The Mono .dll is only intended for Mono for Windows. It's not going to work on Linux natively (Wine might work but I can't help you with that).

https://github.com/ScottNZ/Arma2NET/tree/linux has what I'm up to regarding Linux support, but it isn't quite finished.

If you read over the last few pages in this thread you should find some instructions on how to get it working in some fashion.

The Mono .dll is only intended for Mono for Windows. It's not going to work on Linux natively (Wine might work but I can't help you with that).

https://github.com/ScottNZ/Arma2NET/tree/linux has what I'm up to regarding Linux support, but it isn't quite finished.

If you read over the last few pages in this thread you should find some instructions on how to get it working in some fashion.

Hello Scott_NZ,

Thank you for your reply.

I will tell my friend, who tried to compile it for me.

Greetings Stealth

Scott_NZ,

What are the rules re: Arma2NET distribution? I'm using 2.3 for my plugin:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180692-Gauging-interest-from-other-server-admins-re-Windows-8-1-app/

And I'd like to make the rollout as easy as possible. Is it 'ok' to bundle the entire @Arma2NET folder in a ZIP containing my plugin and redistribute or do I have to have them setup the @Arma2NET mod separately and then put my plugin DLL's in the right places?

Thanks!

Bus

Hey guys, Can you even possibly on German tell me how I arma2net installed for Linux

my English is not so good

Sry

Best Regards

Thank the Post War known to me, But that I do not understand what to do exactly because Google translate does not bring me there .. more If someone translated for me into German

please help me how can I install net framework 4 on the operating system Windows server 2012

is there a way i can disable logging ? I think that since i am using normal HD and not SSDs, the process of streaming 10k objects would be faster if it doesnt write in the log file.

-thanks

Try making Arma2NET.log readonly.

yeah i kinda thought that would work :) just thought there might be a switch or something to turn logging off....cause i am using arma2netmysql with it and it creates logs based on date and time...i'd have to make the whole folder readonly.

I could compile and load Arma2NET on linux, but im strugging to port inidbi using xbuild. Does anyone have knowledge about mono?

arma3server@m1ndfuck:~/serverfiles/@inidbi/sources/Ini_DB$ xbuild Ini_DB.vcxproj
XBuild Engine Version 12.0
Mono, Version 3.12.1.0
Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Various Mono authors

Build started 4/15/2015 2:57:18 PM.
Ini_DB.vcxproj: error : /home/arma3server/serverfiles/@inidbi/sources/Ini_DB/Ini_DB.vcxproj: /home/arma3server/serverfiles/@inidbi/sources/Ini_DB/Ini_DB.vcxproj could not import "$(VCTargetsPath)\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props"
Build FAILED.
Errors:

Ini_DB.vcxproj: error : /home/arma3server/serverfiles/@inidbi/sources/Ini_DB/Ini_DB.vcxproj: /home/arma3server/serverfiles/@inidbi/sources/Ini_DB/Ini_DB.vcxproj could not import "$(VCTargetsPath)\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props"

0 Warning(s)
        1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.0414560
arma3server@m1ndfuck:~/serverfiles/@inidbi/sources/Ini_DB$

@m1ndgames

Honestly i wouldn't try use mono, it will prob just getting annoying trying to figure out what is broken / not implemented yet.

If i were you i would look @ c/c++ atleast the tools / debugger for linux for them is more mature.

Also there is a version of inidb already ported to linux https://github.com/newtondev/inidb-linux

Note: i haven't looked @ the code or tried it out yet.

I could compile and load Arma2NET on linux, but im strugging to port inidbi using xbuild. Does anyone have knowledge about mono?

Yeah, I also had trouble with Mono and the associated libraries when trying to port Arma2NETMySQL. Arma2NET easily compiled but Mono just doesn't seem to have a very active development. The provided binary packages were out-of-date, and there were other issues.

Has anybody had issues with running two instances of ArmA2Net on the same machine?

Here's what I've tried:

- One server directory

- Two services running using the same mod folders and just a different config file (for server name)

- Two server directories

- Two services, each running from their own server directory

What seems to happen for me is that the first server will init the mission fine. If somebody tries to go into the second server and init the mission, the server crashes and reboots. There's no error in the arma server RPT besides it saying it did a minidump, etc.

I know it's possible that it's my C# Assembly causing the crashing, but I can't see a way it'd be responsible.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Has anybody had issues with running two instances of ArmA2Net on the same machine?

Here's what I've tried:

- One server directory

- Two services running using the same mod folders and just a different config file (for server name)

- Two server directories

- Two services, each running from their own server directory

What seems to happen for me is that the first server will init the mission fine. If somebody tries to go into the second server and init the mission, the server crashes and reboots. There's no error in the arma server RPT besides it saying it did a minidump, etc.

I know it's possible that it's my C# Assembly causing the crashing, but I can't see a way it'd be responsible.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

And when you say that the server crashes, this happens in both case 1 and 2? I would try something very simple first (maybe this is a dumb idea but it might help you narrow it down). Make a very simple Arma2NET project and have it just print something to a file when it's called. Now try it in case 1 and 2 and see what happens. What is the plugin doing? Can you provide some details on that? Maybe they're both trying to access the same resource (database, or whatever) at the same time?

@m1ndgames

Honestly i wouldn't try use mono, it will prob just getting annoying trying to figure out what is broken / not implemented yet.

If i were you i would look @ c/c++ atleast the tools / debugger for linux for them is more mature.

Also there is a version of inidb already ported to linux https://github.com/newtondev/inidb-linux

Note: i haven't looked @ the code or tried it out yet.

Yep, im now happily using inidbi on linux :)

Has anyone ever thought of writing an extension to retrieve a connected clients ipaddress which is parse via their steam64id or becguid

I've been trying to get this to work on win 10 64bit with no success..It was working fine on win8 x64...i dont know why it is giving me such hard time.

In the /arma2oa/logs i get this error:

Info: 11:49:16 - Type: mysql Database: dayz IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: dayz Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons
Info: 11:49:16 - Unable to open connection to MySQL database, trying again in 10 seconds.MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): The host 127.0.0.1 does not support SSL connections.
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.MySQL.OpenConnection(String connectionString)

(Notice the SSL connection error oO)

But in the Arma2Net log file i get this:

10/15/2018 11:49:16 Arma2NET 2.3.0.0 running on CLR 4.0.30319.42000
10/15/2018 11:49:16 Loaded into process ArmA2OA
10/15/2018 11:49:16 Loading add-ins
10/15/2018 11:49:16 Caught exception of type System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException while loading add-in DefaultDomain
10/15/2018 11:49:16 System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.89.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. Attempt to load an unverifiable executable with fixups (IAT with more than 2 sections or a TLS section.) (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019) ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Attempt to load an unverifiable executable with fixups (IAT with more than 2 sections or a TLS section.) (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, Boolean fSkipIntegrityCheck, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)
   at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DomainLoadAddIn(String assemblyFile)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DomainDoCallback()
   at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
   at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DoCallbackImpl(AppDomain domain, Delegate func, Object arg)
   at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DoCallbackWithResult[T,TResult](AppDomain domain, Func`2 func, T arg)
   at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.LoadAddIn(String assemblyFile)

All the necessary dependencies are installed. 

fhY9c2y.png

I can connect fine with the Arma2NetExplorer. That works...Only doing it inside the game crashes the client.

Anyone got any ideas ?

-Thanks