Sign in to follow this  
JSparks819

ARMA 3 on consoles

Not surprising, the consoles went AMD. :p

Amd has a few cpu's with reasonable singlethreaded performance. The jaguar isn't one of them unfortunately. Power use and cost probably required it.

Well Pc's have Track Ir, voice command activation and mind blowing eye candy, they also can be setup to ones liking, maybe you should reconsider being a console gamer and take the leap of faith (€$£¥) financially that's is, you won't be disappointed if you put the time in to learning Arma. I find all other game environments small and on rails bar DCS Warthog. Good luck and don't expect to see it on a console anytime soon.

I respect the fact that a lot of posters in here want BIS to maintain the integrity of the game, but I just can't see how it would hurt the PC experience.

It wouldn't be such a big problem IF they code it for the PC as the standard, and dumbed it down for consoles, BUT usually it works the other way around; the console is the standard and the PC users get stuck with simplified controls and graphics designed for the consoles. That, in a word, SUCKS. They couldn't even keep the Battlefield or Elderscroll series intact. Screwed them both to hell n gone.

I'm only saying that PC users stick a LOT of cash into high end, screaming machines, and we deserve to have a few titles made for us that PUSH the envelope, not place limits on it.

Well, I can understand what the guy is saying, because it would bring a lot more people in. Unfortunately, consoles are no where near capable of running any of the Armas. Get a computer, bud. You'll be much happier.

Well, I can understand what the guy is saying, because it would bring a lot more people in. Unfortunately, consoles are no where near capable of running any of the Armas. Get a computer, bud. You'll be much happier.

More people is not always a good thing. Look at battlefield these days, they set the default layout to cod controls. A lot of games these days are becoming more like a single game with many slightly different interpretations of it. Games copying games for the sake of making more money is not something we need.

Hmm, add extra work to port the game on consoles where you have no presence and no such game can sell "sky high" or dedicate your time and resources to improve current version and make it closer to your ideals. Dilemmas, dilemmas...

While I do think the next generation can run Arma 3 the control limitations would probably be to big, the game uses almost all keys on the keyboard.

However Im curious at steammachines as they are supposed to run steam games.

Don't think they'll run that well. BF is 720p/900p, CoD is only 720 on XO. Probably with scripted and limited AI and smaller maps to make it playable, but it will stand no chance compared to other bigger names out there.

Would be nice if they could at least give us a full game here on the PC before they go wandering off to do console games or ios games or android games....