Sign in to follow this  
NIKO MY CUZIN

Missions/Campaigns to enjoy OA 1.60 the best way?

I bought ARMA 2 and OA, after coming from OFP which I loved. I love the graphics of ARMA2 but I find the missions / SP missions are not upto par. So i've not really experienced what ARMA:OA has to offer.

What are some good campaigns or SP missions for OA? I did have a mod which generated random battles with random units, but there was not really any end-game. Maybe I should re-try this with patch 1.60?

Outside of me trying to make some basic missions in the editor, i'm not sure what else to do with this game :(

Edited by NIKO MY CUZIN

a) Did you try CWR2 yet?

b) What about community made campaigns found at armaholic?

Thanks for the suggestions,

I like mainly infantry scenarios. Not too fussed with tanks or vehicles (unless they are supporting or inserting). Was hoping for suggestions before I hit Armaholic! What with addon mix-matches and generally 'poor' ones, I thought i'd get the scoop first :)

Silly question. I have a retail disc of ARMA OA. Can I buy the disc of 'Reinforcements' and add it to my game? Just wondering how merging the DLC with the base game works. thanks

My advice would be A2 or A2F and DLC separate from sprocket.

To get RFT doesnt make sense if you already have OA.

Unless you want to give your OA copy a friend. ;)

Yes, first you should by arma 2 and install together with OA becose most of addons/mods/campaigns/missions need now Arma 2 CO-you will have baf/pmc-dlc too, but lite version without campaigns/mission and in low textures. But when you have CO you can play in all missions/campaigns downloaded from armaholic.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

RFT is Baf and PMC dlc and OA lite: units and islands but without campaigns and missions from OA.

Thanks for the info, I got BAF on Sprocket, nice easily integration. Not too fussed about PMC, I enjoy the grunts :D

The garrison mission is so hard, f*** that M113 :D

It's hard to get mission recommendations because mostly people would recommend their own missions :)

As you can see, most missions that are posted do not have a ton of feedback.

Additionally, if you're looking for single player only, your selection is much much less varied, as most seem to create missions for multiplayer.

I wish my experience with Chasing Grim Reaper didn't start with those horrible American accents and with soldiers calling themselves "Marines." What is this, Call of Duty writing?

I wish my experience with Chasing Grim Reaper didn't start with those horrible American accents and with soldiers calling themselves "Marines." What is this, Call of Duty writing?

Come on now, that's not fair. ;)

It's a user made mission pack, that a fan made for free in his spare time so people could enjoy it. When you consider that, it's pretty impressive!

In response to the OP though, I actually found the BAF storyline to be pretty enjoyable! PMC and Eagle Wing are both shockingly high quality and enjoyable, too. I know it's rare for someone to recommend the pre-installed missions in a simulator, but there you go :D

Don't let your experience get degraded by such small details. The campaign really is a great piece of work and absolutely worthy to be played!

So I ended up buying Arma 2 again! (I bought it on release, but sold it due to my old PC running it like crap).

So now I have a2, OA, and BAF :D

Couldn't play Grim reaper without ARMA, now i can!

I made the CGR campaign to focus more on the actionful missions than story/characters (also keeping amount of dialog lower to find actors), with the small map its not also easy to make all that realistic. In real-life, the setting would have been a walk in park for americans. Making things more fictional helped to make it more challening. So I agree that the story could feel partly like "Call of Duty" (the game serie that I dont like). Its not a perfect campaign, I still dont like the first mission, but I am quite happy especially with the 4th and 5th mission.

btw. I was planning to make an addon version with USMC by Binkowski and some other addons, but cant stop working on new SP mission for Chernarus. I hope to improve my story-writing skills for that. ;)

Edited by SaOk

I made the CGR campaign to focus more on the actionful missions than story/characters (also keeping amount of dialog lower to find actors), with the small map its not also easy to make all that realistic. In real-life, the setting would have been a walk in park for americans. Making things more fictional helped to make it more challening. So I agree that the story could feel partly like "Call of Duty" (the game serie that I dont like). Its not a perfect campaign, I still dont like the first mission, but I am quite happy especially with the 4th and 5th mission.

btw. I was planning to make an addon version with USMC by Binkowski and some other addons, but cant stop working on new SP mission for Chernarus. I hope to improve my story-writing skills for that. ;)

Don't worry mate your campaign is awesome. You can never satisfy everybody. Whatever you are going to do, there will be always people who criticizes what you've done . . . no matter what.

Keep it up SaOk. Your missions are enjoyable and of high quality no matter what people say.

@ Lauxman

If you don't like it don't play it. There's plenty of stuff to try out. I don't know if you are into editing of missions or campaigns. in case you are . . . then should know how much effort it takes to create a campaign in your free time. No pun intended.

One of the best ways to enjoy OA is to do so in multiplayer, I think. That's where all the content goes. Chasing Grim Reaper and For the Life of a Friend are both incredibly well-done campaigns if you're looking for a singleplayer experience. I recommend downloading ACEX_SM (The ACE soundmod, works without ACE) and WarFX if you want the game to have a bit more umph behind it.

For the Life of a Friend
Thanks for recommending it! :) Just to answer to a small detail - it's a single SP mission instead of a campaign with many missions (but yes, it has many objectives :) ). Edited by Undeceived

most fun i had with

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?116308-The-Forgotten-Few-SP-Dynamic-Campaign-Released!

lot of aktion and fun i think

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121258-SP-For-The-Life-Of-A-Friend

is nice too but little to short

and these rejenorst guy makes great missions

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?107240-Rejenorst-s-Missions-SP-MP-COOP

operation cobalt is a nice campaign with very good missions

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9010

chesty puller is very good too

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7599

some bigger aktion missions

all of these missions or campaigns you can play without addons and they works very good

and here are a special one

where you can set up your war by yourselve

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11463

its called advancing power and this i use when i like to enjoy arma in 2 minutes from start