Sign in to follow this  
seamus

Blocky textures on grass and blurry textures on vehicles

Hi guys i am having problems with arma 2,i keep get blocky textures on grass and on vehicles,i have a ati hd 6950,when i zoom in the grass and on vehicles the textures look ok but normal they look terrible,i also have the same problem with tree,s,if i stand beside a tree the textures look fine but as i slowly walk back the get worse and worse same problem with the vehicles,i have changed ATOC to 0 and the problem is still there,my brother is having the same problem he also has the same grapics card,i have the latest drivers also,anyone else have this problem? its is driving me crazy

Yep I think I am going through what you are. It's making me crazy aswell. I've got a thread up too. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131364-Arma2-Detail-loading-issue-from-distances

Watch the video and tell me if thats what is happening to you too.

Yea mate i am having the exact problem as you,it is really pissing me off:mad::mad::mad::mad:

System specs? What version of Arma2 are you running? Has the problem always been there or did it just suddenly start? etc. etc.

Also, putting a link to a vid that doesn't have anything to do with your issue doesn't help much either lol; thanks to Jibbit now we can actually know what the problem is

System specs? What version of Arma2 are you running? Has the problem always been there or did it just suddenly start? etc. etc.

Also, putting a link to a vid that doesn't have anything to do with your issue doesn't help much either lol; thanks to Jibbit now we can actually know what the problem is

Hi my system specs are

i7 720

6 gig of ddr 3 ram

ati hd 6950

ex58-udr3 mobo

1 TB hdd

yes i have had the problem from when i got the game also i am having the same problem with OA,i am running the latest version of both arma 2 and OA as i have steam versions and it keeps them up to date

Hi my system specs are

i7 720

6 gig of ddr 3 ram

ati hd 6950

ex58-udr3 mobo

1 TB hdd

yes i have had the problem from when i got the game also i am having the same problem with OA,i am running the latest version of both arma 2 and OA as i have steam versions and it keeps them up to date

yeah ive had this problem for quite some time now -- I didnt used to have it. Like water-color smudged trees, grass, etc. At the start of a game its ok, but very soon it starts doing this.

I think its documented around these forums elsewhere, but I dont think ive seen any real solid fix for it. All my graphics options are high, ATOC is off.

I got an SSDD to run arma off of to fix it, thinking it might be an LOD load issue, but still have the problem.

Reduce your terrain details settings

+

Without screenshots/videos + your game configuration useless post - sorry to say.