Sign in to follow this  
mr.peanut

Fixing bad texture aspect ratio

Hi,

I want to fix some textures that give the "Invalid Texture Aspect Ratio (16x256)" crash on a ded server. Is there a simple way to do this i.e. resize texture to 32x256? What are all the bad ratios? 1:16 and 16:1?

I think it's 16:1 yes, which was a problem for the 3dFx Glide. However the server also (erroneously) checks for this.

Simple solution: remove all the textures from the addons (on the server only) , it doesnt need them anyway. It can be a pain to find the offending texture, so this is the quickest method..

However, there are some textures that can't be deleted or the server will send an error, like the ones used in scripts for settextureobject (check tanks, and helos), or the scripts used to setflagtexture

how do you remove textures only for the server? sorry for bringing up an old thread but I'm trying to host a server and I can't figure out how to stop the texture error

how do you remove textures only for the server? sorry for bringing up an old thread but I'm trying to host a server and I can't figure out how to stop the texture error

Nicke did all the texture removal work for the WW2 server I was running. I'll take a stab at it.

First un-pbo the suspect addon.

Open the folder created and delete all of the .paa/pac files.

Then re-pbo the folder.

If there is an addon just supplying textures you can simply delete it.

Then upload the edited files to the server and you should be good to go.

It was very annoying with WW2 as there were some many files. :)

:ps: bluedrake...I saw your server running and I logged in, but I saw no missions. If you need help with some missions to load on it let me know. I have a large collection.

Edited by Zulu1