Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Joystick Throttle: 0/50/100. Banking: 0/100. Turn: 0/100. Can't set it to Analog?

How do I set up the joystick to allow for analogue control? In other games it works perfectly fine and is calibrated. However (currently) the joystick only "works" in certain percentages of throttle power in Arma2/OA.

Throttle: 0/50/100.

Banking: 0/100.

Turning: 0/100.

I'd like to be able to set my throttle to say.. 78%, my banking to 15% and my turning to 58%... all in real time. I swear I remember this game supporting this but something must have changed on my end to prevent the joystick from being used correctly.

I know this has been asked before but I am not sure what key words to have searched after coming up empty after a while.

Get newest beta. It is fixed.

I have never run a beta-patch, mostly because my experience in the past has shown that servers running different versions of the game do not allow you to join. If thats the case while running a beta-patched version of the game in a non beta-patched server I think I'll wait for a release.

I think you'll be OK with this lot of beta's and you might be waiting a while for a patch. Besides, the beta's run as addons so you can choose to run with the beta or not - it's not like a patch where once it's installed your stuck with that version.

I have never run a beta-patch, mostly because my experience in the past has shown that servers running different versions of the game do not allow you to join. If thats the case while running a beta-patched version of the game in a non beta-patched server I think I'll wait for a release.

If you have never run the patch then how can you know? The fact is that if you are running the latest official patch, then all the subsequent betas are compatible with v1.60. So you have no incompatibilities to worry about in MP. Plus as Jedra pointed out the beta patches do not interfere with your A2/OA install as they are installed in parallel...

The beta is runs like a mod. It will not overwrite the standard patch. Just run the beta installer and you are good to go.

Most servers allow beta users. If not just shut down the game and start it without the beta.

On the flying though I just use the analog throttle slider on the none analog increase and decrease buttons. Max or nothing makes it easier to fly in Arma 2, I think.

In the Take on Helicopter demo though its different because of the flight mechanics, but in Arma 2 you could use the above if you have issues besides the beta.