Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

Some questions/suggestions

I had been hoping that someone would do a remake of this classic, probably one of my favourite games ever.

One of the shortfall's of the original, at least in my opinion, was that it was always the exact same island chain so after a couple of plays there were few surprises. Is it possible that in "Strategy" mode the game will have the option to randomly generate the map (or at least have various maps to choose from) ??

Also will it be possible to play vs multiple AI opponents - perhaps giving you the option to choose which factions kit they use (I am not suggesting a 3rd or 4th faction)?? I can imagine that a 3 way or 4 way fight could make for an interesting, and possibly long scenerio, especially on a large map.

The screenshots look great, although it would be nice to see some interface shots as well as the eye candy !!!

Cheers

G

The screenshots look great, although it would be nice to see some interface shots as well as the eye candy !!!

Thank you !! Looks great - love the PictureInPicture.

Map is just "slightly" more detailed than the original !! :j:

G:

You know what - I think we should be allowed to join the beta now, the more the merrier.

You know what - I think they shouldn't cut multiplayer from the launch version of the game.

You know what - I think we should be allowed to join the beta now, the more the merrier.

You know what - I think they shouldn't cut multiplayer from the launch version of the game.

Beta has a purpose, not sure opening it to all and sundry would achieve those goals? Also, don't think they've "cut" MP from launch, they simply haven't developed it for the game. I still think this is a bit weird, but I wouldn't hope to offer a possible reason why (although I have a few).

Having played the original by Rainbird back in the 80's and still have the original sticker and tape that came with the game, ive been waiting a long time for it to be released. Well done Bohemia!