Sign in to follow this  
Gameqb11

Quick mission template?

i like the idea behind the "My mission" editor, but it is so restrictive. Is there a way to make a simple mission objective like in the editor wizards (seize city, destroy moving target) yet have the key insertion points and objectives randomly placed where it would make sense?

So basically im asking if i can set up something with a simple objective like , reach waypoint, with multiple guard post- but have it randomly placed every time i start it?

You can do that real easy with the full mission editor. Simply put markers where you want to be able to start and group your unit with the markers. Here's a really quick demo mission to show that at work. Just grouped the markers with the player unit and him and his squad will start either where placed in the mission editor or at either of the two markers it's grouped with.

Edited by kylania

thanks. Is there a way to have all of the cities be automatically registered as random locations? or is this something i need to do by hand?

I love how the Secops module works, but would also like a bit more variety. So it would be awesome if i am able to cook something up on my own!:)

Edited by Gameqb11

Where should I put it?

By "it" I'm assuming you mean the demo mission posted by Kylania.

Extract the file from the 7zip. Put it in your My Documents\Arma 2\missions folder. Then you can open it in the Editor.

Edited by twirly

Thanks for answer, but I meant where to put the mission after it is done in order to have it under "My missions" in mission selection (In Arma 2 OA/Missions where normal missions are stored or else?). If it is in mission folder, I can´t change the locations of markers as I can when I choose any template under "My missions".

Sorry mate...but you have lost me.

Anything in My Documents\Arma 2\missions should be able to be opened in the editor and things changed as you see fit.

You then choose Export to single missions or Export to multiplayer missions.

Then a .pbo file will be created under either Arma 2\Missions or Arma 2\MPMissions.

EDIT: I think you may be talking about the multiplayer editor? In that case the mission are in My Documents\Arma 2\MPMissions. I always use the Single Player editor for everything... so don't know too much about that Multiplayer editor.

Edited by twirly

Okay, I exported it into singleplayer missions and multiplayer missions as well and it is there in selection, but it starts only as a normal mission and not as a template. I get no options for changing starting positions of units, time, weather etc. as I can in "My Missions" wizard.

I´m asking mainly because BIS said new template missions can be done, but since by searching "template" I get only base templates, units templates etc. I was unable to find how to do my own. There are even some missions called "template mission", but they don´t let you to change it in wizard editor neither.

Okay, I exported it into singleplayer missions and multiplayer missions as well and it is there in selection, but it starts only as a normal mission and not as a template. I get no options for changing starting positions of units, time, weather etc. as I can in "My Missions" wizard.

I´m asking mainly because BIS said new template missions can be done, but since by searching "template" I get only base templates, units templates etc. I was unable to find how to do my own. There are even some missions called "template mission", but they don´t let you to change it in wizard editor neither.

It is a normal mission not a template. Ky was solving the semi-random start position with the grouped markers. To do what you want to do use the mcc-sandbox, it lets you spawn and alter all sorts of things while in mission and can be used in multiplayer:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15546&highlight=SANDBOX

can i use MCC to save and load various scenarios...in effect making it like an advanced SP mission wizard? or can i only create missions on the fly in game? Ive read the thread and even the manual and it hasnt been clear to me.

i would love it if i could just set up multiple saved scenarios and load them when needed. I also only play SP, it seems to be more MP based. Will it work as well for me?

if you dont know, ill just repost the question in the MCC thread. THANKS for the link though:cool:

Edited by Gameqb11

Finally I got an idea to search for "mission wizard" and found what I was looking for. See, I am not a native speaker and have ArmA 2 in my language, so it came to my mind only after this discussion. It seems mission wizard is not covered much and editing even less, thought this could be what I was looking for: PVPMissionWizard. I´ll give it a try in a week and ... well, thank you all :)

EDIT: Hm, now I see the link doesn´t have download mirror :X

can i use MCC to save and load various scenarios...in effect making it like an advanced SP mission wizard? or can i only create missions on the fly in game? Ive read the thread and even the manual and it hasnt been clear to me.

i would love it if i could just set up multiple saved scenarios and load them when needed. I also only play SP, it seems to be more MP based. Will it work as well for me?

if you dont know, ill just repost the question in the MCC thread. THANKS for the link though:cool:

Yes it saves it to a text file so you can reload the settings.