CaptainBravo

Captain Bravo missions: PvP + Coop

-Psycho-;2112565']ok' date=' it did not work. You are packet the .bo in a wrong format!

I fixed it by myself (cause i know from 1.0 the needed island...) and start the mission.

What happens - *flop* a error message shown up on my screen. I close the game and open my .rpt. result:

Error in expression <KRON_TRGFlag=>
 Error position: <=>
 Error Allgemeiner Fehler in Ausdruck
Error in expression <Obj1 AND Obj2 AND Obj3 AND Obj4>
 Error position: <AND Obj2 AND Obj3 AND Obj4>
 Error and: Typ Objekt, erwartet Bool
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.'.
Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: Error: creating magazine  with scope=private

...you don't need 20 beta test players. Start one time the mission after you think you finished it. If you will do this you can notice that

a.) you can't start the mission

b.) the mission produce definitely errors by starting

Did you know the command #showscripterrors?! Use it!

No 3. chance for a test.

regards[/quote']

@Psycho: Let me clarify one thing upfront, I have ZERO tolerance for bad attitude and it seems you got plenty of it! I don't give a rat's behind how stressed, depressed the mission makes you feel, the world we live in is far from perfect. If bugs and errors make you unhappy then you should not be touching Arma series with a 10 ft pole! Between the different addons/mods/user missions not to mention setting up servers/team speak, you are bound to run into a mountain of bugs,errors and even a few .. crashes (gasp)

I am happy to fix any bugs reported but I don't give a poop about attitide. So as you have said my missions are *&£%& and making you lose sleep at night then I will give you a simple fix ... just do not download them, pure and simple. Thousands of missions on here to chose from.

Looking quickly at your complaints:

"I fixed it by myself (cause i know from 1.0 the needed island": The needed Island is a default BIS that comes with Arrowhead so not sure what you mean here?

"you can't start the mission": I have started teh mision just fine I know of at least 3 people who tested the mission and none reporting the no start (except for the missing addon in earlier version). Plus some users here do not seem to have same issues you having!

".pbo wrong format" and what format exactly is it supposed to be in???

".rpt error": If I stopped everytime there is an .rpt I will not be able to use half the user missions/addons out there. I am not bothered with .rpt unless it is something the breaks or degrades performance of the mission.

Make sure you have the required addons: Arma2 + Arrowhead + Private MIlitary Company + Latest ACE.

I make and share missions with community by choice as I enjoy. Your attitide I do not. So as I mentioned before if something is stressing you out, just move on!

@Green Ranger 1978: The minefield is a bit tough and you have to look for the mines which are visible. Also a tip, you might want to approach it later when it is daytime. I am just saying :)

@Spartan: With the dogs, you have to keep your distance from them (30 meters to be safe) otherwise they will smell the explosives on you. So observe and time your move. As for the priest objective, it is not a mandatory objective, only take him out if you really need the cash! The choise is yours sell your soul for a few $$$ :)

Edited by CaptainBravo

@Psycho: Let me clarify one thing upfront, I have ZERO tolerance for bad attitude and it seems you got plenty of it! I don't give a rat's behind how stressed, depressed the mission makes you feel, the world we live in is far from perfect. If bugs and errors make you unhappy then you should not be touching Arma series with a 10 ft pole! Between the different addons/mods/user missions not to mention setting up servers/team speak, you are bound to run into a mountain of bugs,errors and even a few .. crashes (gasp)

Zero tolerance for bad criticism? It give poisitive and negative of them. If you can't live with negative why you release missions there? If i build a mission without testing it, i play it by myself with comrades and do not release it.

"I fixed it by myself (cause i know from 1.0 the needed island": The needed Island is a default BIS that comes with Arrowhead so not sure what you mean here?

"you can't start the mission": I have started teh mision just fine I know of at least 3 people who tested the mission and none reporting the no start (except for the missing addon in earlier version). Plus some users here do not seem to have same issues you having!

".pbo wrong format" and what format exactly is it supposed to be in???

All the same problem... download your mission. Format is yourmissionname.pbo - but needed is yourmissionname.island.pbo. That have nothing to do with default bis island or whatever. It is simply wrong packet - a beginner bug.

If you do not rename the .pbo to this syntax they won't show up in cenario menu.

".rpt error": If I stopped everytime there is an .rpt I will not be able to use half the user missions/addons out there. I am not bothered with .rpt unless it is something the breks the mission or degrades the mission.

I do it so - if i found a error in .rpt that created from my mission i search and terminate this bug. Otherwise i do not release anything. Im be sure that every other player (you are included) get the same error in his .rpt. This have nothing to do with ace or any other - the errors are created by your mission. If you will use showscripterrors you can avoid them. And it will be more than a half of missions they do this. It's above 95% of crap. But is this your excuse? Other missions have errors so yours may also be faulty? Great attitude - quality looks different.

I make and share missions with community by choice as I enjoy. Your attitide I do not. Soas I mentioned before if something is stressing you out, just move on!

Dunno, that is what i do and what i told you. lol

Btw: I'm not stressed by your missions. I'm stressed by mission makers they release one bugged mission after the other without learning by it. And now you are stressed by my critism. I give you my honest feedback and you reject it and feel offened by me. I think you go the wrong way - you use the rose-colored glasses and tay your mission is good cause "errors are normal". Your opinion. ok.

regards

-Psycho-;2112930']Zero tolerance for bad criticism? It give poisitive and negative of them. If you can't live with negative why you release missions there? If i build a mission without testing it' date=' i play it by myself with comrades and do not release it.

All the same problem... download your mission. Format is [b']yourmissionname.pbo[/b] - but needed is yourmissionname.island.pbo. That have nothing to do with default bis island or whatever. It is simply wrong packet - a beginner bug.

If you do not rename the .pbo to this syntax they won't show up in cenario menu.

I do it so - if i found a error in .rpt that created from my mission i search and terminate this bug. Otherwise i do not release anything. Im be sure that every other player (you are included) get the same error in his .rpt. This have nothing to do with ace or any other - the errors are created by your mission. If you will use showscripterrors you can avoid them. And it will be more than a half of missions they do this. It's above 95% of crap. But is this your excuse? Other missions have errors so yours may also be faulty? Great attitude - quality looks different.

Dunno, that is what i do and what i told you. lol

Btw: I'm not stressed by your missions. I'm stressed by mission makers they release one bugged mission after the other without learning by it. And now you are stressed by my critism. I give you my honest feedback and you reject it and feel offened by me. I think you go the wrong way - you use the rose-colored glasses and tay your mission is good cause "errors are normal". Your opinion. ok.

regards

I am open for "constructive" criticism and feedback as long as it is done in constructive/polite manner.

With a little bit of search (it is a function on this site!) errors such as No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines and No entry '.scope' and Warning Message: No entry '.picture' are ACE related errors that some users experience (something to do with weapons) it has nothing to do with this mission and it does not break it.

Error in expression <KRON_TRGFlag=>

Error position: <=>

Error Allgemeiner Fehler in Ausdruck

FPDR

Played your's "Death before dishonor", it's first SP missions, that I've seen, that's really is for single player) A little bit to long to move between targets (especially when you die), but really hardcore. Thanks!