Sign in to follow this  
ericfr

Mana.log Report

Suma from CIT

That said, we have started a development of a memory tracking tool tied to a specially crafted custom allocator today which will allow anyone to do either a recording of all the allocation in the game session or a snapshot of its current state and to send it to us for analysis.

First version of the tool is ready for testing. Instructions attached in the archive.

What I would like to receive now:

- one mana.log taken during the game start (as soon as possible). This dump should be very small and its only purpose is to verify everything is working fine, and if not, to have a dump which can be debugged easily

- second mana.log taken when a memory usage seems normal (e.g. right after the Warfare mission has started)

- third mana.log taken when the memory usage seems abnormal (what is described in this issue). If everything goes well, this third dump should give us some insight about the issue

Note: the tool should work with any game version supporting custom allocators, including 1.60 stable. I think even if the issue is considered resolved, it could be interesting to make a dump with older game build with the issue not resolved yet.

https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/16440/Manalog.zip

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Some trouble,

Run Arma2Co Windowed, Manalog.dll in the Dll folder.

Analyze freezes the game and Mana.log is empty ?

Ok my bad too big can't open with Txt.

Edited by EricFr

Note: Mana.log is a binary file, and usually it is quite large. It contains no data which could be understood by a human, it needs to be processed at our side first, using the debugging information.

Are any and all logs appreciated, or is it just a waste of time if the game is working well anyway?

Are any and all logs appreciated, or is it just a waste of time if the game is working well anyway?

Now the basic functionality is confirmed, there is no need to send any more logs from a game is working normally. If you ever encounter a situation where you suspect a memory leak, or find a surprisingly high memory usage, and you are able to create a mana.log of it, be sure to send it.

Functionality confirmed, I am able to analyze this fine.

Awesome!

I suppose packing it with zip, rar or 7z before uploading would save a lot of space, and time to upload and download ;-)

A significantly improved version will be available today, with some preprocessing done on logs, reducing the log size 10x.

Is this tool only good for memory leaks ? Or can it be use to send back information on Server CPU load balance problems... I noticed that the bottleneck likes to move to different CPU's even though the mission has not changed...(it moves after the mission is restarted)

If not, I will keep an eye out on the server for memory leaks.... Thanks