Sign in to follow this  
engima

Escape Chernarus (Mission Release)

Anyone made a port of this for I44?

The idea of a bomber crew (up to 6? but only armed with pistols?) shot down over enemy lines seems pretty credible and close to the original...

Just wanted to post and say great mission! It really ramps up the tension when avoiding enemy patrols, especially early on when you have little weaponry.

Edited by SuperDarly

One humble request?

Support for flashlight weapons from enemy AI?

It would really improve the immersion of the mission if AI possessing flashlight equipped weapons to use them?

Anyone made a port of this for I44?

The idea of a bomber crew (up to 6? but only armed with pistols?) shot down over enemy lines seems pretty credible and close to the original...

I have, but it's not really ready for release. Still got some annoying issues to work out like guards wearing NVGs and having radios. There's also a lack of civilian vehicles in I44 which makes it difficult.

I sort of lost motivation to work on it, but I might be convinced to continue.

I love how random this mission can be. Had 7 players in the squad, just escaped the prison camp and regrouped at green mountain. I had grabbed a satchel charge from one of the guards at the start so we decide to setup an ambush near a main road. Figure we could take out a bmp or something and grab some gear for 2 squad mates with no weapons.

Satchel is placed, we're spread out in a field nearby waiting for something to drive by when out of nowhere this rumbling sound is heard just behind a small hill next to us. A freaking tunguska drives over the hill and spots one of us. Let's just say that didn't end very well. We got killed trying to retrieve the satchel charge from the road :p

Hi people! I'm having trouble getting this mission to work. I want to try it out playing alone first so i hosted a server and started up the map, so far so good but then Arma 2: OA crashes very early into the map.

The crash has happend once when i was crawling away from the fenced starting area, once when i shot someone, once when i just fired into the air and once when i just stood around. I've tried lowering graphics as low as possible aswell as lowering the mission settings (close enemy spawns, few enemies) but i still get the crash. I have no problem playing things like Wasteland if that matters.

I'm running Arma 2: OA from steam with the ARMA2_OA_Build_102111 beta patch.

I have a pretty powerfull computer with 16 GB RAM, i7-2600K 3,5 GHz, GTX 570 (Overclocked) and the Asus Sabertooth P67 moderboard so i don't think it's a preformance issue but i might underestimate Arma 2.

Edit: Solved it, updating to a newer beta patch fixed it somehow.

Edited by NaX

Whenever I try to make an Escape Chernarus game, I get an error message saying that this content has been deleted CaCharacters_e, I do not know how to fix this could someone help?

Hi, i started playn Escape From Chernorus few days ago, id like to ask about one thing.... can i save the game ? every time i have good stuff and i quit the game i lose my stuff. If there is a way to save please reply, thanks. P.S i play on multyplayer LAN/Internet... dont know any other ways to play this(if there are anyother ways) P.S.S im looking for a buddy to play with ;P my skype : oskar.sadz feel free to add me! :D

Edited by maciey2201

hey love this map i did a phew youtube videos on it check out my channel to see them -

had only one issue which there is a video on as well which is this one -

Having a blast playing the mission, and I've been wanting to play the ports of this to the other islands.

Does anyone have the links for them? I found the "Escape From Podagorsk" thread but the download link doesn't work any longer...

So my friend and I have been enjoying this mission very much until 3 days ago. For the last 2 days I've been unable to join my friends server (that he's hosting on his own computer, same goes for me [The same way it has been working for several days {he also can't join the server I host}])

After further research I have determined that I cannot join any server that's hosting escape Chernarus, howevererere, when I try to join a server that's Russian (I know that by the server name [it has the _rus suffix in the mission name]) it is successful

I am now severely frustrated and am not feeling well due to this problem... I have tired every imaginable solution I can think of....

I want to have this problem fixed even if I have to watch Twilight without vomiting blood (now you know how bad I want it)

Help me fix this problem before I commit suicide

Thank everyone for helping in advance

Mentally disturbed,

Kraghot

@Kraqhot it has nothing to do with the mission. It's GameSpy servers that's causing the issues...... put this in your exe target line to connect to your friends computer.....

-connect=<IP address> -port=<port #>

Hope that helps

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

@Kraqhot you put his IP and port # its usually 2302

I signed up to the forum just to thank you for this fantastic mission. My squad and I have been at it for the last 2 or 3 hours, and just as we were about to get to the extraction point, we were overrun.

We still haven't beaten it yet, but we'll definitely keep trying. Possibly the greatest, most genuine gaming experience I have ever had. It's like every scripted event from every other shooter all occurring at different times.

