Sign in to follow this  
DrakeTungsten

Fix for Kegetys Smith And Wesson Revolvers?

I'm (very) late to the OFP party, and I'm trying out the FDF mod on CWA. Somewhere (I forgot where - the FDF site?) said that the Smith And Wesson Revolver mod is needed for some FDF missions. I have installed all of the FDF recommended addons, including the revolver addon. I start the first mission in the FDF campaign and I get a message saying "cannot load mission - missing required addon KEGsw66". I click to dismiss that message, and then get another message saying the same thing about KEGsw44m.

I googled this problem and and it appears that the addon is known to be broken, but for a supposedly required component for a popular mod, I'm surprised that I can't find any patches or instructions for fixing it. I found one guy who posted a fix for it a long time ago, but the link is dead.

I have tried using the addon in both the root AddOns directory and also the Addons subdirectory of the finmod folder, but I have the same problem either way. Can anybody help?

You can download the addon at ofpr.info.

If Link doesn't work for you, simply search for 'Kegetys'.

I thought I was clear that I already had the add-on, and in fact I had tried different installation directories for it. What I am asking for is a patch/fix instructions, or a workaround to avoid these errors which the author himself has acknowledged are an issue with the add-on.

On the off chance your link was a fixed version, I DL'ed it, and it has the exact same files (I ran a diff on them) which are known to be broken.

@DrakeTungsten

Are you using latest version of FDF mod (1.4)?

Icarus

Thanks very much, but the link says that the file is not currently available and to try again later. I will certainly do that, but can I ask you to verify that it's uploaded correctly?

Hmm maybe it takes a while to upload properly I don't know if its still like that tommorow I will have another stab at it.

Downloaded and it worked for me. Thanks again.

Now that the revolvers are fixed, I get message about not being able to load a mission because fdf_worlds is missing when I start the FDF campaign, but the first mission starts anyway. I then loaded each individual mission in FDF and played them for a minute to test them out, and they did all start and play, even though a few of them gave the message "cannot load mission, missing something-or-other,-depends-on-the-mission" at the beginning (but oddly enough, none of the messages from the individual missions said they were missing fdf_worlds).

Should I be concerned about these "cannot load mission" messages? The missions do load and play (at the least for the minute or two I tried them for). Is it possible that whetever these messages are complaining about will be a problem later on in the mission?

Yeah I got that too I don't think its anything to worry about though.

Hey Mr Moon! Could You reupload the fixed version of Keg's pack? I'd be grateful!