Sign in to follow this  
kylania

Take On: Hinds!

When I got Hinds installed it was oscillating wildly and would yaw like mad. I just had a look at the AXIS and somehow when installing the patch and hinds my sensitivity on the axis was set to max. I reset it to defaults and it's flying fine now. The hind seems tricky but manageable.

Anyone else experienced this?

Are you sugesting that insurgents equiped with T-72s is something realistic?? Worse even, are you sugesting that insurgents equiped with LOTS of T-72s is something realistic???

Don't get me wrong, but you definitly need a reality check very fast or probably you don't live on planet Earth that's for sure!

Mate, I live in the real world. Just not at the centre of it. ;)

Edited by Liquidpinky

When I got Hinds installed it was oscillating wildly and would yaw like mad. I just had a look at the AXIS and somehow when installing the patch and hinds my sensitivity on the axis was set to max. I reset it to defaults and it's flying fine now. The hind seems tricky but manageable.

Same thing happened to me with the 1.04 install.

noob question: how do I play Hinds ? I"ve installed it, enabled it in the "Extensions" menu, restared the game .. and now what ? I don't see any Hinds missions or campaigns :confused:

noob question: how do I play Hinds ? I"ve installed it, enabled it in the "Extensions" menu, restared the game .. and now what ? I don't see any Hinds missions or campaigns :confused:

If you go into the 'Single Player/Challenges' menu you should see another menu labelled 'Take On Hinds'. You should also see a few extra Time Trials in that section. Sane goes for Multiplayer I guess.

If you go into the 'Single Player/Challenges' menu you should see another menu labelled 'Take On Hinds'. You should also see a few extra Time Trials in that section. Sane goes for Multiplayer I guess.

ok thanks

Nice, how much time took you to play the 3 SP missions so you have experienced all its generic variants ? Because those missions ARE GENERIC. Each time you play one of the 3 types (the fourth mission is just random selection from those 3), the route, Hind armament+skin, and targets are generated different.

I confirm that sometimes the generator offers a lot of tanks, which might be a challenge in case you have just some P version of Hind with S13 rockets. We will tweek the settings for each mission type.

I didnt knew that, thats pretty cool! Thank you!

Hi,

When missiles are select the gunner don't select targets and don't fire, or am i missing something.

Thx

Hi,

When missiles are select the gunner don't select targets and don't fire, or am i missing something.

Thx

Same for me.

I love the SuperHind btw. It's awesome. I really like the flightmodel and the general feel of the helicopter. Engine Sounds are awesome and FLIR is really cool but could need a bit more contrast and brightness. I tried to fiddle with the ingame settings and my monitors settings but it's still not what I'd like to see. When you zoom in as a gunner (like you do in Arma 2 for FLIR) it's ok but the screens in the Helis are not. The screens in the cockpit definately need more love.

Also what about nosewheel steering?

Then there are some things I'm absolutely not happy with:

1. The permanent radar is annoying - give us an option to disable it.

2. Sights/HUD not being collimated is dissapointing

3. Rocket sounds are awful! Especially when fired in groups. The sound isn't that great to start with but when you fire more than 2 rockets the sound gets out of sync. Not nice. I first thought it was an issue with soundsettings but it's not.

It's still very fun to fly and the Hind is certainly my new favourite in TOH!

Edited by Derbysieger

Hi Guys, does somebody know something about steam version? Im waiting for it and im always checking steam store. Dwarden said that theres some problem and we have to wait till it get resolved. But i would be thankful for more information, what is the problem, eta, and so on. Steam is poor in communication with their customers, so maybe you bis guys know what is going on exactly.. Thank you.

November 1

Nostalgia'd.

I had the same issue.

Edited by Snafu

Hi,

Thx

I just played the patrol mission through and I could get them to fire missiles but it was a bit hit and miss (excuse the pun). I can't quite work out the exact reason but it's probably something to do with angle and height - will have to practice more. It seems to be much easier to get them to fire rockets and cannon. Those tanks take a lot of rockets to kill though, so you have to hope you are assigned a bird with plenty of them!!

@Jedra

My gunner don't even select a target whis missiles :) will try different angle and eight like you said.

It's sad whe don't have a doc that explain all the correct procedure.

I have some more questions :)

- How to refuel on the farp

- How to rearm on the farp

- after landing on the farp, i can't get out

- How we know how many bullets, missiles, rockets left when we are in combat (is there some indicator somewhere?)

