Sign in to follow this  
marty6

Need some help ... got stuck

Hi,

I need some help with my dedicated server. I'm interested in finding a coop 1-5 player maps that are either single missions and/or campaigns. If anyone could point me to a mission(s) and how to load it up, I would appreciate it. I have some friends who are interested in learning on 'how to play', so I figured on running a lan server and start playing. I've made some previous postings a while back, but just didn't have the time to get anything started.

I may have a lot of questions later.

Thanks,

marty6

Update:

Well, I got a program called TA2DST and dl'd a coop mission called "Assassin.Takistan" which is for Arma2 OA. I put the mission in the MPMission folder. I got the parameters for the game set in the TA2DST program. I got the mp dedicated server to start. However, when I get into the game and go to the mp screen I see my server, but there is no "type" or "mission" there. All I get when I type my pw in is "Wait for Host" and then I wait for a long time for nothing to happen? Can anybody help?

Thx.

2nd Update:

Got it to work. Had to enable Battleeye on the TA2DST and update battleeye. Joined the game right up.

3rd update:

Ok. MP works greats. I'm getting between 45 and 55 fps. Ofc the server is on a lan and it's right next to my main rig. However, my friend connected and is getting around 8 fps. Is there a fix for this? Server side or player side?

Thx.

Edited by marty6
Update

Hijacking!

I am basically doing the same thing, but I am running the CO dedi from the same installation as I play it from. Launching dedi thru TA2DST and when I launch the actual game from steam and try to connect I get stuck in the "Wait for Host". Enabling BE did not help.

I also tried without TA2DST and I also tried copying all A2 files to elsewhere and running the dedi from there but I always get stuck on the wait for host.

Any tips?

Edit1: Got it to work with takistani mission so I suppose i have configured the CO stuff wrong...

Edited by Atkins