Sign in to follow this  
solidsnake2384

Near death experiences/intense situations.

got 2:

wild camping with some friends in a beach. some beers night through me and a friend started playing with sticks i was like showng off some martial arts katas, he was showing of street fighting. suddenly he just crazed up and furiously run after me with the stick in the air, i fell, he jumped over... in seconds the rest of the guys jumped over too. i was belly down, legs over someone, 5 or 6 people on my back and head. my face was on the sand, i was literaly breathing it. to this day i can't tell if it was my belly muscles that pushed all that people away so that i could regain breath or if it was my friend pannicaly screaming for them to stand away.... it really felt like i was not going to make it.

payday... i was frenetically biking to reach the bank before closing after work. roundabout, my right foot sliped from the pedal and hit the road firmly, the pedal kept its turn movement to hit my leg from behind, this brought the bicicle to a sudden halt, but inercia made me and the bicicle turn over high above ground. bicicle got a weel bent and almost got run over by a suv. i was found on the sidewalk layed back... without a scratch. i remember the face of the suv driver and how unexplainable all that had been.

What amazed me is that instinct to stay alive and how it makes you find genuinely impossible strength and agility.

I can only remember three events I really thought I was lucky to be alive afterward.

Every summer my small town on the coast is invaded by gypsies or whatever you call those filthy savages. Once those idiots thought it'ld be funny to drive through the entire village in a dirty old hyppy SUV at full speed without ever stopping. I was at that pedestrian crossing, almost half through it, it went way too fast for me to understand what was going on but they managed to avoid killing me by barely a meter. That happened at the end of summer, so they left a couple of weeks later with all the shit they stole leaving behind them a huge a pile of shit. Same story every year.

When I was young we all used to jump from the embankment in the port, that's a good 4 meters high during the low tide. There was that metal pole put in a tire full of concret that some asshole thought it'ld be funny to drop into the sea ... I once jumped and felt the pole with my feet when I jumped underneath the water. Had I jumped a few centimeters short I'ld be dead or severely injured, the tip of the pole was only a few centimeters under the water.

There was also that time with my best childhood friend when the brakes on my bike broke while I was at full speed in a slope, lucky enough there was that huge bush right before the road. The sight was probably hilarious 'cause my friend couldn't stop laughing, I remember being quite pissed off personally. Thinking about it now it could have gone horribly wrong for me, it was either the bush, a car or a concret wall.

I also have a quite large collection of scars on my skull, I used to be reckless not to say suicidal and my mother "was" too self-centered to mind the fuck her child was doing outside all day long. :j: My sister also tried to kill me twice, by pushing me in the stairs and from the bed when we were jumping on it with our big brother, I owe her two of my scars. We get along pretty well now though.

Edited by dunedain

I'm sorry you don't understand my sense of humour. :cool:

@solidsnake2384 Crossmix... Staffy? My mate had a staffy jaw lock onto his dog and literally... it took a hammer to get it to let go, nevermind some water.

Near death experiences...

I fell down the stairs and hit my head on a the edge of a radiator when I was around 10. Yummy.

I'm a to-be paramedic..... CPR gets your adrenaline pumping. First time I did it I couldn't stop shaking for the rest of my shift.

There probably could be staffy mized in because she has prominent shoulder muscles but thats about it. Her tongue is purple so that suggests some chow. But its a very submissive dog but she can fight. She locked right onto the bulldogs face.

I used to have a young pitbull. Small and black that actually ended up fighting the bulldog. My bulldog has always been taunting my other dogs except for one. What happened was I was at school but my mother was home alone and the story is that the bulldog and pitbull fought and it ended up outside somehow. My mom beat the pitbull with a pan and it ultimately let go. Brought it to the pound.

I came home and she showed me the pan. It was all bent up and distorted.

1. Pushed out of a boat in the Chilean archipelago.

Returning to an island camp by boat late one night and enjoying watching dolphins surrounded by phosphorescent algae in the inky blackness . A friend, a bit worse for wear from drink decided to push me out of the boat for a laugh. He didn't realise we were near the front and that I would have been chopped to pieces by the spinning propeller. Last second I just managed to get one hand hold on the side and it took a year for the boat to stop and for them to haul me aboard. My sudden ex-friend had his near death experience when we got to shore at the hands of yours truly and a camp waste pit (food and slops, not poo). I let go when the bubbles got less intense and the legs and arms got frantic. And people said I over reacted!!??

2. Nearly eaten by lions.

In a game park in South Africa I was taking pictures of some lions stalking Zebra right next to the car when they did the usual inconvenient thing and moved to the rear so my photos would have to be taken through the back windscreen. Wanting to get that perfect shot, instead of moving the car, I rolled down the window and leaned out to face the rear. I heard some heavy breathing to my left and there was a scruffy young male Lion about 10ft away looking a bit confused and bobbing from side to side trying to get a better view of me. I'm not sure he had much experience of dragging tourists from car windows and was the back marker for the rest of the pride. Well I was back in the car in a split second doing the fastest window roll up you have ever seen. If he had managed to get hold of me, the others were only 50 yards further down the road. That would have been a rather nasty way to go.

Edited by PELHAM

1: Riding a bike around when I was a teen, the one and only time I crossed against a light at a busy intersection, almost got nailed by a red car. I remember everything being in slow motion, seeing all the little seams in the body of the car, the driver, the tires, just an intense adrenaline rush. Turned with the traffic and avoided getting hit by only inches. Got across the street and had to have a sit down for a while.

