Sign in to follow this  
engima

Escape Chernarus (Mission Release)

Depbo mission, open description.ext with texteditor and change the 16. line from disabledAI = 1; to disabledAI = 0;. Repack the mission (with tool or mission editor), put it in your mpmissions folder, start up a local server and have fun.

There is at least one problem. AI are not smart enough to find the prison gate, so you will be on your own anyway. But if you edit the file Scripts\Escape\CreatePrinson.sqf (not exactly sure about the file name), removing one wall or something, then it should work. And another problem is that you will not be able to give AI waypoints, since that functionality is overrided (due to a potential cheat when you can give your friends a move waypoint to see distance and figure out where you are). That must be edited to i think, and that is in either init.sqf or in InitServer.sqf. One more thing is that you need to micro manage AI:s picking up weapons and stuff, and I have never really succeeded with that in a good way myself...

Mission is intended for multiplayer as you see, but with these fixes it should be possible to play it in singleplayer.

Depbo mission, open description.ext with texteditor and change the 16. line from disabledAI = 1; to disabledAI = 0;. Repack the mission (with tool or mission editor), put it in your mpmissions folder, start up a local server and have fun.

Thanks man, will give it a try.

And also thanks to Engima. Will give it a try.

First at all Engima i will give you a big thanks for release this wonderful Mission.

Me and my mates play this every day !

You did a great Job. really.

BUT

with this final release we have some lag's on the Server the we didn't have bevore with the 1.5 Version.

Sometimes the Mission stuck for 40 secs and more !

has anyone else this Problems with the 1.7 ?

First at all Engima i will give you a big thanks for release this wonderful Mission.

BUT

with this final release we have some lag's on the Server the we didn't have bevore with the 1.5 Version.

Sometimes the Mission stuck for 40 secs and more !

Ok, that's interesting. Can you please give me some more information? Are you running hosted or dedicated? When does it happen? In the start of the mission? Is it possible that it has something to do with initialization of things? The more information the better, and then I can look into this...

We had the same problem. It only happened once during the mission though. My listen server computer locked up for a good minute while I think the game synced. The client computer on the LAN network kept working as usual.

We had a great game last night, fighting it out with the entire Insurgent army before finally escaping the initial starting area. Found a map on an officer and trekked to Stary Sobor, started attacking the garrison but got killed by BMPs.

This mission type is fantastic and no game has been similar in nature. My only recommendation might be to substantially decrease the amount of enemy soldiers at the comm centers. At one point we were fighting 3 BMP-2s, 1 BMP-3, a BRDM, and approximately 20 men on the ground! It's just not really doable with only two guys. We are going to try it again tonight and I will let you know what happens.

Ok, that's interesting. Can you please give me some more information? Are you running hosted or dedicated? When does it happen? In the start of the mission? Is it possible that it has something to do with initialization of things? The more information the better, and then I can look into this...

Its a eight core Intel Server with 12 GB RAM and enough disk Space and 1GBit Bandwith Windows 2008R2 x64 .I looked at the Taskmanager while playing your Mission. The Server has no traffic on the Proc's. It happend 4 times in one Mission each for a Minute.After this Minute it works well again for 3 Minutes then the next desync comes.It happens when we was in the Forest or near a Street or City looks like a Script hung's up.

After this 10 -15 Minutes of Problems the Mission runs fine but at the End no Boats showing up tu pick us up.

We played it2 days later again and has same Problems not so hard but nearly the same !

Sorry for my english !

Edited by mibu

Ok, that's interesting. Can you please give me some more information?

Seems to occure every second or third gamesession: We start, escape from prison and 2-3 min after start, the server drops to 0-1 FPS and players get out of sync. Server will get up to full FPS after approx 60 secs.

Sometimes this will also occure midgame (~10-30 min after start).

We also noticed this mission behaviour in 1.5 (but not before 1.5)!

I have made a video of a game session with this bug in 1.5 and #monitor enabled, but I can't upload it until weekend.

We also have never encountered this FPS loss on my ported maps (Podagorsk and Isla Duala) so I assume it is related to the huge mapsize of chernarus or the amount of locations.

P.S. We use a linux debian 6.0 dedicated with i7-960 8 GB Ram. 2 to 6 players.

We've played this mission 2 weeks running now and we're REALLY enjoying it.

Our clan also runs the i44 mod, so it got me thinking ... Would it be possible to have an i44 version, i.e. allied troops captured in Chernarus try to escape from a POW camp and must exfiltrate to friendly lines. I can just imagine search lights, German Alsatians and sidecars :D

Hey Enigma! LOVE this mission, it's absolutely great, but we're having the same problem mibu is having, we have severe lag spikes every few minutes where everything locks up for like 40 seconds to a minute, and then comes back and everything is okay. It seems to get more frequent as the game goes on, but sometimes it is just random, kinda makes it difficult to play, as enemies swarm us during that minute of down time, and kill us all. We're using a listen server if that is any help.

edit: we just tried it on a dedi server on various different settings, and got it to work a little better but after about 2-3 rounds, it would de-sync and start to lock up again, the only advantage to using a dedi server is that it doesn't lock the screen up of the person hosting, but everything in the game kinda halts, ie everyone just kinda runs in place for about a minute before it all returns to normal and about 2 minutes later it will happen again, this happens regardless of parameter settings.

Edited by Amnesty

I concur Amnesty's findings, we also have encountered massive lag spikes with this mission that we do not experience with other missions.

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry about all problems with server lags! I should have tested the 1.7 a little better. However, now I have had time to fix it, and right now I released the version 1.72. The only things fixed are the server lag and I also reduced the time it takes to hijack a communication center.

