get yourself inside & check the GPS) and place the script object there with a radius a bit (30-40) bigger than the oceans depth.

Thank you for this quick answer. GPS shows only the altitude from the sea level, "16" was written in the GPS, and i was on the Nimitz's deck. Anyway i tried to set the radius to 40, to 60, and then to 1000 and it doesn't work :'(

Help would be very appreciated :)

Thank you for this quick answer. GPS shows only the altitude from the sea level, "16" was written in the GPS, and i was on the Nimitz's deck. Anyway i tried to set the radius to 40, to 60, and then to 1000 and it doesn't work :'(

Help would be very appreciated :)

I know its a bit late ;) but just in case others come and try this, then you need to change the 3 files that have getPosATL vehicle player select 2 < 0.1 to something higher than 0.1 (I use 40, since 20 didnt work even though carrier is only 16.3 high).