2: Was attacked by a guy wielding a 10 inch bread knife in 2005 (Long, fucked up story leading up to that, but that's unimportant here). He ran at me, and I hit him with a 6 D-Cell (Read: Big Fucking Black) Mag-lite in the jaw. Broke his jaw, and he went down for a second, but decided to get back up. Hit him in the arm, and finally got to my car, at which point this half-naked man with a broke jaw and arm who's been chasing me with a knife wound in his leg (REALLY long fucked up story) hurls a rock at the side while I speed away. I got a few blocks and had to pull over to puke. Ended the night getting arrested (Having a mohawk and being involved in anything this messed up will do that) and spending a day in jail, followed by two intense weeks of anxiety before the charges against me were dropped for self-defense. Had PTSD problems with that for a long time, too.

3: I've been deployed to Iraq, so I've seen or been around some messed up stuff, but the closest I ever got to being hit myself was a Katyusha rocket landing about 20-30 meters from my CHU. Funny part is, it was part of a barrage of rockets, and I was playing Arma2 at the time. The first few hits I mistook for the video game, and then they started getting REALLY loud and shaking everything. Next moment, my wall locker's rocking back and forth, I'm on the ground and I've kicked over my chair and trash can. I'm a medic, so next I've got to take some deep breaths, get my shoes on, grab my bag, and run outside after a barrage. Rough night. Some of my friends were playing call of duty on a network (We strung CAT5 cable from all the CHUs to a router in a central CHU for gaming. I know, War is Hell), and they had the same "Is that the game? Oh shit, not the game!" realization I did.

I almost got hit square in the face by a golf ball. The guy cocked up his tee shot and missed me by only a matter of centimetres. It was going fast enough to cause some serious damage.

None yet, thank God.

What are you... bubble boy? :D

Everybody has a near-miss incident a few times in their lifetime. Unless, your are of course Bubble Boy.

1: Riding a bike around when I was a teen, the one and only time I crossed against a light at a busy intersection, almost got nailed by a red car. I remember everything being in slow motion, seeing all the little seams in the body of the car, the driver, the tires, just an intense adrenaline rush. Turned with the traffic and avoided getting hit by only inches. Got across the street and had to have a sit down for a while.

2: Was attacked by a guy wielding a 10 inch bread knife in 2005 (Long, fucked up story leading up to that, but that's unimportant here). He ran at me, and I hit him with a 6 D-Cell (Read: Big Fucking Black) Mag-lite in the jaw. Broke his jaw, and he went down for a second, but decided to get back up. Hit him in the arm, and finally got to my car, at which point this half-naked man with a broke jaw and arm who's been chasing me with a knife wound in his leg (REALLY long fucked up story) hurls a rock at the side while I speed away. I got a few blocks and had to pull over to puke. Ended the night getting arrested (Having a mohawk and being involved in anything this messed up will do that) and spending a day in jail, followed by two intense weeks of anxiety before the charges against me were dropped for self-defense. Had PTSD problems with that for a long time, too.

3: I've been deployed to Iraq, so I've seen or been around some messed up stuff, but the closest I ever got to being hit myself was a Katyusha rocket landing about 20-30 meters from my CHU. Funny part is, it was part of a barrage of rockets, and I was playing Arma2 at the time. The first few hits I mistook for the video game, and then they started getting REALLY loud and shaking everything. Next moment, my wall locker's rocking back and forth, I'm on the ground and I've kicked over my chair and trash can. I'm a medic, so next I've got to take some deep breaths, get my shoes on, grab my bag, and run outside after a barrage. Rough night. Some of my friends were playing call of duty on a network (We strung CAT5 cable from all the CHUs to a router in a central CHU for gaming. I know, War is Hell), and they had the same "Is that the game? Oh shit, not the game!" realization I did.

Somehow I really want to hear that long fucked up story.

A nice story where my life hasn´t been in danger but still scared the shit out of me.

Once I was playing Crimson Skies on my PC (a looong time ago) and was just in the middle of a very intense Dogfight with bullets and rockets all over the place, completely pumped up with Adrenaline and totally focused on the screen. Suddenly my Monitor imploded wit very loud BANG and I fell over with my chair because of the shock.

I think I nearly got a heart attack.

Once a few years ago I was at a main road where it split into two sections in a kind of split curve into separate roads from an initial 2 lane single road. I was on one of the split off roads. I saw a large bus which I assumed was staying in left lane to take left curve off to the other road (I was on the right road). So I looked and then "committed" stepping into the road, half way in it dawned on me through peripheral vision "oh, it was coming this way all the time time and was never turning off" ... I just kept going and I saw the large mass to my right and a massive screeeeeeech to a halt. I kid you not the driver could have only seen the top of my head and I was looking directly face to face with a headlight.

So, what did I do ......... in a shocked but staying calm odd mix, I walked across the road to the other side never turning back at all .... the driver was shouting all manner of things and most of the people on the double level bus weren't too happy being thrown forward ... weird, just a meter further up I would have been under the wheel. Shock is a strange one, I could have stood their apologising, but I just walked on like nothing had happened, it was only about 2 mins after all the panic set it and wasn't a great feeling at all.

Closest I have come to being flattened, BTW the bus was not going slow as it was a carriage way, luck was just about timing, and some decent braking fluid.

Clearly this is so insignificant to some of the stories posted, but hey, I was afoot or two away from being crushed.

Edited by mrcash2009