Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 88962 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Can someone enlighten me what is the new feature for joystick? I got a logictech force3D but never used it on arma2 as the controls seems different comparing to other flight sims.

The throttles are now able to use the -ve and +ve axis for the thrust axis. This will give you a higher fidelity, especially useful flying choppers.

I unmapped the digital increase thrust/decrease thrust of my throttles from my profile.... Default keys are q and z. If they are still just q an z leave it be. Next I unmapped the analogue speed brake for now and remapped the analogue throttle to the full range of the warthog throttles. I had to move it across the full range. I then gave me a +ve part of the axis and the -ve part of the axis in analogue thrust. Note :- The order in which you start the travel is the direction you want to increase thrust.

Then I went to the controller setup window and move the slider to the middle. This turned the sensitively into a linear progression, if not centred it will feel like a J-curve or an S curve.

I have remapped the speed brake to another axis ..... warthog versatility....

good luck

so add two new separate controls for helicopter and ship right? :)

also people seems to ask lot that there should be separate per each control type

- mouse sensitivity

- invert options for mouse/controllers

- ability invert also X axis

do i missed something ?

maybe better force feedback effects? (currently they are barely noticeable)

so add two new separate controls for helicopter and ship right? :)

also people seems to ask lot that there should be separate per each control type

- mouse sensitivity

- invert options for mouse/controllers

- ability invert also X axis

do i missed something ?

I am sure you know that the main difference is that Aircraft have throttles that you need to push forward to increase...while choppers are the other way round... ( eg collective). Cyclic/Joystick do pretty much the same thing so they do not need to be separated. The ability to map a Throttle for fixed winged aircraft and a separate ability to map collective for choppers would suit most ppl's need... well it would at least suit mine.. :p

This current fix works very well.... thanks...

I've been able to Alt-Tab in ArmA2/OA with no issues for a long time. Not doubting that some people have issues with it but I'm not sure anything in particular changed in this beta that is related.

You are right, it may not be in this particular build since it was quite some time ago since I "dared" to ALT-TAB while playing since it usually would fail after a couple of times...

Anyway, even if we have Windowed mode it's great it seems to be fixed! Will test more coming weekend...

/KC

Wow, very nice and unexspected. Now all we need is a detailed subsystem damage model for fixed wing aircraft (like helos alraedy have) and ArmA is close to be on par with softcore Simulations like the 3rd Wire "Strike Fighters" series.

That would be awesome, but Arma would still need maps like the southeast asia one on Take on Helicopters.

Hi guys I have a question I fly with mouse and KB so I shouldnt map thrust(analogue)and brake (analogue) correct thats for joysticks?

You need to "move the flaps" to change the angle of the thrust with a HOTAS. ;)

that is new and amazing. flying planes is going in a new and really great dimension!

Hi guys I have a question I fly with mouse and KB so I shouldnt map thrust(analogue)and brake (analogue) correct thats for joysticks?

That's correct - only useful for analogue controls.

thrustvector on f-35 / harrier

since the new great featur with the free movement of teh trustvectors, it would be grat to have a display (in cockpit) hud, where the trustvector is pointing at.

i fly in first person , and than its hard to see what angle they are pointing to.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28348

Pure joy to fly even with a gamepad now.

LS: Y axis=nose down/up, X axis=bank left/right

RS: Z axis=Collective/throttle up/down, Z axis=Pedal left/right

Simpler:

LeftStick UP/DOWN = Nose up/down. LeftStick LEFT/RIGHT = Bank left/right.

RightStick UP/DOWN = Throttle up/down. RightStick LEFT/RIGHT = pedal left/right.

LeftStick was already set so you have to add the RightStick controls.

Works flawlessly and super easy to do great maneuvers. :) Cheers BIS.

Cannot wait until this hits as a official patch!!!!!!!!! Now I can use my x52 !!!!!!!!

Why ? It is compatible with Vanilla Servers.