Sign in to follow this  
CoolCarlos2002

2 Addons nearly everyone wants`!!!

Actually the Bradley was just being introduced into US army units in 1985, besides the campaign finishes in the early 1990's.

I'd like to see a bradley, but only if the russians get a BTR (preferably BTR-70 or BTR-60) by the way the addons that BIS have produced a have been equalizing several areas, like introducing the M163, counter for the Shilka, SU-25 Counterpart of the A-10, and i've seen pictures of a OFP model in progress for the BRDM which is akin to the Humvee.

If anyone from BIS is reading this, could they give us a hint of what is coming in the next expansion?

Hehe, you can find both the sea hawk and the harrier onboard lhd's smile.gif, that would be nice to add on to!

well if NATO stuff is going to be released it will ruin the game's balance of power! the west will have too many combat options to choose from!

you know, russia wouldn't be fighting with sticks and stones at that time! i don't mean that for every western unit there should be a russian counterpart; there just should be some "fairness": if NATO gets say an aircraft, give the russians more variety of firearms

out-of-topic wish: i reckon snipers and special troops should get handguns (maybe even silenced! maybe not the specials but definitely snipers: those precision rifles are useless at close-range combat (too long to reload etc.)

2 devil: what is your "ÄëvÄl" supposed to mean?

(Edited by Cyanide at 11:03 pm on Nov. 16, 2001)

If you want to talk about fair, do you think it was fair to start that war in the first place? Who cares if the East has less stuff, it was like that during the Cold War.

What do you mean what does my name mean?

ok if you want go into further detail about what it really was like back in those days here are my "dream addons":

1. a bio-toilet for the western troops (i think they were already in action in '85)

2. chemical warfare + gas masks

3. nukes (not the "nuclear grenade", it's too weak)

4. a certain % of women soldiers(there should be some respect of human rights after all!!! and the sports car addon would get a new use - getting chics...)

5. vodka for the russians (you westerners reckon it's the russian power source/fuel/food/aim of living)

6. combat divers armed with special rifles firing trident arrows

7. prisoner of war' camps (like the one in the "Great Escape") so that there would be missions to get out of the camp or to free captured fellas

8. body armour

9. fireworks after every victorious mission and on important holidays

10. troops should have the need to sleep/eat/.../... because "otherwise it would be unrealistic" imagine the following scenarios:

(i)a black beret going for a night operation and suddenly falling asleep behind enemy line

(ii)in the mission where the pilot has to  get back after a crash he would also need to steal food from an enemy's base

(iii)a sniper getting distracted by a fit girl and thus missing his target

(iv)the russians would need to nick a NATO chopper to fly and get some vodka somewhere far away because there are no liquor stores on the 3 islands...

i've got loads of other wise ideas, just ask and i'll deliver!

now all this was meant to be funny and the point was to show that my previous post about "fairness" was rather sensible...

(Edited by Cyanide at 11:32 pm on Nov. 16, 2001)

About the Bradley not being available in 1985, here is the final word:

I graduated from Armored Reconnaissance School in Feb. 1985 (trained from Oct 84 to Feb 85) as with 19D MOS, Bradley qualified. Stationed in 2nd AD (mechanized infantry unit if Bradley IFV's) until 1986. Being a scout, I was on an M3 Bradley CFV instead of the IFV. Bradleys were used in the 1st Calvary Division on my base also, as well as in our sister units in Germany (we had Bradleys there for our use during REFORGER).

-----

Served as M3 Bradley Squad Member in Army 1984-1986, Calvary Scout 19D - Yes, in Real Life you really swell guys

devil , you shouldnt say things like that ,those screenshots floating around of the harrier are for VBS-1

another reason is availability....I still don't understand how they could add a G36A.... I'd rather seen a G3 which at least was invented in '85

well id like to see all the bugs and issues before any new stuff is added.

If after that was all done then i would like the harrier,think chopper but can go a lot faster and a proper working scud missile.

Respawning vehicles in multiplayer if it hasnt been done also the option for the host to enable other players to enter a game thats already started.

The LST, it has the space to land a chopper in the back,i tried it, but last time i done it my chopper fell straight through the ship sad.gif

last of all how about putting in a few weapons like the british SLR or sa80(complete with bayonet and susat sights smile.gif

Software Developer's Kit ... I think. Possibly Software Development Kit.

or

Satiates Designer's Know-how

or

Someone Design a Knuckleduster

--

Currently reading: The First World War Vol. 1 - Hew Strachan

Currently listening: William Bloke - Billy Bragg

Ok, I'm a plonker who didn't realise the post I replied to was just the one at the bottom of the page, not the last one.

*Sigh*

Time to go to bed.

And I'm the one who asked the question in the first place. I like your last definition, though.

my opinion for the best addon would be to take the Veit Cong unit and strap sachel charges to him and he self detonates or when his heart stops (dead) the bomb would go off. Just my opinion though!

Who gives a d*amn about internet play....

Codemasters Dropped the Seal Team project because they said that there was interest in Online Only games.. next thing they are back supporting BIS making OFP..

Single player, and small network games are much more fun than internet games, because you don't get the ASSholes and idiots stuffing around in them.