Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

Add some animals

I want birds and a blunder bust and Elmer Fudd sound takes.

(Edited by Thehamster at 9:49 pm on Nov. 14, 2001)

No I want sheep to catch a bullet......

Animals isn't a bad idea....make some rabbits to lung gernades at.

Wildlife would be nice. It would be nice to see the animals that make the noises. That is the dog that keeps barking, chickens, crows, song birds, etc.

I think the reason animals weren't included is because of decency. We would have loads of people making hunting missions with the editor which also would be entirely against the object of the game.

And TheHamster, I think you mean Elmer Fudd.  

(Edited by The Jub Jub Bird at 1:31 am on Nov. 14, 2001)

I agree that would be cool especially to go with all the sounds there are but it would end up causing the game to be kinda of skippy for ppl with slow computers.

Operation Flashpoint definitely needs animals. I mean, what are the Resistence people supposed to eat? Rocks are hard to chew.

And, I want to be able to make a cutscene where you see some deer calmly munching on grass. Then you hear some muted explosions, miles away, perhaps. The deer pause, and look up (with their ears twitching). Then an armored vehicle (damaged and smoking) roars out of the woods, along with some infantry. The deer scatter. Two choppers approach, obviously in hot persuit (with guns blazing).

Oversoul -

I like that scene. And then after when the forest is burning from the aforementioned firefight we can't get a shot of a little baby deer running through the forest calling 'Mommy, mommy" and pan to Bambi's dead mum being dragged back to camp for a hearty meal....

give me a break...

Hunting fluffy bunnies with a Vulcan would be cool 8-)! I suspect the real reason they're not in the game (other than lack of development time) is because the CPU couldn't keep up with all the AI calculations, though I guess a fluffy bunny brain doesn't have to think as hard as an enemy soldier.

Well, there's seagulls, it'd be cool with more animals, not only for the cutscenes or for the pleasure to fry a bunny, but for the feeling that something is running in the forest, and you dont know whether it's a soldier or an animal - when youre a spec op soldier in the middle of the night :-)

Some people have no imagination.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Cybergangster on 3:37 am on Nov. 14, 2001

Oversoul -

I like that scene. And then after when the forest is burning from the aforementioned firefight we can't get a shot of a little baby deer running through the forest calling 'Mommy, mommy" and pan to Bambi's dead mum being dragged back to camp for a hearty meal....

give me a break...

<span id='postcolor'>

think about it, ur drivin a shikila, and u can barely see whuts up ahead of u, all of a sudden u hit a cow, ur tank is stuck in cow guts, and u have to get out, the d*amn yanks are just sitten in the near by bush waitin for u to come out. after the smell tells u to get out, u get shot in the hand, and then u wall in the cow guts actin like ur dead. Does this really help you think of the negative things that can happen?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from barret on 12:18 am on Nov. 15, 2001

think about it, ur drivin a shikila, and u can barely see whuts up ahead of u, all of a sudden u hit a cow, ur tank is stuck in cow guts, and u have to get out, the d*amn yanks are just sitten in the near by bush waitin for u to come out. after the smell tells u to get out, u get shot in the hand, and then u wall in the cow guts actin like ur dead. Does this really help you think of the negative things that can happen?

<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm,, sorry barret, maybe it wasnt a good idea after all,

*LOL*

[sarcasm]After all, we're trying to model the real world, which we all know has absolutely no animal life, so let's just not add any animals...[/sarcasm]

(Edited by Oversoul at 7:03 pm on Nov. 14, 2001)

Mabye the big foot or the Yeti and go out huntin. Or you could always add a drunkin hobo.