We were moving East towards Zub Castle, and we saw headlights in the distance. Spotting the technical, I told my squad to get down by the side of the road and let it pass. Just as it got close, it started to slow down. We all waited silently in the underbrush, waiting for our mark. Finally, the gunner turned around and we darted across unseen.

Just that had our adrenaline pumping and we were in a fit saying how amazing this was.

Seriously.

Edit: I sound like a major kissass, but I really loved this mission. Another thing that astounded me: We're walking through a field, sticking to a treeline to remain hidden. I spot a Ural in the distance parked on the side of the road. I ask my squad if we should go check it for gear but we decided against it. Just as we go to walk away, one of my mates spots an enemy lying on the ground. Suddenly, about 6-7 guys stand up out of the bushes and run towards us. If we had gotten any closer, we would have died.

Was that Ural just a coincidence or did the AI seriously park it there to lure us into it?

Edited by Kittenpunch

(and I'm saving energy for an Arma III release :) ).

Escape from Altis once it is released would be amazing. Escape from Chernarus is my favourite mission for Arma2 by far and I would absolutely love to see it in Arma3. Stratis is a great island, though I think that perhaps because it only has two villages it might not be quite to ideal it might make for a good testing location.

If you need any testers, or if there is anything I or my group of regular players can do to help when you decide to implement it in Arma3, do let me know.

Thanks so much for making this mission - it still holds the record with our group for "most epic Arma2 experience"! :)

I can't help but think that the Escape from Stratis mission that is included in A3 Alpha is in homage to Escape from Chernarus.

Just put this up on our server. About 6 people joined, 3 worked together. Was absolute madness. Raving reviews, will put it up again possibly every evening, aslong as guild members dont complain. I played with @asr_ai and @tpwcas.

A+

will try your arma 3 version later thi week.

Edited by Masharra

Just finished the mission, had an amazing run with a squad of 5 starting out. Several times everyone died with one person left that had to take out all the AI and revive the teammates, this was a blast and I can't wait to try other methods to get to the goal.

Hi :D First off, I would like to say, I have been thoroughly enjoying this mission :D Secondly, I would like to know how to make the guard that spawns next to me spawn with an RPG or something of that value. I keep coming across BTR and other Armour. So if someone could please help me, that'd be great :D

hello,

first off, I am really having fun with this mission, but I have a problem. Many enemys just ignore me and my teammate and don't open fire at us. We played the mission with arma2 operation arrowhead.

If somebody could help, that be great. :)

Thanks!

Awesome mission one of my favorites so far but having a problem, beat mission 3 times and every time I go to american Flag no 1 is there to Rendevous with. Anyone else have this problem?

I did it fairly easily solo with settings on Recruit, and parameters dropped down as low as possible.

I've tried a couple of dozen times on single player and the furthest ONCE I've managed to get is a couple of miles. Mostly I can't get very far.

Is there anything that you (the author) can do to make single player easier please?

Hi, i am trying to make my own "Ecape from ******" map. But when i press "generate" in my TE_VillageMarkers.nogova2010 mission the file doesnt appear. HELP

VillageMarkers.sqt:

<SquintProject>

<ActiveFile>

System---C:\Users\Mordeton\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\TAW_Mordeton\missions\TE_VillageMarkers.nogova2010\scripts\GenerateVillageMarkersnogova2010.sqf

</ActiveFile>

<IncludeRoot>

</IncludeRoot>

<ProjectRoot>

C:\Users\Mordeton\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\TAW_Mordeton\missions\TE_VillageMarkers.nogova2010\scripts

</ProjectRoot>

<Files>

<File>

<Path>

C:\Users\Mordeton\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\TAW_Mordeton\missions\TE_VillageMarkers.nogova2010\scripts\GenerateVillageMarkersnogova2010.sqf

</Path>

<FileStore>

System

</FileStore>

<ErrorChecking>

True

</ErrorChecking>

<Grammar>

Sqf

</Grammar>

<Filters>

</Filters>

</File>

</Files>

<Dictionary>

</Dictionary>

<GlobalFilters>

</GlobalFilters>

<Tabs>

<ActiveTab>

</ActiveTab>

<FileView>

<SplitterDistance>

</SplitterDistance>

<Orientation>

Horizontal

</Orientation>

<Panel1>

<ProjectFileViewer>

<Path>

C:\Users\Mordeton\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\TAW_Mordeton\missions\TE_VillageMarkers.nogova2010\scripts\GenerateVillageMarkersnogova2010.sqf

</Path>

<FirstVisibleLine>

</FirstVisibleLine>

<ShowLineNumbers>

True

</ShowLineNumbers>

</ProjectFileViewer>

</Panel1>

</FileView>

</Tabs>

</SquintProject>