Sign in to follow this  
instagoat

Pre 2000 Games you´re still fond of playing

I used to play SWAT3 and AoEII, but now they are gone from my HD, now occupied by Ghost Recon and Rome: Total War (still old games, but not pre-2000).

But I must say I had great fun with the older games. Here I include Freespace 2, Midtown Madness 2, Monstertruck Madness 2, Motoracer, AoE I, CoC: Red Alert, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, Army Men, SimCity3000, Combat Flight Simulator WWII Europe Series, Blood II, Wolfenstein 3D, Knights and Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom, Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, and so many others. Once in a while I revisit some of these games, but not too often I'm afraid to say.

These are the only ones that I regularly add to my HDD to play once in a while. Staying to 2000 and previous

Rainbow Six & Eagle Watch, Rainbow Six Rogue Spear + Urban Ops & Mods

European Air War

Muzzle-Velocity <--- can't get it to play anymore but it was the first game that combined most of the elements I have come to love in OFP when it came out.

Edited by rowdied
fix link

Shamefully I have none I could list, I only actually got into "gaming" when Ghost Recon arrived in 2001, before that I never played games (just used PC for music only) that I would still have now for PC.

I like the lists here though.

How could we all forget about the Novalogic titles?! :eek:

Delta Force, Armored Fist & the Comanche series, ring any bells? :)

Muzzle Velocity http://au.gamespot.com/muzzle-velocity/platform/pc/<--- can't get it to play anymore but it was the first game that combined most of the elements I have come to love in OFP when it came out.

Never knew that one, but reminded me of Looking Glass´s excellent Terra Nova!

How could we all forget about the Novalogic titles?! :eek:

Delta Force, Armored Fist & the Comanche series, ring any bells? :)

Dues Ex (1st of course), best cyberpunk atmosphere / ambient sound / story ever:

What was that? Uhm... nothing, nothing.

Mib.jpg

*clamp* *clamp* *clamp* *clamp* SCANNING AREA *clamp* *clamp* *clamp* *clamp* SCANNING AREA ...

deusexpic1.jpg

(also StarCraft)

I think I saw someone, a guy in a coat.

*beat*

Guess I'm just hearing things.

Obviously, his vision isn't augmented. Here comes a whole storm surge of Deus Ex in-jokes.

How could we all forget about the Novalogic titles?!

You're right how could we?!

Comanche Gold! Good times, good times...

Griffon 2-6 this is Darkstar!

Edited by Serclaes
forgot quote

Longbow 2. Falcon 4. Also, Hidden & Dangerous. The art of giving multiple order queues to multiple squad members, with synced events driving the timing, all in real-time gameplay :)

One really good one was Terra Nova. I don't know if many people played that one. I played a lot of games back in the day and I must say that that was one of my favourites. It was one of the most immersive at any rate.

It is sad that many of those old games don´t work anymore. Today I somehow wanted to play Knights of the old republic but can´t get this thing to work. The game always minimizes after the Lucas Arts logo...

One really good one was Terra Nova. I don't know if many people played that one. I played a lot of games back in the day and I must say that that was one of my favourites. It was one of the most immersive at any rate.

It had that awesome feature where you could´nt fire your laser through smoke (particles blocking light) for example!

Gotta admit though it was too hard for me, never even managed to beat the demo mission lol

Been playing a lot of old console games, the only one for PC is Falcon 4 with BMS 3.2.

The console ones are mostly JRPG's: Xenogears (98), FF7 (97), Chrone Trigger (95). Taking the dust out of my good old ps1.

Damn! I forgot few GREAT titles.

Earth 2140 anyone?

Rally Championship?

Screamer Rally?

Ubik?

Incubation?

Mortyr?

UPLINK!

Colin McRae Rally 2

Spec Ops: Ranger Assault

Edited by JonPL

Still play most weeks, Rainbow six 1, Rogue Spear & Swat 2 & 3 . Been over 15 years for some of them and just cant get bored of them plus Ghost recon 1 mods combine all of them into GR1 so best of all worlds, personally Enjoy Rogue Spear the most :)

Alien Vs Predator 99, remember the first time I played it as a 10 year old with my father. Good times :D

Just from the top of my head - games that I still play, replay, would recommend:

Jagged Alliance 2 (with 1.13, but pre 3042 build because it became broken crap after that)

Steel Panthers (or rather WinSPMBT / WinSPWW2 which are fan upgrades over the years with higher resolutions and more units and maps)

Fallout 1 (well 2 too but it is more of a juvenile herp derp - still not as bad as Fallout 3/NV though and playable)

Thief 1 & 2 (well ok 2nd one is from 2000)

System Shock 2 (one can play System Shock 1 as well but it isn't as good)

Westwood's Blade Runner (adventure game)

Unreal Tournament (for my arcade shooting needs)

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (4X game)

Microprose Magic The Gathering (with fan mod from 2010 that adds 2000 cards or so - much better than new MTGs, simply because you can also make your own decks instead of buying them as DLCs)

FreeSpace 2. I know I already mentioned it, but, oh boy, does it give me massive Battle of Deneb flashbacks :yay:

I forgot to mention Archimedean dynasty.

I prefer Aquanox.:P

Gunner 3

Rollercoaster Tycoon

Yay!

*Ahem* Also:

Ground Control (I think it is pre-2000)

TANKS!

UnReal World (although latest version :P)

Battle Isle Series