Sign in to follow this  
kylania

Take On: Hinds!

Hy@all,

i've downloaded the Game and after entering the SN the window disappears. I cant find the Game and if i try to reinstall, the Hinds loading window shows up and disappears again.

And now, any suggestions how to solve the issue?

regards

Sebastian

Whoever designed those Time Trials was obviously a tax collector and a puppy killer in a previous life - pure evil!!

The yaw is brutal - it's going to take a lot of practice to fly straight never mind do anything else in this bird!

It is brutal and I like it. As said before I'm slowly getting there. Take off is harder than landing (for me at least). My advice: be very gentle on collective and pedals and you will learn to control this beast. Once you build up enough speed it's very easy to fly. The Hind handles a bit like an aircraft at high speeds. And this bird is really fast.

I didn't try the TTs yet (which reminds me - I still have to fly your TT pack^^). Only fooling around in the editor with various birds.

I'm out

Cheers

Did anyone else have to register the game and provide their email and key when they installed Hinds? The registration appears to be with Stardock.

Hy@all,

i've downloaded the Game and after entering the SN the window disappears. I cant find the Game and if i try to reinstall, the Hinds loading window shows up and disappears again.

And now, any suggestions how to solve the issue?

regards

Sebastian

Have you tried installing the 1.05 patch and then re running the installer?

It is brutal and I like it. As said before I'm slowly getting there. Take off is harder than landing (for me at least). My advice: be very gentle on collective and pedals and you will learn to control this beast. Once you build up enough speed it's very easy to fly. The Hind handles a bit like an aircraft at high speeds. And this bird is really fast.

I didn't try the TTs yet (which reminds me - I still have to fly your TT pack^^). Only fooling around in the editor with various birds.

I'm out

Cheers

Opposite for me. I can take off (OK, I am not necessarily facing in the same direction as I started, but I am in the air and the gunner hasn't bailed out of fright!). Landing is an altogether different beast - I think my tyres are filled with helium (when I remember to put them down that is!) - big bounce!

About 1.05 patch anyone knows if it fixes the medium heli bug?

Yes, it should as the latest beta was rolled into this patch.

On a separate note, is there any visual indication anywhere that the gear is down/up? Also the same for wheel brakes?

I like it. Managed to take off and land too the first time. Just took a while. :)

Then tried to taxi and somehow tilting the rotor forward produces a lot of torque and so I turned over :/

Too bad I don't have time to try out the SACLOS stuff.

I sure hope BIS are planning on including a working yaw indicator for the ADI. For users who have the analogue gauges on the interface switched off there is no way to confirm whether you are slipping.

Edited by stun

Idea for patch :

1/ collimated gunsight in cocpit

2/ remove this radar (?) icon from VC (or possibility to remove it - on/off) - right top screen:

scaled.php?server=39&filename=tokhhinds4.jpg&res=medium

I like it. Managed to take off and land too the first time. Just took a while. :)

Then tried to taxi and somehow tilting the rotor forward produces a lot of torque and so I turned over :/

Too bad I don't have time to try out the SACLOS stuff.

You should probably release the wheel brakes first ;)

Have you tried installing the 1.05 patch and then re running the installer?

yeah tried that, but didn't work. And the Game is also not in the Main folder. Any idea?

You should probably release the wheel brakes first ;)

hah! I did!

Well, either that or I took off without wheelbrakes. Coming to think of it, this might be possible xD

Whoever designed those Time Trials was obviously a tax collector and a puppy killer in a previous life - pure evil!!

Well, if you want to punish him, you simply need to say it's too easy...

Such comments only encourage him! ;)

Did anyone else have to register the game and provide their email and key when they installed Hinds?

This is correct behaviour; it's protection on the installer itself. The TKOH game itself is DRM-free since patch 1.04.

On a separate note, is there any visual indication anywhere that the gear is down/up? Also the same for wheel brakes?

The cockpit icons near your left knee. Also look for the landing gear lever being up or down.

So, now that it's really out, anyone can make a short review as to what's in and what's not ?

- Terrain ?

- Military vehicles, targets...

- Missions ? (how many and how are they ?)

- New funcionalities ?

Thanks in advance.

Heyho, we just played Hinds the first time in Multiplayer and we think we found some "bugs" (but can't say they are real bugs):

In multiplayer the "SuperHind S8T PMC" can't fire any weapons except Ataka. You can hear weaponsounds but no bullets/rockets are leaving the barrel (S8 and G12).

As pilot you can't see the open cabin of your gunner, the cockpit seems to be cut of in first person lod.

If the pilot gets in first, he can't release control. Gunner has to get in first (and take control for one time).

I don't want to create a CIT ticket before I can't say if this are actual bugs related to Hinds-DLC.

Is there a special thread for such things (can't find anything related to Hinds)?

But every thing else is great! I love those hinds and their flightbehaviour!

@EricM

As far as I saw:

- A lot of Hinds (3 types, alot of loadouts and paintings)

- New "ambient" vehicles from ArmA (ZU, M1A2,...)

- Missions

In V version I cant move a turret? It dosent work with Track IR or with mouse.

tokhhinds5.th.jpg

yeah tried that, but didn't work. And the Game is also not in the Main folder. Any idea?

Is it possible you moved your TKOH data after you installed the game?

In anycase, if possible, try reinstalling TKOH, then patching it to 1.05 and after that installing DLC.

If your problem persist please send an email to support@bistudio.com

Took few short flights. It's hard as hell to fly this thing, I have to practice more. I love the addon, and I don't regret buying Hinds, but to be honest I'm very disappointed with one thing - reticle is not collimated :( I've noticed it instantly and I felt like ten years ago. Almost all modern sims I fly has HUDs or reticles collimated - DCS, Il2, RoF, BMS, FSX. Last sim I played that had reticle glued to the glass was CFS3. It's major issue for me.

Beside this - it's awesome. Thanks BIS, can't wait to see what you're cooking for us in the future.

Don't sweat it guys. It took me a few months to feel good in DCS: Black Shark. Flying a heli is like trying to tame a bucking bronco. And I'm guessing their's no helpful autopilot in the Hind like there is in the Shark. I fell out of the sky on the first few tries.

I wish some of you people who bought it would record some ingame video though. For those of us still deciding whether we want to buy or not. Especially for the DCS crowd who is really on the fence. I'd love to lure some of them over to Arma. Shark is great, but DCS has nothing but flat terrain and little in the way of AI. Arma beats them hands down on that.

Here is the very first simple video I found :) But i think there is more to follow later!

reticle glued to the glass was CFS3. It's major issue for me.

Would have to agreee..from the pics alone..looks a bit cheezy..

There is some in cockpit video up in the take on helicopter "Video" thread..

Wait that looks like the one in Arma2? Whats new? this is a 2009 video..

Still waiting on the Steam release...sigh..

this does fly in Seattle to right?

Edited by Fuby
oops..the video made it here before I hit submit.. I submit..:)