Sign in to follow this  
tyxo

Poor Performance

Hi guys.

My friend are trying to play ARMA 2 With me, he bought the Combined operations in Steam recently but he is having some Big performance issues.

the pc configuration is :

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (stock)

8Gb ram DDR3 1333Mhz Kingston

Geforce 9600GT 512mb DDR 3

Corsair 650W

he is actually using some commands in the launch options :

-DX9 -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=3072 -nosplash -world=empty

and even with the game in Very LOW settings, the Frames are Crazy.

some times 80fps+ and in the next 3 sec it goes to 9fps even without move or turning the camera.

i know that the 9600GT its not enough to play arma 2 very well, but strangely im having greater performance than him, and with a lower configuration pc, and a 9500GT

Make sure anti aliasing is off and there are a couple more things in the in game video options that can be reduced or shut off. Not at my PC right now so can't be sure what the others are but this should be a good start.

FYI I play on 2.1 gh single core with 2 g ram with a nv9800GTX+oc Vid card and have playable frame rates so it can be done to be below specs but you really have to play around with stuff. Fallujah at worst give 4-7 FPS but as high as 24fps, my top is about 42fps in the best of times. One thing to make sure of is that he is playing with his game resolution set to his monitors natural setting (factory assigned optimal res). This can make all of the difference in the world.

so he have to put the 3D resolution in 100% ?

the AA and terrain quality are at lowest.

all other settings are in Medium . but even with everything on very low, still 8fps @_@

Edited by TyXo

FYI I play on 2.1 gh single core with 2 g ram with a nv9800GTX+oc Vid card and have playable frame rates

yea its really weird, i can also play it on my very old Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz singel core and (recently added) HD5570 AGP card this game seems to absolute crappily scale with multipel CPU even worse then Skyrim

and on my i5 2500k i can run folding@home in background assigned to core 2+3, and there is 0 loss of performance in ARMA2 when i do so ~

Edited by deszythe

So wait, I have an Athlon single core 2,4ghz, GeForce GT430 and 3g DDR, will I be able to play proper coop(with the ACE mod)????

So wait, I have an Athlon single core 2,4ghz, GeForce GT430 and 3g DDR, will I be able to play proper coop(with the ACE mod)????

I highly doubt it! Maybe with everything on min but requirements are a dual core or better.

/KC

I highly doubt it! Maybe with everything on min but requirements are a dual core or better.

/KC

Well, I played it on a single core Athlon XP 2800+ and as long there isn´t too much AI- stuff goin on he´ll be fine.

Nice to know it start even on single core but the LtDiego did ask if he would be able to play "play proper coop with ACE" and again I highly doubt it will be a pleasant ride with his current HW since ACE adds another layer of burden.

Only way to know is for him to try...

/KC

The real performance is in the Display resolution, and the View Distance.

A 9600gt(old chip) isnt going to be very fast at HD resolutions.

i was running with 3D resolution in 120% and View Distance at 1600

The real performance is in the Display resolution, and the View Distance.

A 9600gt (old chip) isnt going to be very fast at HD resolutions.

@TyXo: kklownboy's right. So until you upgrade you can always try these tweaks

I will wait to get a new pc and then I will buy ARMA x

You can always try with ArmA Free and see how it works on your current HW...

http://www.arma2.com/free

Note that A2Free use lower resolution on textures so A2 full will be a tad more demanding I guess.

/KC