Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Ships, Naval Mines, and Naval Objects

Taki-tan was inspired by the RL pics of the Greek Navy boats. The dark grey is the CDF independent faction, and the med. grey different flag is the NAPA version since it stands if CDF has them so does NAPA. Russian blue is a bit too blue IMO, but it isn't a deal breaker. So 4 different colors, 5 flags. No PLA ;)
*cough* Funny that, the PLAN's apparently going to stick Zubrs onto Mobile Landing Platforms... at least we can see what it'd look like.

I take it that the "secure vehicle cargo"/"unload vehicles" methodology is going to be reused 1:1 for an Arma 3 version? And are there going to be any particular size limits on what ground vehicles can be loaded into the ship, or is it just a static limit of any six ground vehicles?

Any ground vehicles for the appropriate classes. Currently any truck, car, tank, or apc can be loaded. It has worked with Shilkas and their tall radar mast, so it should work with most anything else. Just drive them up near the ramp (no need to precisely locate them) and the script will load them in. Simply checks for the nearest unloaded vehicles, within about 40m. So if you just line them up they'll be able to be loaded. You must be a crew member aboard the ZUBR to have the action to load/unload them. The anchor points are spaced pretty well so that even larger vehicles shouldn't have any collision issues.

Unload does check if you are in too deep of water, and may refuse to unload if you are near a sudden drop-off. Shallow water unloads should happen pretty easy. Of course the sheer amount of armor on the vehicle, the multiple weapons, and smoke launchers should provide adequate cover to allow unload operations to commence :)

I am thinking I might need to add a "make the AI dumb" script so the AI vehicles in cargo won't try engaging enemy while they are loaded aboard. That might be useful :)

In that further case... any plans for *ahem* "unbeaching technology"? Ya know, to counteract the bane of all Arma watercraft in vanilla... :p

Hey there !

First off, thank you for those nice boats. As far as I know, there is no addon like this. Secondly, I've downloaded your updated version, but whenever I try to use the freighters or the tugboat, their hull texture is missing and an error message saying "cannot load texture uns_water2/data/hull.paa" pops up. I've downloaded the addon from various sources but the problem still persists :( Would you mind looking at the problem or uploading older versions of your mod featuring the working freighters ?

Thank you :)

Thanks for the update, cargo works. One issue I've noticed: one exit point in the left rear part of the ship is a bit high, so some troops get wounds while getting out of the ship. Tried with the squad of 19 men, four of them got wounded after disembark.

That's a texture from my work on the unsung mod. I can't believe you don't have it installed because its a ton of fun! I'll look into that.

Regarding crew disembark I didn't see that but I'll have a look. I normally beach the craft up to the point where it stops complaining and then open the doors and disembark, meaning the rear ones are always in water because of that. I'll adjust those. Hopefully these two small items are the only remaining issues!

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Found the problem with the texture. Also fixed some RVMAT references to my SOCR boat config, so I guess no one runs without that :)

ZUBR mem points are moved down, so they should be working OK now. Interested in feedback on those.

For now, you can use "v3.2" which has all the updates and should work fine. Same download location in the first post, just look for the v3.2 RAR file.

I'm going to redo the props to eliminate the "unknown aircraft" callouts, since I can't get the config settings to behave properly. I plan to eliminate with the original "attach" scripts. I just need to be sure I don't go over poly counts and it should work fine.

Thanks for your work and updates. Loving that Hovercraft goliath .. ;)

Regarding crew disembark I didn't see that but I'll have a look. I normally beach the craft up to the point where it stops complaining and then open the doors and disembark, meaning the rear ones are always in water because of that. I'll adjust those. Hopefully these two small items are the only remaining issues!

After reaching 'Disembark' waypoint (it was just near the end of the water) the ship turned the back to the shore and then troops disembarked. They landed in the water but its depth was too low so some got wounds.

Thanks for the clarification! I think I fixed it. I removed the two rear points (you should use the ramp anyway). I moved the front points downward another 1m so if you are on uneven terrain it SHOULD keep the AI from hurting themselves. Still may have some hiccups.

The problem is really this thing is so big, it tries to center on the terrain which of course isn't always smooth and flat. So I also adjusted the landcontact points so it will be "smaller" on the terrain. The air skirt sections no longer need to be touching the surface.

Feel free to try it out... look for the pook_ZUBRv3.3.rar file in the same download location, and let me know how it works! Just overwrite the existing 3.2 ZUBR files ;)

Again thanks for the update. Now everything works properly, the ship moves its front slightly on the ground and troops spawn right in the middle (where ramp is) and on the ground, so no wounds are possible and everything looks just like disembark IRL.

Thank you for the update ! Works like magic ! Cudos to you. As for the Unsung mod, to be candid, downloading the mod crossed my mind but I'd like to use the ships in MP missions and I guess my pals wouldn't be keen on downloading such a huge mod :(. Anyway, thanks again for a prompt fix :icon14: :) Good luck with your future addons ! :wave:

Yay I'm glad everything is working now :D I found a few errors on the RPT which shouldn't affect anyone (because you are running -nologs right?) but it still shows it needs some fixing up. I will probably fix those final few things and call it finished :)

Before in high speed the nose would lift out of the water quite some way. Now I wouldn't use high speed and just stuck to low or normal. However, now in normal speed the nose lifts out of the water by quite a way too. Is there any way I can reduce the speed of normal down a little, because low speed is too low. Or could it be took down some. Its the large hovercraft I'm talking about.

Just wondered.. :)

To be honest, I'm really not sure what makes it rise out of the water in the way that it does. Perhaps all boats do that and it is more noticeable on the Zubr? Not really sure how to change that behavior.

To be honest, I'm really not sure what makes it rise out of the water in the way that it does. Perhaps all boats do that and it is more noticeable on the Zubr? Not really sure how to change that behavior.

Yeah, doesn't matter, its great anyway. :)

I don't know. Is anyone making one?

It was ported and finished by Burnes/Gamedev Byrne more than a year ago.

Maybe you can still find it on armaholic or his release thread here on the BI forums.