Sign in to follow this  
CoolCarlos2002

2 Addons nearly everyone wants`!!!

The Addons that nearly everyone wants is:

An AV-8 Harrier and a UH-1 chopper!

i dont understand why they didnt insert a M2 Bradley IFV

Please include these Vehicles , if you want to i can provide info and every pictures of them , front , side , back , top , bottom etc...

Guest Scooby

No No No.

I cant get it why some people are wanting so worthless addons as harrier and UH-1.

If BIS adds something they should add such weapons that will make gameplay better and balance it.

OFP isnt too good as an flightsimulator and we've got more than enough flying vehicles in game.

BIS has this far listened completly wrong people when adding vehicles, I hope for the sake of the game that they begin listening people with better ideas than those who suggest such vehicles to game that wouldnt change gameplay much more than add some eye candy for certain people.

I totally disagree with you!

If they had released an SDK people will stop asking for more , more and more SDK is the first thing people wants , let the customer make their vehicles , let BIS handle the bugs

No real point to the AH-1 U.S. already has 2 transport choppers. 3 if you count the Blackhawk with the M2.

I agree with USAF we do need to SDK there would be alot less presure on the BIS staff to make new units then

RED

I would like to see that Bis first improves internet play before anything else. I had great visions of large scale battles on the internet only to find out that even games with a small amount of players are virtually unplayable. sad.gif But enough of that has been said already.

Only after internet play has been improved they can continue working on add-ons. Personally, I don't need any more flying vehicles. Perhaps a couple more land verhicles but foremost stuff like mortars or even halfway decent anti-tank weapons. After all, it's first and foremost an infantry sim.

As I think it over, I guess that USAF has a good point in wanting the SDK released. There are enough talented modellers and skinners out there to create vehicles. Let Bis concentrate on the game engine and network code.

My 0.02 eurocents.

Let the Russians and Resistance have more stuff before the Americans.

So far, Addons have been ...

America 4 Civilians 2 Russia 1 Resistance 0

Who the #### wants a harrier that is just like the BMP and UH1 like a UH60. It's a waste, BIS should be putting in a C-130 and some more civilians.

Errr...... Infantry have AT guns.......

Insert a AT Soldier ........

Or RPG\LAW soldier....

AAAH WE ALSO NEED AN F-14 TOMCAT GUYS, I WANT TO TAKE OUT A SU-25 FROM 148 km's AWAY WITH MY PHOENIX MISSLES!!! AND MAKE IT LOOK TEH SHINY!!!!! Btw, I don't think the Harrier would fit in the game; it would be totally overkill...

LOL SDK is : Software Developing Kit, it will enable us to make new models and picures that we can't yet. like the paa format and the p3d format.

RED

Thanks, Red. smile.gif

Now I have been enlightened, I completely agree than an SDK would add a lot to the game and extend the program's shelf life.

SDK= Software Development Kit

that should be only in the hands of capable mod groups, to create completely new units from scratch. There will without doubt much crap units once the SDK is partially released, in form of plugins for 3DMAX a.e.

It´s not only about the 3D model itself, but programming and sounds, textures too to make the unit actually work ingame. This is unlikely a one man job, but more that of an mod project.

It´s a differnce between retexturing an already existant object, or changing its sound or behaviour, than creating something new from scratch.

I hope that there will be tools available soon for retexturing or adding/changing sounds in OFP for everyone, so for simple tasks.

Here is what Marek Spanel wrote as reply to my request about info on the wss soundformat:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Hi Thomas,

wss is our proprietary sound format. Tools to convert sounds into it will be available later this year.

Best regards

Marek Spanel

-

Operation Flashpoint Project Leader

<span id='postcolor'>

The creating of completely new units from scratch is job of pro groups that should get the SDK parts needed for it, it shouldn´t be released to broad public, because then it´s likely, the really good made units will vanish in the sheer mass of crappy attempts, just as with the user made missions. Out of 20 Missions, there are at most 2 that are really of good design, the rest is crap, making it a pain and demoralizes to try new missions, and the good ones suffer from that.

Also don´t forget that everyone needs the exactly same vehicles you use on your maps, else there will be quite some confusion on what vehicles someone needs to download if there are hundreds available, many of the same vehicle, say 20 M2 Bradleys....this would suck.

So i´d prefer quality over quantity, better a handfull of quality addons from dedicated mod groups than 100 addons per months worth s**t.

(Edited by Satchel at 8:24 pm on Sep. 26, 2001)

To whoever said so, i do not think a Harrier would be overkill at all really.

Though i agree with some of you in that what is needed is more emphasis on Infantry, perhaps some kind of a stationary anti tank gun (think of the one on everon) and a C130 would be "nice" but on the whole maybe a little innapropriate.

What would be nice is for medics to be able to go and heal people instead of people having to "use" the medics.

And maybe make it possible to bleed to death? Not sure if this is already in game..

I said it would be overkill, ok, if we get the harrier, I want the F-14 tomcat with Phoenix Missles and Russian markings on it so that it would only be playable on the Russian side and that it can kill a Harrier from 148 km's away. That should even it out quite a bit.

Harriers would be good for low level engagements, they arent comparable to your average fighter jet as far as i know.

Well, an F16 U is also good for low level engagements, or maybe the F-16 XL or even the F-14 outfitted with Mavericks...

yeah but the Harrier is used to attack ground targets

The F14 is a long range air 2 air fighter andthe F16 is a multi role fighter. So whats wrong with a harrier in OFP?

(other than i dont really want any more air units but it would be nice)