Sign in to follow this  
ssm4862

Player Entering into the trigger and Enemy Teleport

exmaplei.jpg

Hi everyone. I'll ask you some questions. I want player entering into trigger and teleport is an object (House) near the enemies (Group 3) . Since I want to move where I want to be enemies (Group 3). Please help solve the problem.

Do I understand this correctly?

You want the player to see a house with no enemy nearby but when the player enters the trigger around the house an enemy patrol (Group 3) will appear nearby and patrol towards the house?

Do I understand this correctly?

You want the player to see a house with no enemy nearby but when the player enters the trigger around the house an enemy patrol (Group 3) will appear nearby and patrol towards the house?

yeah. Is correct.

Here's one method of doing that (download demo mission).

You'll set up an enemy patrol far away. Name the patrol enemyPatrol with this command in the leader's init field: enemyPatrol = group this;

The group will have three waypoints. First is a HOLD right in front of the units. Next is a MOVE near where you want them to appear. The third would be a SEEK AND DESTROY waypoint at the house.

At the location where you want them to appear you'll create an EMPTY MARKER. Call it mrk_patrolSpawn.

You'll create a TRIGGER around that marker. You will synchronize (F5) this TRIGGER with the HOLD waypoint of the enemy patrol (create the trigger near the enemy, synchronize it, then move it to the marker).

House Trigger Settings:

BLUFOR PRESENT ONCE

onAct:

hint "You hear the sounds of an approaching patrol, find cover!"; {_x setPos getMarkerPos "mrk_patrolSpawn"} forEach units enemyPatrol;

Marker Trigger Settings:

OPFOR PRESENT ONCE

TYPE = SWITCH

What will happen is when the game starts the enemy patrol will wait at their HOLD waypoint. When the player approaches the house he will get a warning message and the enemy patrol will be moved (the setPos command) to the empty marker you placed. Once there they will activate the trigger which will release the HOLD waypoint and they'll start moving to their MOVE and SAD waypoints, attacking the player.

The demo mission includes some extra text and an arrow so you can see where they will appear.

There are many many other ways of doing this such as spawning units by the trigger or from a script but this is the easiest method using just the editor and a few scripting tricks. Let me know how this works for you. :)