Sign in to follow this  
MajorMirth

Training Mission E08 Tank Tutorial Problem

Hi all, wondering if you could help me out with a problem.

Everything in the tutorial works fine up until I have to take out 3 trucks with the HE rounds. After I do that, the tutorial wants me to switch to the machine gun by pressing the "F" key. After I switch to the machine gun, nothing happens, it's like the game doesn't recognize that I've switched weapons. The tank doesn't move to the next waypoint, and I'm forced to exit the tutorial.

I've tried to replay it 7 times, and each time the same problem happens. The weapon is switching properly, it's just the tutorial doesn't seem to recognize it.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Yes the mission is broken in 1.60. You need for BI to fix it unfortunately.

The reason is they changed the weapon (class) name of the tank and the mission still

checks for the old name:

.\ca\missions_e\bootcamp\TE08_Armor.Takistan\mission_flow_1_gunner.sqf

L290: BIS_AdvHints_HideCond = "currentWeapon BIS_Armor == 'M240_veh'";

While it must be now:

BIS_AdvHints_HideCond = "currentWeapon BIS_Armor == 'M240BC_veh'";

I also have this problem.

I sent a mail to BI support and they replied saying that they have played through the tutorial and there is no problem :(

i have pointed them to this thread. so hopefully they will fix it...

Same problem here as well, just bought the game and thought I was missing something.

in addition I am using the 1.60 patch not the beta patch noted in the above ticket

.\ca\missions_e\bootcamp\TE08_Armor.Takistan\missi on_flow_1_gunner.sqf

What should I do if the "TE08_Armor.Takistan" folder contains no similar files, it contains weapons.cfg only? I have failed to find *_gunner.sqf* in all of my storage drives file also. I can play further without this tutorial mission, but it is much better to have it fixed.

Thank you in advance.

Same exactly problem. Even tryed to find the supposed file for the fix, no vail.

Exactly the same here.

[edit] Modifying the file as per above fixes the issue. For previous posters wanting to know how to do this:

1. Install PBO Manager
  2. Find the file missions_e.pbo in the folder \arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\Addons, make a backup, as well as a copy to work with somewhere
  3. Extract the file using PBO Manager (right click, PBO manager has an explorer context-sensitive menu).
  4. You will now have a folder called missions_e, inside this, navigate to the folder \bootcamp\TE08_Armor.Takistan
  5. Using notepad, open the file mission_flow_1_gunner.sqf, about 80% of the way down find the line
    BIS_AdvHints_HideCond = "currentWeapon BIS_Armor == 'M240_veh'";

and change it to

BIS_AdvHints_HideCond = "currentWeapon BIS_Armor == 'M240BC_veh'";

6. Save the file
  7. Using PBO manager, package the folder back into missions_e.pbo
  8. Copy the modded pbo into your Addons folder and enjoy.

Edited by Jimmah