Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Changing Audio Outputs In-Game

Do you think we should be able to change audio sources mid-game?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should be able to change audio sources mid-game?

This has been an issue all throughout the ArmA series. You can not plug in your microphone or headphones midgame. I use a USB microphone/headphone combinations, as are many others, and I must exit out of the game to enable them. This is a real pain in the ass because sometimes I forget to plug it in.

There are quite a few games of this generation and last generation that allow users to do this. We can already plug in game controllers mid-game, why not change audio outputs/inputs mid game?

Do you think we should be able to change audio sources mid-game?

100% yes. If they slip out by accident you have to restart the game, really annoying.

Besides tecnical hurdles regarding the implementation, I can't see any arguments against being able to change audio-output midgame. So I believe only a troll would vote "no" in this poll.

--> Wishlist

Besides tecnical hurdles regarding the implementation, I can't see any arguments against being able to change audio-output midgame. So I believe only a troll would vote "no" in this poll.

--> Wishlist

There are technical hurdles regarding almost any implementation of almost any feature; so that arguement is for the sakes of those who just don't want it for whatever vague reason. I wonder who did vote no... :rolleyes:

I wonder who did vote no... :rolleyes:

I wonder why they voted no.

Couldn't it be implemented like the controllers and headtrackers currently are within the game?

I wonder why they voted no.

Probably to make a passive aggressive statement about the redundancy of the poll. It's a request which no one would have a reason to actively oppose, so why even ask.

Probably to make a passive aggressive statement about the redundancy of the poll. It's a request which no one would have a reason to actively oppose, so why even ask.

Well, you never know. If I didn't give the option of "No" people would complain that my options are too vague. It was a yes or no question so that's what I put in the poll. :)

It should totally be a feature request with a CIT ticket and all that, but has little merit to be the subject of a poll. Basically the same as "would you like Arma3 to have an improved engine, y/n?" :p

As I said, you never know, some people may vote no and believe they should focus attention elsewhere. Is it really that big of a deal? I just wanted to see how many people were aware of the issue by creating a poll about it here. If you have such a problem with it, rather than complain and tell me what I shouldn't or should do, report my post.

Edited by Nicholas

I don't have any problem with it or think it's a big deal. I just answered a question as to why people would vote no. And then I clarified that answer. And now I'm posting more crap :p

Why bother wasting your time voting if you believe the poll was pointless and not needed? If you thought it was redundant, why not report my post?

I have no interest in moderating the BI forums unless they pay me really really well.

I have no interest in moderating the BI forums unless they pay me really really well.

I'll go talk to Maruk.... ;)