For the ones of you who port this mission to other maps, replace the following files with the new 1.72 files in already ported versions:

- All files in Scripts\DRN\VillagePatrols

- All files in Scripts\DRN\DynamicGuardedLocations

- Scripts\Escape\Hijack.sqf

- All files in Scripts\DRN\MilitaryTraffic (a minor fix not mentioned above)

Thanks again for feedback! I hope you will enjoy the Escape Chernarus gameplay again after this fix!

Thanks a lot Engima for the fast response and the FIX !

For the ones of you who port this mission to other maps,

Hey, thats me :)

Nice fix, we will test ASAP.

Sweet!

Any idea when we will get this for Lingor v.1337? :P

This is probably the most fun I've ever had playing arma2.

This is probably the most fun I've ever had playing arma2.

Thanks! I'm happy to hear that! :)

Any idea when we will get this for Lingor v.1337? :P

When I get some spare time :D

In the meantime, try podagorsk or isla duala.

I love your mision friend. Congratulations for the hard work!

We played yesterday completely for the first time with my friends. 7 players. Amazing mate, congratulations.

Now I'm starting to try port it to Lingor to have more fun! Have all markers exported and now gonna start with that scripting things... Hope I can get it, I'm newbye on this.

If anyone want to help... I'm open! :)

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Hi again!

Im stuck at this step of the port-miniguide:

3. On new map, create village marker. See TE_VillageMarkers.Chernarus in this package's PortTools folder to see how that was done for Chernarus. Place markers on the new map and generate the information using the script PositionGenerator.sqf. Output is placed in .RTF file, and double quotes must be removed before code is copied into the new file Scripts\DRN\VillageMarkers\VillageMarkersMAP (where MAP is the "worldName" of the map).

I have made all, create the activator that calls positiongenerator.sqf but, where is the RTF when generated? Can't find it! :(

PD: I have edited the VillageMarkers.sqt to fit with my system:

<SquintProject>

<ActiveFile>

System---C:\Users\Dani\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Tisor\missions\TE_VILLAGEMARKERS.lingor\scripts\GenerateVillageMarkersLingor.sqf

</ActiveFile>

<IncludeRoot>

</IncludeRoot>

<ProjectRoot>

C:\Users\Dani\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Tisor\missions\TE_VILLAGEMARKERS.lingor\scripts

</ProjectRoot>

<Files>

<File>

<Path>

C:\Users\Dani\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Tisor\missions\TE_VILLAGEMARKERS.lingor\scripts\GenerateVillageMarkersLingor.sqf

</Path>

<FileStore>

System

</FileStore>

<ErrorChecking>

True

</ErrorChecking>

<Grammar>

Sqf

</Grammar>

<Filters>

</Filters>

</File>

</Files>

<Dictionary>

</Dictionary>

<GlobalFilters>

</GlobalFilters>

<Tabs>

<ActiveTab>

</ActiveTab>

<FileView>

<SplitterDistance>

</SplitterDistance>

<Orientation>

Horizontal

</Orientation>

<Panel1>

<ProjectFileViewer>

<Path>

C:\Users\Dani\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Tisor\missions\TE_VILLAGEMARKERS.lingor\scripts\GenerateVillageMarkersLingor.sqf

</Path>

<FirstVisibleLine>

</FirstVisibleLine>

<ShowLineNumbers>

True

</ShowLineNumbers>

</ProjectFileViewer>

</Panel1>

</FileView>

</Tabs>

</SquintProject>

Edited by Tisor

Thanks mate. Now I can continue with the port :D

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Hi Again.

I have continue with the markers for both, villages and community centers.

But, when I compile the mission with the changes done, no enemys appear in the mission... I'm alone inside the camp.

What I'm doing wrong?

Here you have the mission if you want to test it:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56158717/co08_Escapar_Lingor.lingor.pbo

Hope you can help me, would be nice to have this working on Lingor.

But, when I compile the mission with the changes done, no enemys appear in the mission... I'm alone inside the camp. What I'm doing wrong? Hope you can help me, would be nice to have this working on Lingor.

Glad you liked the mission! I cannot check your mission right now, but I've been a little lazy, so I have not set up an AI HQ. So there must be at least one AI for each side (OPFOR and CIVILIAN) already on the map placed in the editor.

For what I've heard there are no Lingor Units for the new Lingor island. Isn't it so? Or will you port it using Escape Chernarus original units? (I have no opinion, I'm just asking).

Glad you liked the mission! I cannot check your mission right now, but I've been a little lazy, so I have not set up an AI HQ. So there must be at least one AI for each side (OPFOR and CIVILIAN) already on the map placed in the editor.

For what I've heard there are no Lingor Units for the new Lingor island. Isn't it so? Or will you port it using Escape Chernarus original units? (I have no opinion, I'm just asking).

Hi Engima. (I write it well :O hahaha)

For the first, I'm using the same units as Chernarus original one, just for testing and get in touch with the port. Then, i will try to start modifying the units for my group to play with ACE and FFAA (Spanish Army Mod).

There are no units for Lingor in this version so... We have to be a little comprensive. BTW, civilians have a special class for Lingor.

For the problem, I already created both units when I posted the mission but, it doesn't work. OPFOR unit is named drn_rifleman and have the same waypoint as Escape Chernarus mission...

Don't know what I'm doing wrong... maybe will try another maps (Maybe fallujah? Could be nice if I can make the function work so it doesn't create the start position inside a building) and see what's happens.

Will be glad if you can check the mission I Uploaded and see what's happening. Many people would like to play this in Lingor!

Regards.