Hi guys, this is just a little something that my brother has cooked up. We're both freelance 3D artists and I recently convinced him to get into the ArmA mod scene. After speaking to Raptor 6 Actual and discussing a possible EOD addon, my brother decided to get stuck in and came up with this.

It's still in the early early stages of development but it's looking pretty damn nice.

HuskyC05b.jpg

HuskyC05.jpg

HuskyC02b.jpg

HuskyC02.jpg

Stiltman put together a config file today and we managed to get it into ArmA1 for a quick play-test and it looks pretty impressive. I took some screenshots of it (with basic colours, no textures) and if you guys don't mind, I'll upload them. I'm kinda reluctant to soil the A2 forums with A1 pics but my dinosaur of a pc won't run A2 lol.

I've asked Stiltman to take some so I'm sure he'll be able to help.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

ExA_Husky_WIP_103.jpg

ExA_Husky_WIP_105.jpg

ExA_Husky_WIP_101.jpg

ExA_Husky_WIP_104.jpg

ExA_Husky_WIP_102.jpg

Again, my apologies for the ArmA1 screenshots, they're only to give you an idea of what we've got so far.

So, ExplosiveAids wanted me to put some images from Arma 2, but i did one better ;)

been working on a crude setup, basic config and been playing around a bit with animating it a little.

its looking good so far atleast, see what it looks like with textures later on.

hope you like it!

1CiBWKed_aw

Edited by Stiltman

Love it too, cant wait for this Husky but also looking forward to play with RG31! :respekt:

You are making my dreams come true.

Nice... pretty soon we can put together a whole Route Clearance Package :)

Do you reckon we can get the AI to get pissed off at how slow they are and go around them. :P

Fuckin A, bout damn time us route clearance guys get some fuckin credit. Doing route clearence might finally be fun now!

I dont want to be a stickler, but the Huskies equipped with the GPR, dont have 4 wheel steering.

Wow, looks great, from the outside it almost looks like a VBS2 model :D

too bad devildog hasn't released much of his IED addon (RL is a bitch some times :( ) you guys and reezo could get together to make something kick ass!

Fuckin A, bout damn time us route clearance guys get some fuckin credit. Doing route clearence might finally be fun now!

I dont want to be a stickler, but the Huskies equipped with the GPR, dont have 4 wheel steering.

So, reason that i add 4 wheel steering is that as i read the Mk3 version has it, while Mk1 and 2 dont.

The MK-III Husky has also been equipped with a four wheel steer (4WS) capability which dramatically reduces its wall to wall turning circle from 26 meters to 18 meters,

Source: http://www.c-s-i.com/Products/vmmd.asp

I am no expert though, since ive never seen one other than on images and the show "Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan" :)

So, reason that i add 4 wheel steering is that as i read the Mk3 version has it, while Mk1 and 2 dont.

Source: http://www.c-s-i.com/Products/vmmd.asp

I am no expert though, since ive never seen one other than on images and the show "Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan" :)

You are correct that it does come from the factory with 4WS, but GPR equiped models are reverted back to 2WS.

While i dont remember exactly what part was the problem (alternator maybe?), man-tech told us that with the GPR equiped husky having 4WS would cause a part to burn up rather quickly.

Regular husky with just the side metal detector panels, you're good to go, that had 4WS

Either way though, that was 6 months ago, and for all i know they could have alleviated the problem by now and have 4WS in all of them again. Im not gonna gig, what looks like an awesome addon, especially if there are any plans for a working GPR, or metal detector, on something as stupid as to whether or not 2 more wheels turn that arent suppose too. Just spreading some knowledge as far as the vic itself goes.

I hope someone is working on a buffalo with a working arm, i know someone is also working on an RG-31 and cougar. That be bad ass to have a complete RCP.

I hope someone is working on a buffalo with a working arm, i know someone is also working on an RG-31 and cougar. That be bad ass to have a complete RCP.

D-d-did you say Cougar? :)

Just a little update for you guys.

This project isn't dead, I just keep getting distracted by other things. Earlier this week, I decided to dust off the Husky and start making textures for it. Stiltman knows a guy who drives these, and I've been using the digital photos he kindly took for us as the basis for the textures. These are very first renders, and I've only made the tyres (and added some flat colour to various parts of the model) so you can expect the quality to improve over time.

Husky_tyre_test_05.jpg

Husky_tyre_test_03.jpg

Husky_tyre_test_02.jpg

Husky_tyre_test_06.jpg

Husky_tyre_test_04.jpg

I've tried to get as much detail on the rubber as possible, including the raised lettering and concentric circles.

I'll upload some more pics once I've made some new textures.

Glad you're sill here Exa - I was worried you'd gone!

Fantastic, as usual, Sir!

Stew

these will fit perfect with the MRAP's you guys are working on. Keep up the good work.

I've tried to get as much detail on the rubber as possible, including the raised lettering and concentric circles.

Well you have done a damn fine job with those, easily some of the best and most authentic looking textures on a tire I've seen. They look so nice and gritty, the sand and asphalt dust along with the packed sand/dirt between the treads really break up the general pattern..how in the world did you that so perfectly?