Sign in to follow this  
QBA69

replacing BIS faces

I'm trying to replace BIS faces with the ones from Hyakushiki's US Soldier Pack but it's not working and I don't know why?

I mean when modifying within addon's original config like this:

class EventHandlers
{
Init="[_this select 0] exec {\HYK_BISfaces\faceinit.sqs}";
};

it's working just fine. But when replacing the cfgFaces class in the main config.cpp like that:

class CfgFaces
{

class Default
	{
	name="$STR_CFG_FACES_DEFAULT";
	//texture="xicht_2f.paa";
	texture="\HYK_BISfaces\face00.paa";
	east=0;
	west=0;
	};

class Face1
	{
	name="Peter P.";
	//texture="xicht_a.paa";
	texture="\HYK_BISfaces\face01.paa";
	east=0;
	west=0;
	};

it's not working at all and faces look like this:

2r5agwk.jpg

Could you please explain it to me and tell how it should be done properly?

It is not possible to use the textures created for the BIS head model on the Llauma head model

And the same, it is not possible to use the textures created for the Llauma head model on the BIS head model.

Both head models are mapped completely differently, by example

a texture that correspond to the BIS head model UV map :

facer01brg0.jpg

a texture that correspond to the Llauma head model UV map :

facer01iy6.jpg

That was why Hyakushiki made those textures for his soldiers instead of using the OFP BIS texture for the faces, because he was using the Llauma head model, and so the BIS textures couldn't fit.

Thank you Sanctuary for your reply and at the same time I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. The problem is I'm trying to replace BIS faces because I've already replaced BIS units with CameronMcDonald's FacePlant US Infantry. These units use by default Llauma head model and require Facestex2 addon. But that Facestex2 can be replaced by HYK's BIS faces addon. That's why I wrote that when changing Init eventhandler within FacePlant config works and units still look ok.

The problem is when trying to replace cfgFaces class of main config.cpp - no matter whether replaced or not xicht_XXX.paa textures to corresponding \HYK_BISfaces\faceXX.paa faces look like some kind of mutes:/

So basically changing this:

doesn't work at all:confused: And I don't know why?

Don't know if it will work but have you tried replacing the texture in the original pbo?

STGN

Thank you Sanctuary for your reply and at the same time I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. The problem is I'm trying to replace BIS faces because I've already replaced BIS units with CameronMcDonald's FacePlant US Infantry. These units use by default Llauma head model and require Facestex2 addon. But that Facestex2 can be replaced by HYK's BIS faces addon. That's why I wrote that when changing Init eventhandler within FacePlant config works and units still look ok.

The problem is when trying to replace cfgFaces class of main config.cpp - no matter whether replaced or not xicht_XXX.paa textures to corresponding \HYK_BISfaces\faceXX.paa faces look like some kind of mutes:/

So basically changing this:

doesn't work at all:confused: And I don't know why?

Because Llauma heads needs a particular script to give units a face (using the setobjecttexture command), they cannot use the standard named selection of the p3d model called "osobnost" (basically the head and the hands) allowing BIS engine to randomly pick up faces in the Cfgfaces section of the config.