Sign in to follow this  
VectorX96

F-14D Super Tomcat

This is what I found while making my script.

JDog uses an event handler, LandedTouchDown to activate the arrestor script on the Nimitz. LandedTouchDown is triggered when a plane (AI or player) touches the ground. The problem is, the Nimitz has only very few positions which are considered "ground".

To test, I put multiple markers around the deck. You can check their positions in the mission.sqm. Only those on the elevators or catapults returned a "ground" position for elevation. The rest were 0 or negative numbers for elevation.

While testing with the AI, I put a hint at the beginning of JDog's arrest script, and it was only triggered when the plane was on the catapult or elevator.

This may be what has added to your problems also.

Oh that makes perfect sense, also what did you mean darts off to the left?

Your F-14 AI plane will touch down and stop immediately at the first arrestor point, it then bolts immediately left towards the ocean instead of continuing straight down the runway pulling the arrestor wire with it. There is smoke coming from the plane.

Meatball's F-18 will land as expected, but at the point I have scripted for the plane to wait and raise the tailhook to release the wire, it bolts to the left and over the side of the Nimitz.

Only your plane and Meatball's do this. It's almost like the pilots freak.

I tried scripting the pilot to disableAI "FSM", disableAI "MOVE", and also the plane, but nothing so far.

I dont know why it does this, it does the same when i have an AI grouped with me like i tell him to get in the plane and he walks off the ship, in a way this is the same scenario, it must be the Nimitz its self might had to ask JDog what the problem is, i have no true control over what the AI do, but something like the tailhook i might be able to fix.

That is interesting. I wonder if it has to do with the "ground" problem I posted above. What if you are on the elevator?

The odd thing, is that it doesn't happen with any of the other planes I have tried. Both BIS and community mods...

I've had AI piloted script landings with IkaR's F-14, Myke's F-16, BIS AV-8B, C-130's, F-22 and F-35... I'm trying to test every plane I have in my inventory.

I will try more testing. I wonder if it has anything to do with the config of the weapons officer?

Edited by panther42

Ill see what i can do as well just might be a config problem, good luck on your end.

FYI ... years old problem if you weren't aware.

The "ground" on carriers isn't really ground. There are MULTIPLE problems this causes with multiple addons and script commands.

...... personnally I'm surprised JDog got it working as well as he did.

Careful to not waste too much time chasing your tail on that.

No chasing here Gnat, I've got the landing figured out for the AI... I just can't figure out what the difference in the model and cfg of the Tomcat and F-18 are that make them behave as they do.

just downloaded it today. the model is sweet. no issues landing on the nimitz either.

i couldnt find the thread about your naval aviator...are you gonna reskin the helmets so you have the jolly rogers paint scheme on the helmet?

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

ok ive disabled all my mods to try to troubleshoot the issue with ALSS and this. the only mods i have running are the F-14, CBA and GLT missilebox. when i go into the editor there is no tomcat available. only the USN fighterpilot. if i turn on ACE, the tomcat shows up. so im absolutely at a loss as to why i cant find it in the editor

@islesfan186

Yeah i'm planing an update for the pilots with a better helmet and the jolly rogers theme on them, really excited about it.

@islesfan186 & Trenchfeet

I don't know what to tell you guy's never encountered a problem like that. I tested it with ace and had no problem, turned it off and i had no problems, are you using CO, OA, or A2? Cause if anything its probably an OA, or CO add-on. I've never tested it on say on just ArmA 2 and only A2.

I'm using CO. It worked fine when I used ACE with multiple other mods running, but i wanted to figure out why the ALSS script wasn't working with the F-14 so I turned off all my mods except for the required ones to use the F-14 and when I'd go into the editor the only thing that showed up in the navy faction was the fighter pilot. I looked in empty and I couldn't find the F-14 there either. So I have no clue why it's not working. I'll mess with it more a little later to see if I can figure something out

On Armaholic i got two more guy's saying the same thing, i don't know whats going on. Are you getting like and "error...so and so"? then you go into the editor and its not there? Or do you get an error at all?

nope, no errors whatsoever. its wierd. the fighter pilot shows up but not the aircraft. theyre in the same modfolder so its not like i did that wrong. im gonna mess with it right now and see if maybe its linked to not having a certain other random add on.

EDIT:

ok so i turned on the required mods (F-14, CBA, and GLT missile box), no F-14 appears. then turned on ACE (just ACE, no ACEX, ACE_SM, ACE_RU or ACE_USNavy) and the tomcat appeared in the editor. its gotta be something to do with ACE.

Edited by islesfan186

I can't figure it out yet, I haven't tested with ACE. I am only running f-14, cba and GLT mods + beta w/wo and still no tomcat. I see the pilot. However if i use the pevious f14 version it appears. I'll keep looking

I can't figure it out yet, I haven't tested with ACE. I am only running f-14, cba and GLT mods + beta w/wo and still no tomcat. I see the pilot. However if i use the pevious f14 version it appears. I'll keep looking

Which are you Trenchfeet or Trenchfoot ...... the OFP legend?

HAIL the legend either way !! ;)

sorry i can't find where those are even when using the search function on my comp. im kind of a nube as far as computer stuff. the little stuff i do know how to do with this game is due to finding it on these forums :-/

Edited by islesfan186

Go to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local" then scroll down in local till you find your game whether it be ArmA 2 or ArmA 2 OA.

ok i found it....how do you want me to send it to you? I don't see anyway to attach a file via PM either. PM me your email address maybe?

Edited by islesfan186

disc based game. only one i bought offline was BAF and i got that off of sprocket. i emailed you my RPT file

Edited by islesfan186

Hey VectorX96 .rpt entries

=====================================================================

== G:\ArmA2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== G:\ArmA2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -window -ShowScriptErrors -world=empty -maxmem=2047 "-mod=G:\ArmA2\@Tomcat;G:\ArmA2\Expansion\beta;G:\ArmA2\Expansion\beta\Expansion;G:\ArmA2\PMC;G:\ArmA2\BAF;G:\ArmA2\@CBA"

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp:

Current time:

Version 1.60.90242

Conflicting addon USN_FP in 'usn_pilot_oa_config\', previous definition in 'usn_pilot\'

Updating base class AV8B2->Plane, by tomcat\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AV8B/

Gnat;2118656']Which are you Trenchfeet or Trenchfoot ...... the OFP legend?

HAIL the legend either way !! ;)

Yes Trenchfeet from OFP days, *hails back :notworthy:

Everyone is getting the same thing in their RPT files. Meaning there is a common error going around i just don't see what it is or what it could be.