Sign in to follow this  
Guest Titanium

What is your perfect island dream?

Guest Titanium

Well, I've recently been learning how to use wrpedit and other programs for OFP Islands. I want to make one but I'm not sure what people actually want. So, I ask all of you, describe for me your perfect island.

Note* Please do not move this post Addons/Mods because I'm not asking on how to make it, I just want to know what everyone would want.

valley, and mountains. not just a big mountain in Kolgujev, but some vallleys like Grand Canyon could be fun.

rivers. no question about it.

don't forget airports and harbors.

if you are making terrains more fun for many TDM players, how about symmetric places?

like center could either be mountains or a big plain, and entrance to each side could be either valleys or a narrow straight.(kinda reminds me of Big game hunter map from starwars)

Bit more rolling terrain, smaller hills all over the place, so you can lie prone and still have some cover in the open. Smaller tighter valleys with not just rivers, but smaller brooks, creeks etc. Tall grass (don't know how possible that one is) Small groves of trees.

COLINMAN

i want some rivers,large, large, large mountains (2-3), airport, helipark, much roads, few lakes, no sea, "bridge", little mountains (Colinman idea) and great ambush places, oh and few forests, two, but big cities...

Acidwarrior biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest Titanium

just for a quick start, how do you like this so far? This is almost very beginning of island production, its not even into wrpedit yet.

Island_1235.JPG

Guest Titanium

Im gonna flatten parts, add things, remove stuff. This is just the very beginning. Feel free to copy that pic, go into ms paint of something and select waht you want me to change.

Guest Titanium

~10000 KM2?

looks mighty fine!

could you please add some valleys?(just my wish)

how about the top left island(small one) moved to top center, near delta area where water flows in and out?

and some small ones with pain in the middle,,from what i see it seems like they are all formed by vocanic activity, with center being the highest

a very large island

a radar site, and a decent harbor, and some large airfield with airplane bunkers a higway or railroad

(dreaming)

Guest Titanium

lol, somehow when i was changing stuff, a huge spike in the ground appeared. like 1000 feet up spike. Its gonna take me a lil to redo this. I tried to fix it, but no luck.

Guest Titanium

dammit, im not able to redo it! crap damn crap! Gotta get some reserch to see if i can fix it.... SON OF A! Now the file wont even open! Guess its back to the drawing board. Ill get working on a new island a.s.a.p.

Guest Titanium

wow, lucky break. I was able to reverse the process and get the island back. Now i have to try again to fix that spike.

pretty much what everyone else mentioned, at least 2 airports/airbases, and maybe a small dirt airstrip for resistance/civilian, villiages/cities that actually look like people live in them

the spike might be unavoidable confused.gif there's a large one on one of the corners of malden that you can fly through

Guest Titanium

i noticed that one in malden. I thought it was fixed? But anyway. I don't want the spike there, even if it takes me a long time to redo it all.

I'd like the island to be very heavy on the forests, possibly with dirt roads all the over place (going through the forests). Bases, small and large, surrounded by forest (like the kolgujev one) would be good, same thing with the airstrips. How about some forests with holes in them like they did in vietnam for makeshift LZ's, that'd be pretty cool for last stands and stuff. One or two big mountains but some flats as well. A few small islands around the place for the amphib missions. A mountain road would kick ass wow.gif A river would be alright i suppose.

I gotta go along with the ideas previously posted about valleys, hills and airports.

I'd like to second the votes on rivers too...I can envision some cool PBR missions. Running gunboat battles, insertions, extractions etc. Indigenous folks with rafts or other personal watercraft... Not to mention crossing a river with infantry during an assault (or retreat) could add a new dimension.

Guest Titanium

Alright, that spike is now flat. ( Thanks to Hudson of the radishville squad) Do anyone do me a big favor and perhaps tell me where on the map you would like to see the aiports? Like I said, copy that pic, put it in ms paint, show me what ya want smile.gif

I think an airport should be on a coast. It would be more likely in the real world on a small island, and if you orient the runway pointing to sea, it makes for easier take-offs and landings.

Guest Titanium

Hows this:

Terrain_edit.JPG

I hate disappoint you but the island(s) may look good in Terragen but when you open it in Wilbur most of the grey area is sea (Terragen doesn't show the island heights what they will be in WrpEdit). Just a small warning for you if you didn't know it already. And please not bigger forests than BIS made because they will lag like hell. And finally do NOT make the terrain very smooth (i mean smooth and high hills that raise fast) because the more smooth it is the more it lags (this can be seen clearly on Everon near the castle).

Guest Titanium

Once i get it into wilbur, yes they dont look like they do now. But when i put it into wrpedit change the depth,sea/ and height levels. It looks just as it does now.

Guest Titanium

this is wilbur :

Wilbur.jpg

this is wrpedit:

WRP.JPG