Sign in to follow this  
velebrz

Team management during mission

greetings,

ive missed this option since the original flash. I had a huge break from playing sometime after arma vanilla came out, and started playinga again so please forgive me if something like this already exists, and be kind enough to point me in its direction :D

basically alot of times during play, there are cases where it would be great if I could give the command of the squad under me to another human player for a while. Or split the team of 7 into 2 groups, one 4 other 3 guys. Im guessing the easiest way to do this is via console, which should call a script or two.

on second note does anything of the sort exist already ??

regards

You can set another unit or units to playable then teamswitch, if you are on a waypoint the squad leader will take over though you will get ..2 return to formation.

hi Jingle thanks for the reply.

im not entirely sure what you mean with waypoint ? As to now, I havent really uncovered what that order in the menu does, "next waypoint"...do you mean this ?

I would use teamswitch. For example a Four man team - Team Leader, Grenadier, Medic, Automatic Rifleman. Make then all playable in the editor when you create the mission. You enter the game as Team Leader, your friend as Grenadier. When u wish to pass command you would team switch to either the medic or the Automatic Rifleman and you friend would switch to the team leader, though havent troed this in multiplayer.