Sign in to follow this  
matteo1944

New WW1 Island

DOWNLOAD

-First of all I would like to thanks Prof Tournesol for his great WW1 Mod,and his permission to use his addons on my island...

-It will have:

-No mans land

-Battle torn city

-fields

-river with crossings

If you have any more ideas,feel free to send me PM...

-I'll post more screenshots later!

No mans land

trench1.jpg

trench2q.jpg

Hill on a small island

hill300.jpg

One out of six river crossings

crossing1.jpg

In case that pics wont open,go to these links:

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7480/trench2q.jpg

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6982/hill300.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/976/crossing1.jpg

Edited by Matteo1944
BETA RELAESE

I like how desolate the no mans land looks, imagine having to live there for years :)

Atm...

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

I had to end it ASAP,but school is in 1st place...

Ah I meant in a good way, you know ww1 battlefeilds are desolate places.

I got it later... But if you have any requests just say it

Edited by Matteo1944

I will release beta tomorow,but I need anyones help!!! how to change these settings so you can see how models really look?

<SimpleLOD>200</SimpleLOD>

<DetailLOD>100</DetailLOD>

<Version>2</Version>

<RealLOD>12</RealLOD>

<DetailTextureLOD>50</DetailTextureLOD>

hi,

I just gave it a quick go and the first thing I did (when I saw that island covered the entire map) was to check if the island has an ammo bug at [0,0,0]. And guess what? There's an ammo bug at [0,0,0] :(. I suspect that when an island has land at [0,0,0] (afghaneveron, Chernobyl) the ammobug appears. I suggest you to remove the land at [0,0,0] and replace it by sea.

This bug really kills performance and you can do what you want (better texture, less objects...) the island will never run smoothy, especially in MP where this bug is multiplicate by the number of computers connected.

Pics are always better than words:

mini_706055ww1islandammobug.jpg

Here's a demo to easily reproduce the bug: DEMO LINK

Overall the island looks nice but it's very early beta so I can't really judge. Maybe a bit more hills with plateau to be able to build fortified positions at top of it. Your idea to use low poly kogujev's trees is a good idea (for performance and desolation feeling). Dark textures for the ground give a good atmospher to the island, it looks dirty (in a good way).

For the trench, why not directly build them in to the ground as part of the island like you did with your river with crossing but in smaller scale. Like that it's AI friendly, you can add sand bags and fortifications, MG nest and so on. It could solve your problem without using too much objects. If you build enough trenches in your island people could have a real ww1 battlefield feeling.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

Thanks for your bug fix,I planned to fix it yesterday but my monitor keeps on shutting down,i'll post news later when I get myself new one!!!!

It seems ok for me... i went to 0,0,0 but nothing is there...

-And for those trenches...I already did that,but it doesn't look very nice(it looks like glacier came through there,or very bad riverbed... Prof Tournesol told me a way but it creates huge lag,and map would me 50%,or more smaller! but i'll do stg about trenches!

Matteo1944

Edited by Matteo1944

hi,

It seems ok for me... i went to 0,0,0 but nothing is there...

Matteo1944

I uploaded a picture and a demo... Did you had a look at it by any chance? Maybe you should give it a try to be able to reproduce the bug. :)

cya.

Nikiller.

I'll just place water there...and one of my friends will make trench pack addon,cause your sugesstion weren't so good(it is good in theory),once more thank you for noticing that bug...