Sign in to follow this  
jackmomma

Tactical Breaching

This addon is designed to make arma's CQB be more tactical. It will give the player the ability to breach a door either by explosives or by shooting down the door.

BreachCharge.jpg

This is a model of the AGP-DB14 Door Breaching Charge. So far The model is complete and some of the scripts are complete.

We plan to create more charges very shortly.

If anyone is interested in helping out email me: ken21@rogers.com

Are you making custom buildings to go with this? (Most buildings in A2/OA don't have doors, that's why I ask)

Are you making custom buildings to go with this? (Most buildings in A2/OA don't have doors, that's why I ask)

As of now were not planning on creating any buildings but it is a possibility. Were mainily focusing on the models and coding and right now it's only me and someone else so designing buildings is a little overwhelming right now :P especially because this is my first addon.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

hooo it's really great, how it works?

Im not sure what your refering to the AGP-DB14 charge or the addon it self?

yeah it will work great with that but the buildings already have breachable doors. My main plan was to make anydoor breachable which i've already accomplished i just decided to take it a step further and add specialized explosives for it.

excellent initiative :) I've been looking for something like this.

If anyone has any suggestions or any breaching devices you'd like to see please let me know.

Do you think generic, non-explosive breaching tools would be possible? Like a breaching sledge. I don't know if there's an existing animation for it though, so it may be out of the question.

Nice work. Coiled breaching wire would be nice also.

Do you think generic' date=' non-explosive breaching tools would be possible? Like a breaching sledge. I don't know if there's an existing animation for it though, so it may be out of the question.[/quote']

Honestly i have no idea if it's whether or not i would be able to do that. In the beginning I was thinking about having a set of animations like kicking down the door but i think right now it's not really an option so stuck with using explosives or your weapon.

If anyone has any suggestions or any breaching devices you'd like to see please let me know.

What about the 'ole "Hockey Puck" shaped charge? Field expedient version: Copenhagen Can with Det Cord haha.

What about the 'ole "Hockey Puck" shaped charge? Field expedient version: Copenhagen Can with Det Cord haha.

Lol if you can get me a picture or something that the modeler can go off of ill add it.

Will these be able to also knock down any wall in Arma? It would be nice to have a shaped charge for wall breaching, with a small blast radius, for tactical entry of courtyards.

Will these be able to also knock down any wall in Arma? It would be nice to have a shaped charge for wall breaching, with a small blast radius, for tactical entry of courtyards.
As of right now no these ones are designed to only take down doors but i might be able to make one that will take down a wall.

How about adding an animated\coded... doors?

So You can set one in editor to the necessary building, and then breach'em.