Sign in to follow this  
BlueWolf

Arma2 Gamekillers ..elaborate

Hello Sir, I am a big fan of the Codemasters series OF games Dragon Rising & Red River

you all are doing a great job in developing Arma2 keep it up.

Shit i spread my tea on my keyboard.

I am sure that statement might be better enjoyed in the pretty much defunct Codemaster forums. Maybe not, the devs never visit there either. You sir have not secured a place of serious believability here.

has been a long time not playing Arma2 vanilla, but I thing you can hold right mose button to steady your aim

and I have a lot of fun even playing alone

watch me :p

mI-96TroELE

NGIOm6HKS9w

hkc0KiNeDnw

zEo63NszQQc

not spam LOL

The game has it's ups and downs. I have put 5 rounds in a guy (including head shots), he gets up runs 10m, turns, fires and I'm dead. Other times I clearly see my shot hit the dirt and the guy goes down. Staying prone and still for a little bit can steady your shot. Holding right mouse button for too long can make your sites bob as you become winded. I have hidden from troops and armor in grass and bushes and had them go right past me, the trick is to not move. In the game it seems as in real life the eyes detect movement. If you are out in a field on the ground and you move the grass around you is going to move you can then be detected. Distance is important when aiming, the right weapon for the right job. Suppression fire works fine. I can shoot through trees, grass and bushes and hit the enemy when I know where they are behind it, they can do the same to me. A 50Cal rifle can shoot through some objects that an AK can't..I like that.

Just remember you will not convince the purist here that the game should be played for anything other than what they think it should be played as. Best to just ignore them. It is a game and like most games it has its good and bad points, nothing is ever perfect. There are ways around some issues some there are not, best to just decide what works for you. What you can live with and can't live with, then adapt as needed. I wouldn't say the things you brought up are game killer, annoying maybe and a real bummer when you die because of it but all in all it is still the best game out there.

Have fun and enjoy. :)

Fun for you = shooting with 100% accuracy while feeling no regard for your virtual life whatsoever.

ArmA fun = having to deal with actual stress and having actual difficulty shooting

This isn't battlefield.

Hello Sir, I am a big fan of the Codemasters series OF games Dragon Rising & Red River

you all are doing a great job in developing Arma2 keep it up.

EkibO.jpg

Hmmmm I've not seen too much of AI suppression. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place :)
No i think your correct, i havent seen much if any real suppression for a few beta patches...? OT, but this thread needs to be derailed...

AI suppression effects have never changed, so far as I know.

Weapon shake, low rate of fire. Since 1.0

As for AI suppressing things, you can't really tell the difference between suppressive fire and fire for effect when the engine rarely gives the AI anything but exact information about a target.