Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

ARMA 2: OA beta build 89606 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

[89374] Changed: Scripts which are not in a pbo can no longer be executed when not in the mission folder to improve security.

Can someone explaine me how this should stop the DLL-Injection. This is already the most used way. So a nice idea, but 2 years to late.

So like Armatec already said this change will only make the life harder for Scripters and Mission Makers and nobody here can really think that this will stop cheating for longer then 1 week. ( In the case that this would stop the dll injection !)

Just take a look in the forum that is not allowed to be mentioned here and you will see how long they needed to break threw the lastest BE Versions.

I would support the idea of the server config entry armatec has suggested. In my eyes this is the best way to make cheating harder on the one hand and to make things for scripters not to difficult on the other hand.

Changed: Scripts which are not in a pbo can no longer be executed when not in the mission folder to improve security.

Can someone explaine me how this should stop the DLL-Injection. This is already the most used way. So a nice idea, but 2 years to late.

So like Armatec already said this change will only make the life harder for Scripters and Mission Makers and nobody here can really think that this will stop cheating for longer then 1 week. ( In the case that this would stop the dll injection !)

Just take a look in the forum that is not allowed to be mentioned here and you will see how long they needed to break threw the lastest BE Versions.

I would support the idea of the server config entry armatec has suggested. In my eyes this is the best way to make cheating harder on the one hand and to make things for scripters not to difficult on the other hand.

I second this opinion.

From now on, in the future BIS, please allow for OPTIONAL server security commands. If the server admin wants that feature, let them decide.

The script command list is only getting shorter this way. Already it is unavaliable to shutdown the server by mission/script, but it should be an option in the server config (I understand the threat level and neccesity for this, but this also prevents hosted/private servers, which have a negligible risk of cheating from using this option).

Many RPG servers use unpacked data to prevent undesirable parties from gaining access to the serverfiles, given access to those they could further cheat and exploit by knowing weak-points in the mission.

Edited by Double Doppler

Javelin guidance/tracking still doesn't work very well for player = can't lock on OPFOR tanks on veteran (without crosshair). Maybe something bugged with latest experiments "mouse steering"/"automatic looking" or even something easier to fix?

Since the the lastest beta my Arma 2 CO freezes at lobby of multiplayer games. Does not happen without beta and I'm running no mods.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28756

Same here with 89606...went back to 89223...that works fine.

Javelin guidance/tracking still doesn't work very well for player = can't lock on OPFOR tanks on veteran (without crosshair). Maybe something bugged with latest experiments "mouse steering"/"automatic looking" or even something easier to fix?

maybe... but NLAW, Metis, Hellfires from apache lock on all working.

I use gdt javelin mod with SLX no crosshair, sometimes the javelin go up in the air and disappear...:banghead:

Edited by folgore_airborne