Sign in to follow this  
fleepee

"Peace Keepers" Campaign Missions Pack

After Months of editing and tests,

here comes the time to announce the release of the 11 coop missions pack from the:

Peace Keepers Campaign

(Play on the oboe and bagpipes merrily,

I'll release soon the MP campaign file...)

pk8_1010.jpg

Technically, all missions were designed to be played coop only on a ARMA2 CO dedicated or hosted server

No addons are required, just put the PBOs in your MPMissions folder!

No known bug at the moment...*

I didn't deactivate AI units (20 to 30 playable slots), so you can play those missions even alone with the usefull help of AIs, I can guarantee you'll need them if no other player join the game!

Just don't forget to deactivate unwanted AIs, as my ennemy reinforcements scripts depend on the number of playable units ingame, and choose Alpha Leader, as he's in charge of the mobile respawn function...

All missions include intro, outro, briefing (basic armament available in the briefing) and de-briefing, and Norrin's revive scripts (lightly customized), and MP choosable parameters in lobby.

All missions (but [PK-05]) include life and points penalties for civilian casualties, so check your targets!

A lot of scripts are used, some home made, some edited.

I want to thank for their great scripts: Xeno (lift script extracted from Domination by Grimes), Norrin, Tophe of Östgöta, Drapper, Pumpkin, Kronsky, Murklor, Celery...

I hope I don't forget anyone!

What is the story line?

You'll discover it by yourselves!

Read the post about first mission (get Steve Harris, linked below) to know about the campaign starting situation.

Play missions in order, from [PK-01] to [PK-11].

Just know you'll play with, and against: US, Takistan, UN, BAF or PMC factions, in Takistan and Zargabad...

If you search for pure infiltration games, these missions are not for you: I edit missions full of action, may be some of you allready experienced it!

But that doesn't mean that infiltration is not a choosable tactical option, or that rushing is the one... (and it's definetely not!)

But I'm not going to give you any tactical piece of advice, play the missions and make your own tactical choices "on the fly", depending on the number of players!

You'll find in each mission briefing important or enough information to handle the situation.

Weapons in crates or vehicles are also not randomly placed... (of course?)

I hope you and your team mates will enjoy yourselves for several hours,

and that you'll hate me!

:cool:

pk8_110.jpg

pk11-310.jpg

Important Notes:

• I'll really appreciate ANY feedback, so don't hesitate to criticize, to give coments and suggestions, or to congratulate, of course! :rolleyes:.
  • * Even if several times tested, some of the missions are still in beta version, please report any bug you find.
  • I'll also be really thankfull for any grammatical or orthographic correction of my english version (all missions support english and french languages)
  • When I started editing the campaign, I wanted to add voices for all missions, but as I wasted a lot of time with voices in the "Rainy Fall" campaign, only two missions do have voices at the moment.
    PM me if you think you can help me with voices (mainly US, english and arabic accent) as I'm fed up hearing my big french accent!
  • If you want to use one of my home made script, don't ask for it but please, just give credit... and let me know if you improve them, I'm not a (good) scripter!
  • Three missions from this campaign were allready released and are still downloadable in updated versions from the armaholic database:

[PK-01] Get Steve Harris:

[PK-05]Secure Oilfields":

[PK-07]South Patrol:

Download the

"Peace Keepers Campaign Missions Pack" RAR file at:

Armaholic

(really BIG thanks to them!!)

Edited by fleepee

Looking forward to the COOP version of this campaign.

In the meantime, feel free to PM for voiceovers (I'm British and I've worked on several different projects in the past, inc. OA, e.g. Soak's Grim Reaper).

I can also help you with your scripts too as I've got solid writing skills (teacher, journo, technical writer) and I read/write French perfectly (j'habite ici depuis 10+ ans).

@domokun: thanks for all your help proposals, I'll PM you as soon as work lets me a bit of time...

@wiki: there is no (and I won't make) SP version of the missions.

create a lan game if you want to play them as SP...

As there was few errors in the notes and in some markers references of the english version briefings, a new version of the pack is available!

I also deactivated the radio trigger in first mission, which was there for testing mission ending... sorry about that!

See first post for download link.

Get Steve Harris was an awesome mission! :D

We played about 4 hours and killed about 300 enemies. 3 Civilians were killed and we had about 15 player deaths. (Really like the punishment system :thumbsup:)

Really nice mission flow and great enemy positions and behavior (they re-mounted statics 3, 4, 5 times). That was one hell of a battle. :D

Our first try failed, because I was killed while having the files on me... We first cleared the way without carrying the files on the second try. Worked out well.

Also, nice to have IEDs in it!

Looking forward to playing the rest of it! Nice work!

Great feedback!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

:cool:

Our first try failed, because I was killed while having the files on me...

When you're killed (get unconscious) with the files on you, they drop out of your pocket to the ground one meter around your body...

You can spot the files on map with the green radio-active spot...

We played it with my team mates from OTEA; once, the guy carrying files was shot at by a ZU23. He was killed inside a building, that was destroyed by the ZU23: we never could get files back from under the rubbles and had to search each house in Zargabad until we found Harris!

:rolleyes:

Oh snap... didn't realize it get's dropped! That's cool! Also didn't notice the green marker get's updated on the first try. The second time we just left the files in the HMMWV until we cleared ahead. That worked out well. We cleared the roads on foot anyway to make sure there are no nasty surprises (after the first one we encountered). :D

Searching all Zargabad buildings sounds crazy :D ... but it's great that the locations are different each time!

we just left the files in the HMMWV until we cleared ahead.

Nice move!

I've never thought about leaving the files in a vehicle! :)

And so, I've never thought about what could happen to the files if vehicle is destroyed...

I should think about it and perhaps also add a lock action to the car, because Zargabad streets are full of thieves!

Intro texts weren't shown in the english version of [pk-03]take hostages v1d. (I just forgot to write them!)

A "back to line" in the hint message for remaining hostages to capture was missing.

These little bugs are corrected in V1e of that mission.

As these are not showstopper bugs, I'm not going to release a new version of the entire "Peace Keepers" campaign missions pack...

Can a moderator advise me if I can use the present thread to offer updates of each mission included in that pack?

Thanks!

Can a moderator advise me if I can use the present thread to offer updates of each mission included in that pack?

Thanks!

I'm no moderator but I'm fairly certain that it's OK as I've seen others employ this practice...

I tried to load up this map on our dedicated server and for some reason your map kept crashing the server.

I tried to check the .rpt of the server and this was the error message I was getting:

ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'MPMissions\[PK-05]Secure_Oil_Fields_V1-b.Takistan.pbo'. Expected -333481568 B, got 1059187 B

The server is a Combined Operations server btw

You're right, the file size of that missions is a bit bigger than the one I have in my server. I must have gotten a corrupted download when I was trying to get it the other day.

Thanks for pointing that out

A lot of F#k### good coop time with this campaign. All the missions have a perfect info in the notes and task... Thanks for your work fleepee!!

:cool: just because I'm pleased and proud of it, I relay that post here!

But the purpose of this message, as I still see some old versions of these missions being played on dedicated servers, is to inform players that the missions pack was updated a while ago...

In a next release, some minor fixes will be made, and an allready tested twelth mission added...