Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 88147 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Edit:

The only thing I've seen that doesn't look so good with the sharpening is distant vehicles and flames when viewed through thermal optics, such as available to a tank gunner or commander.

Here's what I'm talking about. Notice square artifacts in these shots taken with FSAA=2, FXAA=0, and FXAASharp=2 (I had screwed up and set FXAA=20, instead of 7 as intended, resulting, I guess, in FXAA=0). Check out the artifacts surrounding the running crewman, trying in vain to escape his grim fate, about to to be mowed down seconds later.

8bcbe5170198053.jpg

7b0ead170198056.jpg

1b2ece170198060.jpg

910807170198066.jpg

0bd538170198072.jpg

These are devoid of artifacts, same settings as above but with sharpening=0:

c8210f170198043.jpg

02da4d170198048.jpg

092e42170198049.jpg

But in all non-thermal optics situations, the sharpening is almost impossible to live without.

Edited by OMAC

A mod that disables motion blur in PP effects
Its a mod! Try starting the game without mods!

Thanks guys.

Actually...I get the same direct3D error with no mods loaded.

I'm using the -par=startup.txt parameter in the shortcut....and get the error.

startup.txt:-

-skipintro
-nosplash
-nopause
-world=empty
-showScriptErrors
-maxmem=2047

This no longer works...was working fine.!

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -par=startup.txt

Enough dicking around.....back to the last patch for me!

Edited by twirly
Added stuff

Actually...I get the same direct3D error with no mods loaded.

I got the error too yesterday, but only when I used "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion".

After editing the shortcut so that it was "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion", the problem went away. I didn't investigate it further, but since using "-mod=..." effectively disables the in-game mod management, I believe mods must be involved somehow.

I've installed this build yesterday and it seems it CTDs even before any logs are written. I've tried different parameters, but with no success. I use A2+OA combined into one folder. Any other tips?

I've installed this build yesterday and it seems it CTDs even before any logs are written. I've tried different parameters, but with no success. I use A2+OA combined into one folder. Any other tips?

Have you tried it without mods?

How do you launch the beta?

Your problem sounds pretty much like; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27868#note-1

If not, then I'd guess the start-in folder is wrong or other startup parameters.

If you want a quick way out and start the game properly, start SU, enable Beta, and Launch the Game.

it's very weird cause i can't get to replicate the crash myself

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -window -skipintro -noPatchCheck -world=empty -noFilePatching -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxmem=2047 -showscripterrors

tried dozens of combinations and lenght of the commandline

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

@OMAC thanks, we will look on the artefacts in TI and NVG with sharpen filter

I noticed that parachutes now often explode to flames when they collide with each other. Seeing this at least with insurgents.

Edit: Also the chernarus civilians dosent seem to play their voice when using the conversation system - (e.g. Silent "Uh, what?" and the rest).

ok the d3d9 problem with -beta= was replicated by SUMA and hopefully resolved soon

it's related to order of loading beta, mods vs registry mods etc.

Before I have the fix, it should be possible to work around the problem by rearranging the ModLauncherList contents in the Arma2OA.cfg file so that "beta" entries are listed last (when reordering them, do not forget to rename the Mod1...ModX names to match the new order).

There doesn't seem to be any addons folders installed with this beta, is that correct?

Also, I don't have any ModX references to betas specifically in my arma2oa.cfg file.

Running arma2 CO. Tested with A2Warmod.

1-Noticed a nice framerate improvement (8Gb Phenom x4 3.6Ghz). Noticed faster death scenes for player, when shot I noticed a more realistic animation, I fall to the ground in a more realistic fashion. If i am running with a weapon in hand, the weapon gets thrown a few feet away from the body, rather than staying in my hands or doing that old lod collision where the gun morphs into the graphics of my body.

2-Friendly AI does not always follow 'regroup' command.

I run:

D:\games\a2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

no mods.

Edit: Also the chernarus civilians dosent seem to play their voice when using the conversation system - (e.g. Silent "Uh, what?" and the rest).
It's that way since 1.50. A2 units conversation is broken since OA and report of recent contacts is broken for all.

Yeah, it would also be great if they wouldnt report friendly contacts after spotting any enemies. That would be nice feature in bigger dynamic missions if working right.

Guys with "Error creating directd 9 graphical engine" try to add FXAASharp=6; to your arma2oa.cfg and see if works!

excuse me guys but how do I get that filter to work?

maybe a dumb question but I honestly cant figure it out.

thanks for any useful answer

Sarge;2091248']excuse me guys but how do I get that filter to work?

maybe a dumb question but I honestly cant figure it out.

thanks for any useful answer

use your "ArmA2OA.cfg"

FSAA=8;

postFX=1;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=32;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2131247104;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=1;

AToC=7;

Windowed=0;

FXAA=17;

FXAASharp="5";

oh ok

duh xD

thank you!

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Ok I get that error message as well, have no idea what to do. I can't figure out what has to be done to the command line.

"D:\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=PMC -mod=BAF -mod=@DiverseAddons -mod=@Vopsound_2.3 -mod=@GLT_Mod -mod=@CAA

Running arma2 CO.

2-Friendly AI does not always follow 'regroup' command.

I can confirm this. Was playing warfare BE last night and had the same issue.

I can confirm this. Was playing warfare BE last night and had the same issue.

CIT it please!