Sign in to follow this  
Monkeys

How to hide EVERYTHING but the game for cinematic videos/screenshots?

Hey guys,

I'm playing Combined Ops with ACE/ACRE and all that realistic military sim shit. My question is; how can I hide EVERYTHING temporarily just to take screenshots? I.e; the weapon names at the top right, chat bottom left, objective markers, etc.

Anything that wouldn't appear in a real life photography?

Preferably something I can toggle on and off in real time since usually I'm actually playing with my squad, not just walking around talking screenshots.

Thanks!

Isn't there a button or a key or a console command (is there such thing as a console on Arma 2?) to just toggle it off and back on? Not permanently, just for a few seconds while I'm taking screenshots and/or a few minutes while taking a video without needing to restart the game or whatnot?

I assume the lack of answer implies there's no easy to toggle the HUD on and OFF while playing the game?

No, no easy way.

Really the best way is to frame what you want, make sure you're holding a grenade, or put the muzzle of the gun down, and zoom out a bit, then take your picture and crop the edges and the HUD out using your favourite image editor.

Isn't there a button or a key or a console command (is there such thing as a console on Arma 2?) to just toggle it off and back on? Not permanently, just for a few seconds while I'm taking screenshots and/or a few minutes while taking a video without needing to restart the game or whatnot?

Create a trigger, repeatable, radio alpha activation. Write this in the on activation line :

player exec "camera.sqs"

If you wanna launch the camera, type 0-0-1

Then, when you wanna exit the camera, type the ironsight view (which, for me, isn't V but numpad 0). This will make you exit the camera mode and control your character back.

I unfortunately do not know what that means Prof, sorry. Thanks however.

I unfortunately do not know what that means Prof, sorry. Thanks however.

What don't you understand ? Triggers ?