Sign in to follow this  
VectorX96

F-14D Super Tomcat

Do you have a config file in usn_pilot.pbo?

to solve this one:

Updating base class AV8B2->Plane, by tomcat\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AV8B/

you need to add CAAir to your required addons in the cfgPatches section of your config.

@Franze

Yes but its not the true config for the units, its just a place holder pretty much.

@wld427

Thanks, i'll test it out.

@Franze

Yes but its not the true config for the units, its just a place holder pretty much.

If you've got it in there, my guess is it's getting the config in your art PBO confused with the configs for CO/A2. Try taking it out and see what you get.

Ok thanks, i was actually thinking of doing that at first but i just left it in there for the hec of it.

@islesfan186

Ok

@wld427

Still no luck it doesnt work, even with CAAir added in cfgPatches

Of course i have, i tinkered with it this morning and ended up not having it all just like so many others, well at least i know what part of the config is causing it to act this way.

-------------------------------------------

2hrs Later:

Ok guy's it believe it's working now, but the only problem is what VirusLIVED reported on Armaholic. The AV8B LGB isn't missing however its still in the USMC->Air section only difference is the F-14D Super Tomcat(Multi-Role unit) has changed it's name to "AV8B LGB" other than this, i haven't seen any other problems yet.

Edited by VectorX96

Two suggestions if i may:

- Any chance of the old texture coming back and being used on future updates? (IMHO opinion the afformentioned texture looked far better than the new, bluish-gray one).

-And secondly, the canopy's glass looks very "boxy" (probably not the right term), but you can see the edges of every polygon used for making it. Pretty sure i read in another thread a while back its because of the way you set up the transparency, whether it's a flat surface or a curved one.

Nonetheless, the most recent version has a pretty good looking Jolly Roger, so kudos on that one :D

1. No you just might not see that texture again, it doesn't fit current UV mapping, and i didn't create it for one, i had a friend make it.

2. I know this and i was trying to fix it before release and just couldn't figure out how so left it be, but your recent advice might help me achieve this, thank you.

Thank you it took me a while to make that specific texture, but the body for the overall plane could have used more wear and tear, i'm just not that good at texturing yet.

Not really i'm still editing to see what the the problem is in the config, which is causing it not to show up.

Ok guys i finally got the problem fixed. Thanks to Gnat for pointing out the error of my ways, the girls can now be seen in the editor. Also a great thanks to my tester's islesfan186, and Zirkle. I'll release an update fixing the problem before, on, or after Saturday. I want to add some things to actually make it an update like shadow volume.

v1.25 released on Armaholic. Fixes the bugs and a few changes and additions.

@Kremator

Thanks mate

@Everyone

Guys.......its been quiet...to quiet...

SO let me enlighten you with a small update..

I haven't worked on much except the textures and making it look good, ive also got a friend helping add wear and tear to the plane. But i have created (reworked) a texture for VF-11 Red Rippers. It looks nice but there's this one B****y problem. Small problem, i'll knock it out in a less then a second. But here are pics of the Plane. Oh and also i added a user action so that the radome can go up and down. So mission makers can give it a bit of an maintenance look in missions.

arma2OA_2012_04_01_17_29_28_877.jpg

arma2OA_2012_04_01_17_28_25_621.jpg

arma2OA_2012_04_01_17_28_14_395.jpg

Edited by VectorX96

Another little peak into the reworked textures that will be coming. Trying to take some of that new paint look away!

VectorX96 and I are working on bringing out the details on the frame and giving it a more worn look. For now the only visible changes are under the cockpit. It's still a little rough but we wanted to show you guys where we are hopefully headed with some of this.

U6jo9.jpg

Edited by Zirkle

Hi Vector.

Are you using this type of thing in your config? ;

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2","camo3"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\ca\tracked\data\zsu_01_co.paa","\ca\tracked\data\zsu_02_co.paa","\ca\tracked\data\zsu_03_co.paa"};

This would allows users to make their own textures and assign them, via script, to your Tomcat, without having to open your PBO.

If you havn't, are interested, but need help, let me know.

Cheers.

Great work BTW !

Yeah Gnat I am. Its just that no one seems to have looked in the liveries folder that comes with the add-on that has a setup telling you what to do and giving a texture to rework. But can you help me out mate? I know how to set the main body texture, but how do i get another set to the same. Like in-game i can set camo1 to VF-103 jollyrogers, but i want to set camo2 (pylons) to a different color like a light gray to make the whole thing look right. I know there's a way but i cant remember for the life of me what the line was.

Not sure I understand.

Per the sample code, you can set multiple, different camo's, so long as each is different and assigned to a different named section on the plane.

The camo1 camo2 camo3 etc just has to appear in hiddenSelections and in the "sections" part of your MODEL.CFG

Vector,

Just doing some testing with this aircraft, and my report file spits out these errors:

Error in expression <maxspeed = 1563;
_plane = _this;
_plane animate ["abswitch",1];
sleep 0.1;

_lef>
 Error position: <animate ["abswitch",1];
sleep 0.1;

_lef>
 Error animate: Type Array, expected Object
File Tomcat\scripts\afterburner.sqf, line 14
Error in expression <","_lemmiters","_remmiters"];

_v=_this select 0;

sleep (0.1 + random 0.2);

_t>
 Error position: <select 0;

sleep (0.1 + random 0.2);

_t>
 Error select: Type Object, expected Array,Config entry
File Tomcat\scripts\aircraftvapour.sqf, line 17
Array index out of range

Still testing to see how this performs in my WIP AI Carrier Flight Operations scripts.

Thank You

The Aircraft vapour error is known of to me. However i never knew i had a problem with the afterburner script. Thanks for bringing it up.

This bird is a must have!

And seeing that you're working on the textures is makeing it even better. Question though: could you consider adding a version with an older type of sidewinder? and some more of these colorfull liveries?

thanks for this wonderfull plane! I found myself staring at it for almost an hour constantly hearing this dreadfull 'dangerzone' song in my head :D