- How we know the distance to target when an arm is select.

- what are the specifications of the differents arms, lock distance, fire distance and so on... and the delivery methods (IE bombs, rockets, missiles)

Thx

Hi,

Thx

Yes, it sometimes works, sometimes no. Sometimes cant lock a target (green box, not a circle) - for me its a bug. If You take in this time gun or ungided rockets no problem.

Please fix it.

Then there are some things I'm absolutely not happy with:

1. The permanent radar is annoying - give us an option to disable it.

Or please BIS Team to do this active - RWR. Its too same function and near all functions will be work.

rwrs.jpg

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132534-No-Radar-in-Expert-but-real-RWR!-SPO-15&p=2121074#post2121074

Edited by _YoYo_

This DLC will be available in steam or not? I should go to BI store or waiting steam version? :confused:

How we know how many bullets' date=' missiles, rockets left when we are in combat (is there some indicator somewhere?)[/quote']

Not unless you turn on the full HUD - so I made a small addon to fix this - here.

I am with the camp of "no proper combat sim if no proper avionic"

Like I said, it is OK if you are making a civil sim, but if you are to make a combat aircraft, atless some of the avionic relates equipment have to be functional to make the experience more authentic.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the Mi-24 to compare the flight model ? As I understand it they bought the flight model from someone else and it most likely was developed with the rough specifications of the hind such as weight, dimensions, number of rotors etc etc.. It maybe close to the real thing but have they modeled the flight computers ?

I'm no expert but generally, flight sim comparisons between civilian and military helicopters usually results in the military aircraft being easier to fly/stable because of its advanced flight computers.. Basically what I'm asking.. Is the Hind really that much of a pig to fly for real ?

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the Mi-24 to compare the flight model ? As I understand it they bought the flight model from someone else and it most likely was developed with the rough specifications of the hind such as weight, dimensions, number of rotors etc etc.. It maybe close to the real thing but have they modeled the flight computers ?

I'm no expert but generally, flight sim comparisons between civilian and military helicopters usually results in the military aircraft being easier to fly/stable because of its advanced flight computers.. Basically what I'm asking.. Is the Hind really that much of a pig to fly for real ?

From the blogs and posts I read from BI they worked with real Hind pilots some of whom mentioned it was the closests to the real thing they have seen in a game.

I think you have to remember thought that this is a game and also their intention was never to make a full on 'twiddle every knob' simulator (like say DCS do).

It's not such a pig to fly once you get used to it. The first time I flew the Hind I was 'Holy Cow, this is impossible', but a couple of days on and I am liking it very much. It's fast, it's agile and it's fun to fly. For me it ticks most of the boxes, but I was never looking for a full on simulation.

Yeah your probably right. I am a die hard sim fan and this game to me is frustrating as it sits in between. But I can confidently say that I hope this is the future of Arma 3. Atleast it will separate the boys from the men when it comes to flying :)

Have you flown the Ka-50 in DCS Black Shark? It truly flies like a pig, there's no comparison to a fixed wing aircraft like the DCS A-10C, for instance. So the Hind, being equally difficult to fly, seems to be a big step up in realism for BIS.

I like the DCS sims, but for fun gameplay Arma 2 is much, much better. So I have very high hopes for Arma 3. If the "lock boxes" and cheating radar gets replaced by a more realistic targeting system (which we have seen the beginning of with the Super Hind targeting console), then I might completely abandon DCS and do all my flying in Arma.

If the "lock boxes" and cheating radar gets replaced by a more realistic targeting system (which we have seen the beginning of with the Super Hind targeting console), then I might completely abandon DCS and do all my flying in Arma.

Same here. There are not many things to do, to make it, from good to great.

Have you flown the Ka-50 in DCS Black Shark? It truly flies like a pig, there's no comparison to a fixed wing aircraft like the DCS A-10C, for instance. So the Hind, being equally difficult to fly, seems to be a big step up in realism for BIS.

I like the DCS sims, but for fun gameplay Arma 2 is much, much better. So I have very high hopes for Arma 3. If the "lock boxes" and cheating radar gets replaced by a more realistic targeting system (which we have seen the beginning of with the Super Hind targeting console), then I might completely abandon DCS and do all my flying in Arma.

Yes indeed I have, Love it, with the roll pitch and yaw stabilizers turned on (Auto pilot flight comps) it is easy as pie in my opinion.