Sign in to follow this  
kylania

Take On: Hinds!

Unless this comes out as DLC for Arma2, I won't be buying it. I can't understand why they would make this separate from the real game. What am I supposed do with it? Carry out rocket attacks on Sky Scrapers?

For me, the value of Hinds depends entirely on the number and quality of SP challenges. If there are about 9-10 awesome scenarios like there were for BAF, then it's a go. Otherwise, I don't know. If there was an SP campaign, I would buy it sight unseen.

As others have mentioned, I strongly hope that BIS goes haywire with the avionics and operable cockpit controls of the Hind. Like 50 cool switches, buttons, levers, etc. ;)

------------------------

From Hinds Product Details page on Sprocket (http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=sprocket.tpl&product_id=57&category_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2):

Singleplayer Challenges - A variety of light, medium & heavy airframes & cockpits modelled with stunning detail.

Singleplayer Challenges - A set of gameplay challenges showcasing ground attacks and aerial support.

Text in red appears wrong, it should be something about heli types or modelling, not challenges.

And how can you have light, medium, and heavy Hind airframes? Isn't there just one, heavy, airframe for a Hind? :confused:

Edited by OMAC

Singleplayer Challenges - A variety of light, medium & heavy airframes & cockpits modelled with stunning detail.

Singleplayer Challenges - A set of gameplay challenges showcasing ground attacks and aerial support.

Text in red appears wrong, it should be something about modelling, not challenges.

And how can you have light, medium, and heavy Hind airframes? Isn't there just one, heavy, airframe for a Hind? :confused:

He he, it seems to be a misstake, because the ToH product page have this on the same row: Range of Modern Helicopters - A variety of light, medium & heavy airframes & cockpits modelled with stunning detail.

I hope we get some pit screenshots and more informations soon.

It looks like they saw my post above and changed the product details, but things still look dubious:

:confused:

It looks like the above should be replaced with:

Unless BIS has decided not to include Challenges, which would be a very, very bad idea.

-----------------------

Edit: It's fixed now! :)

Edited by OMAC

just purchased it - becuase it's BIS. one of best game devs anywhere. looking forward to trying it out.

It looks very good indeed - only a few more days now! It will be good to experience some of the technology 'borrowed' from Arma3 too!

I can't believe that 4 days before its launch all we get is a few seconds of teaser.

Did you read the interview?

Only three SP missions and a deathmatch ? Isn't it a bit low ?

I'm not sure either how many other military vehicles are to be included as targets, opponents etc...

Is the terrain going to be the same South-Asia one we have ? Is it going to be Takistan ? I seem to recognize Shapur as well...

The hinds do look great, but there are still many unknown parameters... I'll wait for it to come out and see what's really inside.

As much as I like to support BIS, I like to know what I'm getting too...

I seem to recognize Shapur as well...

I noticed that too, I wonder if we get a new map to play with.

Roll on Friday.

Isn't Shapur already on the south asia map in the bottom corner pretty much? (shapur-el-something)

Dan;2118653']Isn't Shapur already on the south asia map in the bottom corner pretty much? (shapur-el-something)

Don't think it is the Shapur of BAF legend though, never spotted any airfield near it.

@ EricM

He also mentions 5 time trails and procedural SP missions means they are to be different each time played.

So if it works well, it should have a lot of replay value. Finally all those assets might be tweaked or expandable by the community.

Don't think it is the Shapur of BAF legend though, never spotted any airfield near it.

Its roughly the same place just with a lower terrain mask. The airfield is there but it isn't marked (you can only really find it by zooming in on that area and looking at the mask). The other buildings are there too.

Dan;2118689']Its roughly the same place just with a lower terrain mask. The airfield is there but it isn't marked (you can only really find it by zooming in on that area and looking at the mask). The other buildings are there too.

Ah' date=' nice.

Will fly a little trip over there tonight after work. Scoping out airfields to place Aircraft and amenties at as I am using the Asian map exclusively now for fixed wing flights as my PC can handle the full 20k draw on it.

Managed to find an area I could place Macadam Cow's Airport Template without problems, origonaly had it at the main airport but never noticed that BIS had placed a fence round it, the B52 crew did not approve. :o

th_takeonh2012-03-1014-07-53-28.pngOrigonal Position.

th_takeonh2012-03-1015-24-17-67.pngAfter the accident.

Really looking forward to using those new hinds on it too.

Edited by Liquidpinky

East Asian Shapur on a rainy day:

751515179490388.jpg

62dddd179490395.jpg

The airport there is quite visible (at least the runways - I haven't checked the buildings).

The airport there is quite visible (at least the runways - I haven't checked the buildings).

Had a little fly over there last night, you don't realise the map is so large until you have travel almost all the way across it.

Going to tart up Shapur's airfield a little once I have finished work on the one at the reservior I have assigned to the Soviets, this will be the new home for the Hinds as it is a nice scenic area to operate out of.

I have found four airfields so far and will endevour to upgrade them all at some point using Macadam Cow's Airport as a reference.

Military Content - Expanded military content of all sorts: weapons, vehicles and static objects

AFAIK this is new on the HIND page. very interesting. looking forward to it.

edit - nah it's old. just i was out of touch. still lookign forward to it!

Edited by twisted

41390_100000648730803_1198_n.jpg

Not long now :D

PS: When is it going to be available on Steam for pre order?

Edited by BangTail

Will we get to preload HIND?

I hope so, my suposedly unlimited broadband provider (Virgin) likes to throttle back and I probably won't be able to play until Friday.

The Take on Helicopters Homepage has just been updated with a HIND section. :)

logo-hinds.png

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of Take On Helicopters: Hinds, we've just updated our website!

Indulge yourself with some Hind history lessons, performance specs and a couple of informative images to boot!

Maybe BIS is following Microsoft and will release Hinds as 'This is an external-only aircraft model. No Cockpit view is included'.

Come on guys, one day until the release and you haven't shown us even single screenshot of the cockpit view?

Maybe BIS is following Microsoft and will release Hinds as 'This is an external-only aircraft model. No Cockpit view is included'.

Come on guys, one day until the release and you haven't shown us even single screenshot of the cockpit view?

The website mentions 'interactive cockpits' so they have probably made some sort of cockpit. Maybe they are still doing this bit, hence why it's gone bit quiet over there ;-)