Sign in to follow this  
mrmoon

Mission won't run script outside of editor.

At the end of my rope, very close to having something major to release and just when I think I have mastered every

tick ofp has to throw at me and now I get this error when I try to test it outside of the editor.

"script effects/destroyed.sqs not found"

The scripts in question are babalons destroyed effect

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=226&game=OFP

There are two scripts "bsmoke.sqs" and "destroyed.sqs"

The two scripts are inside a folder in my mission folder called 'effects' and in each unit I want to be affected by the script I have put this "this exec "effects\destroyed.sqs".

Now in the editor it works fine no problem, the second I try to run it outside of the editor through the mission menu wether its pbo'ed or not ofp gives me the same error message and the script refuses to work?

The scripts are where they are supposed to be.

Ive never had this problem before in any of my missions using the exact same script and I can't find anything here or anywhere else on the problem.

What the hell am I missing now?

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:53 PM ----------

Never mind had to edit script, place scripts in mission folder instead of subfolder and modify all the affected units "exec" commands.

Phew was worried then!

Nope still getting the error message, all traces of the old script have been removed from all units yet its still trying and failing to locate it.

(Flips monitor the bird)

It must be:

this exec "effects[color="#FF0000"]\[/color]destroyed.sqs"

A back slash instead of forward slash.

Also in Destroyed.sqs Line 97: _this exec "effects\BSmoke.sqs"

Oh that was just a typo on here.

Ive removed all traces of the old script from both the editor and the mission sqm Ive deleted all the units that use it and replaced them with new ones Ive pretty gone over everything with a comb and it has not worked.

Thanks for the help not really sure what else I can do though doesnt seem to be anything I can change to get rid of it. :/

My mission is just gonna have to have this ugly eyesore present as the only way to change anything would be to start from scratch and theres no way Im doing that.

May not be the case - but sometimes if the script is a text file and not .sqs you will get this error. I would simply put a test script in same folder - that has a hint "This script is working!" and an exit. Test and see if that script works. If it still does not - why not make your mission available for others to see what they can do to help. 1.96 or 1.99?

Move the scripts out of the effects folder,you don't need it.Just leave them in the mission folder.

Edit the Mission.sqm and find/replace any occurrence of "effects/scriptname.sqs".So that they read

as "scriptname.sqs".You'll need to change the path in "destroyed.sqs" as "Bsmoke.sqs" is referred

to in there.PBO and run in game.

Give it a try.

:)

Yeah cheers dude but read my other post I did all that already :P removed all traces of the old script from my units, then deleted all the old units and replaced them with new ones, checked the mission sqm for signs of old script hanging around and couldn't find anything.

But low and behold its still trying to run the script somehow.

Its ok the mission still runs fine just you know, error messages make it look rather messy.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

May not be the case - but sometimes if the script is a text file and not .sqs you will get this error. I would simply put a test script in same folder - that has a hint "This script is working!" and an exit. Test and see if that script works. If it still does not - why not make your mission available for others to see what they can do to help. 1.96 or 1.99?

Oh its on 1.96 don't wan't to cross that bridge till the bugs have been ironed out.

Like I said the problem now is ofp trying to run the old script in the effects folder when it neither exists in the mission folder or has any exec command in the mission.

Thanks.

The script is being called by something.In order to eliminate the mission

folder and it's contents,it might need a fresh pair of eyes.If you want,I'll take a

look at it.It can't hurt.Even a look at the sqm might be enough.

Ok dude Ill send you the sqm tommorow, thanks man.